II./JG27_Rich

Spits VS 109s people

I was wondering if there are any Spits VS 109s people in here? I sure hope so and I hope many will be flying this sim. I'm trying my best in one thread over there puting up videos and sweet talking the best I can about IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad, I hope it's having some effect :blink:

I'm there from time to time. Dropped by much less once I discovered RoF. I think many will give both Stalingrad and DCS:W a go once they release. What happens to 1946 after that will be interesting.

That's good news. I think just by the way the Lagg handles it's even a higher challenge than IL-2 so I think it will be something like 2001 all over again.  :)

pardon my ignorance, but what's Spits VS 109s?

One of the most popular IL2 1946's dogfight server.

I'm in, but I used to fly there many years ago.

Edited by 6S.Manu
  • Upvote 1

Spit vs 109 is pretty much done due to crazy admins that work hard on keeping people away with unreal rules like a spoiled child :/

I hope someone can build a cool online war for this game.

Edited by JG62Gielow

In my opinion it started to draw some folks away from Warclouds because they have many more plane sets in Spits VS 109s. Warclouds had this crazy insane fight over the 109 G2 and the Spitfire Mk. IX 25 IBS witch Spits VS 109s wouldn't give a second thought to plus they didn't have icons on at Spits VS 109s. There wasn't one single North Africa mission at Warclouds either and that's my favorite arena

Spit vs 109 is pretty much done due to crazy admins that work hard on keeping people away with unreal rules like a spoiled child :/

I hope someone can build a cool online war for this game.

I kind of agree with that. Any ideas a person has or any requests you are basically shut down.

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

I flew mostly Skies of Valor because of the japanese plane sets they liked to use.

I jumped to Spits Vs. 109 often however.

Good times.

I used to fly spits vs 109s a lot back in the day. Plus an awful lot of the zekes vs wildcat server. Warclouds was the most dreadful yawn, as it was one identical mission and latewar planeset every time. Sort of where DCS ww2 is going.

Horses for courses I suppose.  I used to really enjoy War Clouds - and BF's2 - before I got into coops.  What I really liked back then was the way the server would be well populated all evening Euro time but the numbers would stay the same as the early evening East Coast US guys would join.  A kind of handing over of the baton.

I really hope BoS and it's future theatres can do the same.

Yeah, not recently though, I haven't flown Spits v 109's for quite a long time, hopefully this sim will be as much fun as the original IL2, so far so good.

Horses for courses I suppose.  I used to really enjoy War Clouds - and BF's2 - before I got into coops.  What I really liked back then was the way the server would be well populated all evening Euro time but the numbers would stay the same as the early evening East Coast US guys would join.  A kind of handing over of the baton.

I really hope BoS and it's future theatres can do the same.

War Clouds was a terrific server. A big part of the popularity of War Clouds was the host, SparX. Great guy - very generous with advice, time and $$$.

Anybody talked to him lately?

Vultures Row visits the servers once in a while, but we use to live on it. Looking forward to seeing everyone here.

• Upvote 1

Used to fly Zekes vs Wildcats, alone or with my squadron but when on successful high level bombing attacks you get this message,

a few times we left for more interesting european servers.

bild2mc3.jpg

Highlight of the week for me back then was Saturday mornings AEST flying ZvsW with Kenji Nakamura from Japan. Great fun it was. Good luck to him, wherever he is now.

I used to fly spits vs 109s

almost shoot at my friends when drive from 9,000 meter :biggrin:

Edited by Karost

Flew there a lot. Same on warclouds. But the server that I miss the most is gretergreen.

That was my first full switch server back in the original I2 and I had so much fun flying eastern front there.

Edited by Jaws2002

Flew there a lot. Same on warclouds. But the server that I miss the most is gretergreen.

That was my first full switch server back in the original I2 and I had so much fun flying eastern front there.

Many a Duel in there Jaws ~S~

I used to be a regular and Spits and Zekes...

Now there are so many silly rules that I don't bother.

I'd like to think there will be something that comes along to re spark my interest in "flying" again.  I do miss it.

But something tells me that U Turn signs at the edges of the map point to issues elsewhere that may sink this one too...

I hope not.

• Upvote 1

As a representative of SvAF (F19vs and F16vs) iI'll give you a holler :"we will all be here in the end...."

Do I remember correctly, but did greatergreen go belly up quite early?

Greatergreen was a fantastic server.. As was the Virtualpilots servers and the F16dedicated... Hats off to warbirds of prey servers for keeping alive for so long and still at it... I sure hope they will set up a BoS server as well when the time comes :) Edited by F19_Klunk

Used to fly from time to time, in Il-2 I didn't fly much in dogfight servers.

Others that I joined were Ukded 3 and Warclouds.

Bomber Night was fantastic. I have a track somewhere of flying with twenty or thirty Sturmoviks at treetop height over the old Stalingrad winter map.

• Upvote 1

Nothing like that for me but I did get my Heinrich Bartels looking G6 pictured on the site one night. I think I was zooming under a B-24

Hello to some of my old friends from the ZvW and Spitsv109 days! Yes, Ccrashh, Joop, and I will be in BoS. Havent' heard from Poker in a while, but he'll probably be around as well. It's been fun winging with some of the 'old crowd' in RoF. I'm llooking forward to more in BoS. By the way, any of you guys remember Chicago Chad? He's a member here, too. Got a PM from him the other day. Great to see so many old faces still around!

Captain Hook here.  Still fly Spits vs 109's regularly (HSFX server), but I do miss Warclouds.  Sparx was a great admin.  I miss the days right after the release of Pacific Fighters when Warclouds had the hard deathkick rule for 3 deaths, with a 5 minute rejoin penalty.  Even with that, you sometimes waited for 20-30 minutes to be able to get on the server.  Oh, those wonderful days when *everyone* wanted to fly like Boyington in a Corsair.  Since I loved the Frank, it was a match made in heaven... for me, at least.  :ph34r:

You either fly Spits vs 109s, or you fly on ATAG with CoD.  Outside of Ghost Skies nights, there's nothing else attracting more than a handful of players that isn't arcade settings.

Hello to some of my old friends from the ZvW and Spitsv109 days! Yes, Ccrashh, Joop, and I will be in BoS. Havent' heard from Poker in a while, but he'll probably be around as well. It's been fun winging with some of the 'old crowd' in RoF. I'm llooking forward to more in BoS. By the way, any of you guys remember Chicago Chad? He's a member here, too. Got a PM from him the other day. Great to see so many old faces still around!

Salute all! 

Yes, I am around, been busy designing games.

Spits_vs_109s and Zeke_vs_Wildcat www.warbirdsofprey.com was started by myself, Osiris and Knight. We built a community around an idea of "full real",  "full switch", "full immersion" where our goal was to provide the most realism and teamwork.

• No speedbar or icons
  • Objective based historical battles
  • Taxi and hold short to group up
  • Take off from runway
  • Formation flying

I'm watching this sim closely for potential to recreate the "good old days". 

• Upvote 3

It really is great to see you back Chad. Some of the greatest fun I've ever had in the old Il-2 was in those TB-3 Zveno missions with the I-16's slung underneath. I really appreciated the tremendous effort you went to, to keep things running smoothly. Rather marveled at your patience on more than one occasion too. :)

• Upvote 1

It really is great to see you back Chad. Some of the greatest fun I've ever had in the old Il-2 was in those TB-3 Zveno missions with the I-16's slung underneath. I really appreciated the tremendous effort you went to, to keep things running smoothly. Rather marveled at your patience on more than one occasion too. :)

Feathered! Nice to hear from you. 

Murmansk was created because I wanted to use every single thing IL-2 had to offer.

Getting the fighters attached to the bombers before the enemy got to the airfield took some great teamwork.