71st_AH_Mastiff

Mastiff's Set up and settings

:salute:

I'm getting 110 fps with these setting but I also cap mine at 50 .. DSR is on but I'm running at native resolution. 2x supper-sample seems to be OK, any higher will affect FPS.

startup.cfg Gamma is at .75450

post-429-0-50177700-1500542444_thumb.jpg

post-429-0-77701300-1500542449_thumb.jpg    post-429-0-84735100-1500542448_thumb.jpg   post-429-0-77647100-1500542445_thumb.jpg   

getting 120 FPS in the new Moscow textures now..

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff
  • Upvote 9

Why are you keeping FXAA on with in-game AA set to 4x? Also, you seem to be setting your AA mode to application-controlled, are you sure that 2x Supersampling is still being applied? I'm sure everyone will appreciate the fact that you share your settings, but do you know what you're doing? :unsure:

Why are you keeping FXAA on with in-game AA set to 4x? Also, you seem to be setting your AA mode to application-controlled, are you sure that 2x Supersampling is still being applied? I'm sure everyone will appreciate the fact that you share your settings, but do you know what you're doing? :unsure:

uh yes; 2x is being applied; as I have tried; at 4x super-sample; makes the FPS even lower, if you use; just multi-sample it's going to be above 60 fps.

yes, I know exactly what I'm doing; test for your-self. I have been "tweaking video settings" since the very first Voodoo and rage 3D video cards; 1995 3dfx's Voodoo3 and S3's ViRGE lineup. maybe this will help you out. http://www.pcgamer.com/from-voodoo-to-geforce-the-awesome-history-of-3d-graphics/ 

if you have seen my videos you would know what settings you can achieve. with 4x supper-sample really brings the game out but its really heavy on FPS.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

Have your military days taught you these manners and your spelling too, aside from "tweaking video settings"? And you should be a tester, too.

Good luck to you, dear man.

By the way: good move on editing your insults. Carry on.

Sorry Picchio; I wasn't in the mood after work this morning from your comment " do you know whats your doing" that sent me over the edge.

I'll clean this up. and keep it OT.

Thanks for sharing Mastiff. For me it is always interesting to see how folks have settings, I never can quit dinkering with this stuff  

:salute:   Cheers --sf--  

Hi Mastiff thanks for these.

I have always struggled with calibrating my screen/monitor and gamma levels. I found this program and it has helped me a lot. Maybe some1 else could also use it. http://quickgamma.de/indexen.html (The setting that I now use is 1.60)

• Upvote 1

thanks a  good post 

Tried it and looooved it !....

Thanks again for the work and the sharing Mastiff !!...

Hey Mastiff,

I tried your graphic settings after getting back to this sim ( been a long summer )--- I really like the results. Noticed the inside cockpit view

much better,also. Again thanks for sharing

Cheers--sf

• Upvote 1

In my case, it boiled down to that one setting:

- Power management mode

Sorry for bit of OT, but:

Just have to think this out loud: Why is there a setting like this? "I want to save power" -said no PC gamer ever :( ... Why was that "optimal power" set as default?

I am quite certain that the "PC master race" is all for:

frabz-power-unlimited-power-42e9d8.jpg

;) .. But, anyways, thanks for the tip. I will quit spamming now :)

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 1

with the new update and some more test I found that tuning a couple of things in the IL-2 Stalingrad profile helps with the Distance as well as the Terrain ini, file you can find here.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/23699-make-il-2-look-stunning-improved-ground-detail-and-visibilit/

these new setting for seeing aircraft out to 9.4km

remember not all systems are alike; but what I can tell you, read what certain options in the settings do and that helps allot.

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff
  • Upvote 4

Thx Mastiff, your settings have enhanced the graphic performance of the game quite a bit. My rig is pretty similiar to yours.

I have Anisotropic Filtering set to 16x in the nVidia CP.  I see you have it set to Application Controlled.  Do we have any idea what the Application Controlled setting is in-game?  And do we know that if we set something different in nVidia CP if it will actually override it?

Thanks

Is the terrain.cfg file applicable to the latest version of the game 2.003

I have Anisotropic Filtering set to 16x in the nVidia CP.  I see you have it set to Application Controlled.  Do we have any idea what the Application Controlled setting is in-game?  And do we know that if we set something different in nVidia CP if it will actually override it?

Thanks

I think its 4x

• Upvote 1

Loved your suggestions Mastif! The only thing I changed was the gamma settings. On my monitor it made everything too dark. Bumped it up to .9 and then went on to 1. That looked best to me. I have the feeling that the individual monitor and monitor settings might have more to do with this than anything else.

Anyway, thanks for your settings. The game is fantastic.

I think its 4x

Thanks.  I answered my own question whether NCP will over-ride the game.  If you adjust Anisotropic Filtering in NCP higher than the in-game level it will change the look of the game.  FXAA and Anti-aliasing - Transparency Supersampling did not seem to make any difference.

I did however download nVidia Inspector with the Profiler (link below) and set the Anti-aliasing - Transparency to 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling which rid the horizon of shimmering.  The game is smooth and looks fantastic now.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

Is the terrain.cfg file applicable to the latest version of the game 2.003

Bump ;)

One note - if the profile inspector fails to run under Windows 10, look for version 2.1.2.15 online.

I don't understand any of it other than the fact that the updated version solved my problem.

Well, v2.1.2 was working just fine in Win10 until I had an update today, now it won't start.  Can't seem to find 2.1.2.15.

Are the setting on the OP the "new" setting you qhere talking about today mastiff?

For anyone with a recent AMD card (I have an RX480 8GB), set your in-game settings the way Mastiff has his.

I just did a test: in the Radeon settings, the following gives me good visibility on aircraft out to 9500m:

• Anti-aliasing: Application controlled/multisampling 
  • triple buffering: on 
  • Anisotropic filtering: application controlled 
  • Surface format optimization: On 
  • Texture filtering quality: High (not sure if this has any effect) 
  • Morphological filtering: off 
  • Shader cache and tessellation mode: AMD optimized 
I use the terrain.cfg fix as well for the blocky ground textures.
  • Upvote 1

Terrain configure fix??

Please provide link as I thought that was no longer effectual since some later updates?

On page 8 of the nVidia Tweak Guides I posted above I ran across this concerning Triple Buffering:

The available options for this setting are Off and On. However, although not clearly indicated by Nvidia in the NVCP, this setting only applies to OpenGL games. Since the vast majority of games are based on DirectX, this setting won't have any impact on them. An Nvidia Engineer confirms this in this article by noting that there is no driver override functionality for Triple Buffering under DirectX. This has been done for compatibility purposes, since DirectX games use internally controlled frame buffering, and forcing Triple Buffering via the graphics driver can break this internal buffer management. If you wish to use Triple Buffering in a DirectX game, check the in-game settings for buffer-related options. Many games don't have any such options, in which case, to force Triple Buffering in DirectX games, you can use the D3DOverrider utility covered under the Advanced Tweaking section later in the guide.

Also on page 7 there is this concerning the use of Clamp regarding Negative LOD Bias:

The available options for this setting are Allow and Clamp. Modern games automatically set the LOD Bias, which is why this setting exists, so that you can either select Clamp to lock out and thus forcibly prevent any negative LOD Bias values from being used, or Allow it. Unfortunately, Nvidia has explicitly noted in its release notes for the GeForce drivers for several years now that: "Negative LOD bias clamp for DirectX applications is not supported on Fermi-based GPUs and later." In other words, this setting currently has no impact on the majority of games on GTX 400 and newer GPUs; you cannot prevent negative LOD bias in most games.

So apparently, neither of these settings work in relation to BOS/BOM as it is a DirectX game.

Emphasis added.

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95
  • Upvote 1