Sneaksie

How to install Saitek Cyborg Evo Force 64-bit FFB drivers

Several players who use Saitek Cyborg Evo Force joystick reported serious problems with their devices, including drivers crash when attempting to launch the game. We bought this model to check this issue and found out that 64-bit drivers may install and/or function incorrectly, they could crash even in the Windows control panel when attempting the FFB test. We contacted Saitek and asked them to investigate the issue and they suggested us to use the following instruction. This way the drivers installed fine and joystick functions in the game.

Basically, you need to download this driver installer:

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/Saitek_Cyborg_Evo_Force_SD6_64.exe

extract it to some folder using WinRar or similar software and then choose it manually for TWO devices in Windows Device manager (HID and USB one). This Saitek article explains it in detail.

• Upvote 1

Excellent ffb support from both parties. Actually ffb is a big part of flying Il2 for me. I'd love to see more attention paid to ffb devices. It adds a whole new dimension, and to be honest, it also adds something of an advantage in dogfighting as you can feel stall onset better.

Damn, I'm impressed with you guys doing this! Great attention to customer service. Kudos++.

Hey guys,

what was your operating system? Windows 10?

I got 10 and it don´t won´t to install.

Driver Version is 6.0.4.1.

Game crashes at loading a level (with Joystick, i got a Cyborg Evo Force), without Stick games run´s without problems...help please

thx

Now i found the problem:

Disable the force feedback in the settings and all will be fine... :P

The solution don't work for me.

I followed the instructions provided but when i press "update Software Driver"  and point to the folder it say that " Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."

I am using Windows 10 64bit anniversary update edition. And i previously to the OS update also encountered this problem with my EVO Force and il-2.

But i managed to fix this using a solution provided in another forum.

After doing this solution the EVO Force worked fine, Force Feedback work fine, no issues at all.

The solution was the following:

With regedit, browse to key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
System
CurrentControlSet
Control
MediaProperties
PrivateProperties
Joystick
OEM

and delete all keys starting ?"VID_06A3?".

Unfortunately This solution don't work anymore after the anniversary update.  I delete the keys in the registry and seconds latter they pop up back.

IL-2 crash again.

Now i can't play the game . and buying another joystick without Force Feedback is not a option.

What to do?

Edited by FritzWolfYujin

The solution is not working for me either.

Latest drivers, latest software, BOS is CTD every time i go into mission with FFB switched on.

By the way - FFB is working just fine in other sims (FSX-SE or Warthunder, will check others)

Please fix this issue, as it is the deal beaker for me - not buying BOM nor BOK until it's fixed.

And I really want those :)

Intel I7-6700K @4GHz

16GB RAM

GF GTX 970

Win10 64 ver.1511 (fresh install)

Saitek driver ver. 6.0.4.1

Profiler version 7.0.47.1

I have the same problem. My Saitek Ruder Pedals works fine, but Saitek Evo Force makes CTD. So I can't play BOS.

i5-2500K @4.7GHz

8GB RAM

GF GTX1070

Windows 10 64bit

Saitek driver ver. 6.0.4.1

Profiler version 7.0.47.1

Same here, the sollution dosn't work anymore. Game CTD's everytime now. Works fine in all other flightsims.

Found this text on Saitek support about Cyborg Evo Force: 

Welcome to the Saitek Community! We understand you need assistance with your Cyborg Evo Force. The Windows 8.1 driver is the newest driver we have available. it should work for what you need, but we cannot guarantee it. We would have the windows 10 driver, but Microsoft has not released any for Windows 10 yet for us to get ahold of. The plugins available are to help external devices to interact with the games/functions in the games. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to reply back and we will be happy to help!

Edited by Rocka74

Same here,

problem causes force feedback driver from saitek (Saitek Cyborg Evo force (USB) 6.0.4.1). If I delete saitek drivers and leave microsoft drivers or just saitek driver for joystick (not ffb) then it works, but without force feedback. Also if I try calibrate saitek cyborg in control panel and test ffb, program fails. 

Any solution ?

Kudos to the devs for posting a temp fix.     BOOO at Saitek for not releasing updated drivers for the stick.   I just picked one up brand new for $30.    Using win8 driver installation software I actually got to see that the FFB on this stick is fully functional as it tried to shake itself off my stick platform.    But, going to that same testing page through "usb game controllers" in control panel it just crashes as soon as I hit a button with "Test Force Feedback" checked.  All it does is centering force.. not working in sims I've played.   But.. again.. the driver installer software allows me to run the test program so I feel like..yes..this thing could actually work in windows 10 if saitek would figure out what is causing it to crash and provided a driver update.   But seeing how they dont sell these anymore.. I'm not getting my hopes up.   

Hope someone finds a fix! Or I hope someone hacks their drivers and fixes it for them. 

Had a win7 pro 64-bit sitting around on cd.. created a partition and now have dualboot win10/win7.   Reinstalled IL-2 BoS in win7 and stick works fine. Wish saitek would own up and release a driver update for win10 for the people who still have these.. but..if you have access to an older version of windows.. this works.   A bit impractical if you aren't already using a dual boot setup or don't have a copy of win7 laying around.   

Again kudos to the devs.. anybody interested in getting theirs working should prob contact saitek just to show interest in an updated driver.. and on top of that I'd probably send an email to Logitech asking to start taking over driver support for saitek products including the Evo Force, as honestly.. logitech software has always worked fine for me unlike my experience with many saitek products. 

It may be fruitless as this product has long been discontinued however, the more voices on the matter the better the chances. 

Any update on this? Could not find anything on Saitek forums.

I have the same issue with Cyborg Evo Force on Windows 10: IL-2 BoS goes CTD if FFB is enabled and control panel also crashes when trying to test the FFB.

Interestingly, IL-2 CoD works with FFB using this very same configuration.

Detail: Saitek's last driver (SD6) also crashes IL-2 CoD (and other games), I only get to work (in IL-2 CoD, WarThunder, Warbirds, etc) with Windows Update Microsoft's drivers for Cyborg Evo Force, on Windows 10.

Can't wait for a fix to play BoS!

Edit:

Just tested on Rise of Flight and good news: It works!!!

Now, why doesn't it work on BoS? I think IL-2 devs can figure this out! :)

Edited by franzbischoff

Updates:

I found that the problem with IL-2 BoS is the fact it is purely 64-bits. Games that still work with Cyborg Evo are using SAI2FFB5.DLL that is a 32-bits DLL, these games are 32-bits indeed. Games that are 64-bits call FFB using SAIQFFB5.DLL, a 64-bits DLL, and there is the problem for CTD. I'm trying to work around with vJoy and UCR, but couldn't find a way to remap FFB effects received from vJoy to Cyborg EVO Force yet.

It seems Logitech is our only hope! We need to stick together people :)

Hi Folks,

Guess what, installed BoS yesterday and tried for 7 hours to get this simulation to run, but no joy :(((  Today I find that because I use Saitek Cyborg Evo FF stick it is causing BoS to crash.  Can't fly BoS.  What a shame :(((

My Saitek Cyborg Evo FF stick works fine with DCS and CloD, so why this problem with BoS?  The publicised solution, above, appears not to work.  I am not flying without FF and have a stock of Saitek Cyborg Evo FF sticks in the cupboard to see me through the next 10 years or so.

Looks like I won't be a customer for BoM, BoK or upcoming Pacific.  I can't believe it.  What a shame, no more BoX for me then and I wasted my money on BoS it would appear.

The BoX dev team seem so passionate and customer friendly too, I shall be missing out on a good flight sim and dev team by the looks of it.

Good luck all and happy landings, but without me :(((

56RAF_Talisman

@56RAF_Talisman, the only solution for now is to install BoS on Windows 7 that have working 64-bits drivers. This really works.

Meantime I joined the UCR development team to work with the FFB solution. Follow us on github for new updates.

The solution (if saitek does not provide a working dll) is to use UCR to load the 32-bits driver and translate the FFB commands to the 64-bits game.

Cheers.

@56RAF_Talisman, the only solution for now is to install BoS on Windows 7 that have working 64-bits drivers. This really works.

Meantime I joined the UCR development team to work with the FFB solution. Follow us on github for new updates.

The solution (if saitek does not provide a working dll) is to use UCR to load the 32-bits driver and translate the FFB commands to the 64-bits game.

Cheers.

Thanks Franz, but I am a Win 10 user and don't intend to go back to Win 7.  My FF stick works ok with other flight sims, so I will give BoX is miss.  Good luck with FFB solution and github.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Thanks Franz, but I am a Win 10 user and don't intend to go back to Win 7. My FF stick works ok with other flight sims, so I will give BoX is miss. Good luck with FFB solution and github.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Talisman,

Please do not give up on BOS, BOK or hopefully Pacific just yet. As the person who introduced me to CLOD, I would certainly enjoy the opportunity of winging up with you in BOS. I'm sure a solution is round the corner.

Regards

Haza

Edited by Haza

Talisman,

Please do not give up on BOS, BOK or hopefully Pacific just yet. As the person who introduced me to CLOD, I would certainly enjoy the opportunity of winging up with you in BOS. I'm sure a solution is round the corner.

Regards

Haza

Hi Haza,

Thank you for your kind words.  I have sent you a PM.  I was very much looking forward to coming back to BoX, but hay-ho things might change and a solution for FF might turn up.  Who knows, perhaps a company will start developing a new model FF stick for sale with more up-to-date technology.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Upvote 1

I am not flying without FF and have a stock of Saitek Cyborg Evo FF sticks in the cupboard to see me through the next 10 years or so.

Talisman, I know this is probably not what you want to hear but I had a Cyborg Evo FF for years and I really like force feedback.  Then I got myself a Microsoft FFB 2 and the difference was night and day.

'Fraid my old Cyborg now lies deep in some landfill site.  Check this out;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-SideWinder-Force-Feedback-2-656-00105-Joysticks-/112532092469?epid=140891473&hash=item1a336f7635:g:dDQAAOSwWM9ZmHqo

:salute:

Talisman, I know this is probably not what you want to hear but I had a Cyborg Evo FF for years and I really like force feedback.  Then I got myself a Microsoft FFB 2 and the difference was night and day.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-SideWinder-Force-Feedback-2-656-00105-Joysticks-/112532092469?epid=140891473&hash=item1a336f7635:g:dDQAAOSwWM9ZmHqo

Thanks Arthur, but I am very attached to my Saitek FF.  I am happy with the FF and the Saitek has more additional control features on the stick, which is what I am used to.  When it is set up well, I think the Saitek cyborg evo FF stick is great, good value for the money and they seem more freely available 2nd hand; perhaps because a lot of people don't seem to find them easy to set up and get on with.  I just wish someone would manufacture a new model off FF joystick.  Shame the Logitech FF was not so much of a success and I don't want to spend money on a stick only to have to carry out a modification to it.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Hi Arthur. What do you think about the BoS FF effects compared with CoD? 

When I tried using my Cyborg on Windows 7, I was kind of disappointed... CoD seems to have more real effects.

OK Arthur,

I decided to take you advice and go for it.  I have ordered Microsoft FF stick on ebay today.  Any tips you may have on unboxing and set up would be greatly appreciated.  Is the disc needed?  Will I need to get latest drives from somewhere, or will my PC automatically detect what is needed and point me in the right direction?

Thanks and happy landings.

56RAF_Talisman

• Upvote 1

Blast it!  There were a number of Microsoft Sidewinder sticks on the link you sent and it looks like I have purchased then one that is not FF :(((((((((

I now see that there are so many different types that is can be confusing.  A lesson for anyone else intending to get a Sidewinder FF stick and is not familiar with them.  Another set back now.

Blast it! There were a number of Microsoft Sidewinder sticks on the link you sent and it looks like I have purchased then one that is not FF :(((((((((

I now see that there are so many different types that is can be confusing. A lesson for anyone else intending to get a Sidewinder FF stick and is not familiar with them. Another set back now.

Talisman,

Are you saying you bought a stick you do not want? Im back near Bicester for xmas if a good stick but not FF back that you wanted. How much mate? Happy to help and buy off you if it keeps you with BOS. I use 3D Pro so if the stick is good happy to get without ForceFeedBack. PM me mate.

REGARDS

Haza

Edited by Haza
  • Upvote 1

Talisman,

Are you saying you bought a stick you do not want? Im back near Bicester for xmas if a good stick but not FF back that you wanted. How much mate? Happy to help and buy off you if it keeps you with BOS. I use 3D Pro so if the stick is good happy to get without ForceFeedBack. PM me mate.

REGARDS

Haza

No worries Haza.  I will sort it out.  Hasty purchase, buyer beware!  It is an old cheap stick.  I will let you know how it turns out.  It least I hope it should allow me to sample the new version of BoX.

P.S.

If you are over my way later this year you are welcome to come visit, catch up and try out my rig if you have the time.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Talisman,

Would be interested to hear about the stick as I need a new one. Sounds like a plan regarding Xmas.  Will PM you nearer the time.

Cheers

H

OK, no joy with Saitek cyborg evo FF joystick and drivers, but luckily for me a friend has given me a Microsoft FF2 joystick, so missions will launch for me now and I have the game up and running.  However, game still crashes to desktop a lot when in the settings menu, particularly when trying to assign or adjust axis settings; very frustrating.  On the bright side, the flying is great and I love the Kuban map on MP servers :)

Just purchased the Yak 1b as a collectors aircraft :)

Happy landings,

Talisman

Talisman,

Glad you have managed to sort something out. Have you tried the JU52, as that is great low and slow in the mountains. Hope to see you soon in MP.

Regards

What do you think about the BoS FF effects compared with CoD?

I use a MS FFB2 and in my opinion the range of force is better managed in CloD. The FF effects in BoS saturate forces too fast. In Clod, I really appreciate the very soft forces at low speed and really hard at high speed.

I had a Cyborg Evo FF for years and I really like force feedback. Then I got myself a Microsoft FFB 2 and the difference was night and day.

I totaly agree with this. I was also a owner of two Saitek Evo Force and I switched to MS FFB2 which is really the best force feedback joystick.

Edited by OBT-Mikmak

Has the issue been resolved with Saitek Cyborg Evo Force sticks?

Is this a general issue like NONE of these sticks work with the sim?

I'm bidding on one of these on ebay but now I'm not so sure I want to win.

Has the issue been resolved with Saitek Cyborg Evo Force sticks?

Is this a general issue like NONE of these sticks work with the sim?

I'm bidding on one of these on ebay but now I'm not so sure I want to win.

I think it is still an issue, as I still cant get my Saitek Cyborg Evo FF joystick to work with this sim; it works very well for DCS and CloD though.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Do you happen to know if the issue affects ALL sticks of this kind without exception?

MSFF2 seems to be OK.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Is there any update, or development plan about Saitek cyborg evo force(or other FF sticks) - x64 win 8/10. ?

Other(new) sims working, so iam wondering why IL2 no.

DCS,CoD,Prepar...

DCS has it fixed on its way:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180624

Look at the 'DCS 1.5.6.1938 Update 2017-02-10', 'DCS World'.

There is a line stating:
'Force Feedback can be enabled for Saitek Cyborg Evo Force joystick (need to add ‘input.blacklist_ffb = false’ line into \Saved Games\DCS\autoexec.cfg file).'