Requiem

Labeled Lagg-3 Cockpit

Excellent job Requiem and very useful. I was attempting the same thing myself but you beat me to it :) . However, I've included a shot showing the four switches above the lighting adjustment knobs missed from your images.

il2-2013-11-21-18-00-50-24.jpg

I also used Google Translator but I'm not sure what Ano is supposed to be (maybe an abbreviation). I'm also not sure of the "Reset Bombs" one. That's how it comes out in the translator but it might actually mean Bomb selector? Anyway I hope it helps  :salute:

Thanks Rivet. Those were ones which didn't make much sense to me either, especially that bomb one. I agree its related to bombs, possibly to detonation timing on impact or something, but I don't know. It would be nice to have a native speaker to verify this sort of stuff. I'll amend the images and leave them at their original high resolution.

Edited by SYN_Requiem

Thanks Rivet. Those were ones which didn't make much sense to me either, especially that bomb one. I agree its related to bombs, possibly to detonation timing on impact or something, but I don't know. It would be nice to have a native speaker to verify this sort of stuff. I'll amend the images and leave them at their original high resolution.

I agree. It would be good to have verification/corrections from a native speaker. Google translator is damn good but I wouldn't trust it 100%

However, I've included a shot showing the four switches above the lighting adjustment knobs missed from your images.

I also used Google Translator but I'm not sure what Ano is supposed to be (maybe an abbreviation).

Me neither don't know what 'AHO' stands for but I found a Russian abbreviations dictionary and combined with Google Translator I came to this result:

AHO  - аэронавигационное обслуживание = Air Navigation Services

(In a way it makes sense as the switch is in between 'Code' and 'Radio'.)

AHO seem to have several meanings but the above option comes closest to aviation related matters.

Source: http://www.sokr.ru/%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE/

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the Air Nav services abbreviation Ufflake, that seems to make sense. I'll amend it tomorrow.

No worries Marcomies, I'll make one in the same style for the Bf 109 tomorrow. I expect it will be easier as many people know a lot more about the 109 in general.

• Upvote 1

Just one little note on the oil temperature gauge: this is the outgoing temperature for the oil as it "leaves" the engine. Some Russian planes (such as the Il-2) have separate oil temperature gauges for incoming oil temperature and outgoing oil temperature.

Just one little note on the oil temperature gauge: this is the outgoing temperature for the oil as it "leaves" the engine. Some Russian planes (such as the Il-2) have separate oil temperature gauges for incoming oil temperature and outgoing oil temperature.

Fixed, cheers :)

Oh, as for the bomb arming panel, I believe that is actually the rocket arming panel. This is the same instrument in the Il-2 pilot's manual. The two boxes are translated as "ESBR-3P Missiles" (the one on the left) and "ESBR-3P Bombs" (the one on the right). 

post-549-0-31450700-1392020707_thumb.jpg

And here's the link to the entire Il-2 manual. There are a ton of great cockpit images in the manual. Also, if you need help inputting Russian text for translation, www.http://translit.ru/ works really well. 

https://db.tt/nAxAo7b2

• Upvote 1

Cheers Luke, I already have that English translated IL-2 manual. Fixed that rocket panel on the LaGG cockpit guide too, thanks.

Edited by SYN_Requiem

Cheers Luke, I already have that English translated IL-2 manual. Fixed that rocket panel on the LaGG cockpit guide too, thanks.

Sure thing!