[DBS]airdoc

Friday Night Bomber Flights : A Cinematic Trailer

Hi all,

This is a promo trailer for FNBFs :

I tried to maintain a balance between allies and axis and portrayed almost every aircraft that is currently in BOS/BOM. After all, this is what's going on in the event.

The skins used are mostly the ones created for FNBFs by Gielow and Peterla, as posted in the relevant threads. BF-110 Skins by 6./ZG26_Asgar and Panzerbar. There are some instances of other skins that I 've downloaded from the forums, but I 've lost track of the creators. If you see your work in the video send me a PM.

I 'd like to thank 1.Java_Pod, [DBS]Prody, [DBS]El_Marta, JG26_5Tuka, II./JG77_Manu, 71st_AH_Jordan and Peterla for sending me their tracks and all the skin creators.

Also, a big thanks to Tx_Tip, who is tirelessly putting all this work to keep the event going for so long, and to my squadron, DBS, for supporting me in making this promo.

The sounds used are in most cases authentic, corresponding to the aircraft shown.

Turn up the volume and thumb up the video on YT if you liked it. Post a comment on the channel and feel free to share, it helps a lot. This took a lot of work!

cheers

Edited by [DBS]airdoc
  • Upvote 9

amazing trailer! It looks really great  :salute:  nice to see that our JG 3 110 skins made it in as well  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Great clip. I love the last 30 sec when the hell dive from above.

• Upvote 1

Don't claim to know much about videos, but to my simple eye this is nothing short of OUTSTANDING, Airdoc.  Suspect the Devs & Jason are going to love it, since it definitely showcases some of the detail in the game really well.   What an awesome promotion for the event, too.  Super impressed.  :good:

• Upvote 3

Very nice vid! :salute:

By the way it's a detail but stuka pilots NEVER dived inverted in real life, they just pushed the stick away from them, that stuff only happened in hollywood movies. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hauggy
  • Upvote 1

This is outstanding, very well made in terms of action. 

Very nice vid! :salute:

By the way it's a detail but stuka pilots NEVER dived inverted in real life, they just pushed the stick away from them, that stuff only happened in hollywood movies. :rolleyes:

Well you cans see them doing sth similar in Wochenschau clips even though the majority might indeed have used the push method. Ingame it's very difficult however due to the small size of the floor window, which limits the target vision in level flight. It's easier to roll to one side and nose dive down on your target.

As this is a game trailer only, I don't think this is of any importance anyway.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 1

This is outstanding, very well made in terms of action. 

Well you cans see them doing sth similar in Wochenschau clips even though the majority might indeed have used the push method. Ingame it's very difficult however due to the small size of the floor window, which limits the target vision in level flight. It's easier to roll to one side and nose dive down on your target.

As this is a game trailer only, I don't think this is of any importance anyway.

Alright then. :)

Anyway like I said I thought it was a detail.

• Upvote 1

Wow, what a great trailer!

It is not only a very good promotion for FNBF, but for the itself game too.

Very well done, Airdoc!

• Upvote 1

A really great video, the best trailor for this game I ever saw. I think I should try to join you somewhen in the next time. What I find also very impressing is the amount of AAA when the Heinkels attack, looks really nice.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. This took a lot more work than anticipated. Sony Vegas (or was it my PC) couldn't handle the large file size and number of clips as the trailer was nearing completion, and kept crashing when I was adding the effects. Unfortunately YT muffled the explosion sound at the end for some reason. :angry:

@Yogiflight : yep, the AAA is so dense, that it almost drove my PC to a slide show. I had to shoot the initial flak scene with only one aircraft in order to get acceptable fps.

@Hauggy : Although Stukas usually did not usually dive inverted, they sometimes used this method, as 5Tuka mentioned. But as you noticed, it looks better :)

@LuseKofte : thanks!

@Asgar : do you know the name of the JG3 BF110 skin creator?

Feel free to share, and comment at YT. It helps.

Edited by [DBS]airdoc

The rollover mostly was used in propaganda , but it was used occasionally like a morale boost to troops below. Stuka tactics was to fly toward the target slightly to one of the sides so they could see it on the side of the nose, then turn directly towards it. When it appeared in the floor window they applied the dive break. And the plane dived brutally down ward. They preset the drop altitude, and in memory the absolute lowest was 500 meters but usually 700 meters. At this altitude the bombs would drop and the plane automatically recovered. The G forses in start (negative) made the pilots eyes red. and the positive G in the end could cause loss of conscious. The Stuka pilots was constantly red eyed because of the negative G and was known for this fact. I agree sometimes in this sim it is easier to pass the target and then flip the plane sideways. But it was considered less effective since you could get confused of directions and had to apply the dive brakes after the flip

• Upvote 2

@Asgar : do you know the name of the JG3 BF110 skin creator?

that would be me, but there is no need to credit me. i just made them so people know who shot them down during FNBF  ;)

edit: the nose art was kindly supplied by Panzerbar

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Upvote 1

While we're at it, I see my Heinkel (the one with the white lightning bolt) getting beautyfully desintegrated by storm of shrapnell at 3:49. Can't imagine how difficult it was to keep such a tight formation given the high FPS loss at even 5 aircraft flying in formation, not to mention while flying threw the storm of Flak clouds.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka