Pilots!

Unfortunately, we should move the start of the InWar Tournament to the next weekend. Provider where InWar server is hosted has a problem with Internet and till now it hasn't been solved yet.

So we'll start InWar next Friday, 22.04.16

Pilots who will take a part in InWar!

Please come 30 min before the start to get a briefing and individual tasks from the side commander.

S!

Blue side is already have a Commanding officer and plan for both night and day missions.

Wasps are ready to sting :)

• Upvote 1

Yeah, so where do the Reds (VVS) meet?

TeamSpeak ts.axeman.su, channel Interactive War->USSR. 19:30 CentralEuropeanTime (30 min before the start)

A brief report about the first round of the Event.

Active battles in the air and on the ground took place at night, and the daytime. The result of high-intensity combat action is the high consumption of resources on both sides. Such intensity of the fighting in the next week or two will lead to a forced stop offensive operations of both sides due to the depletion of resources.

At the moment, the blue team managed (with a great effort) to break through the enemy defenses in the С sector and grab a soviet strong point in Abganerovo despite attempts by the red team to gather a group of their tanks. The group was cut off by the strike of German tanks, surrounded and destroyed.

I would like to thank the participants, commanders and their assistants. I hope that the battle was interesting.

The next event will be the 13th, 14th of May.

Edited by =J13=xarann
  • Upvote 3

Ok, so my first attempt at doing this event was met with a strong language barrier, is there anyway that the English speakers can form a flight and get objectives given to them by the overall CMDR, but us be allowed to handle our own planning, etc...?

Without Lucas it was tough for the translation. We did get an interpreter but only for one mission then we were clueless. Got yelled at when we attempted to fly a second Pe-2 mission, but we received no further instructions on what to do, so we called it a day and left.

There was some confusion on the Axis side as well even if Panzerbar did a great job as both commander and translator. Liaison between our ground attack wing and the Russian speaking fighter wing was difficult when things got heated up and quick calls had to be made. And at the end of the session someone jumped into the rear gunner position of our 110's and blew our tails off. We were under the impression that we should fly a last attack run but they thought there wasn't enough time. Communication between planes taking off and planes landing was also difficult and nearly resulted in collisions on a few occasions.

There are no hard feelings from our non-russian speaking point of view and I hope the russian speaking pilots feel the same way. But it was a bit confusing and frustrating at times.

Edited by 1./ZG1_ElHadji

No problem p3zman, I'll be there for the next day flight then. If the Normandie and 151 Wing pilots did it we can do it too :)

Lucas - we need to find one more liason officer for english-speakers, if You may miss some missions.

If there will be more pilots - mission could be twice a week and with more pilots - not max.40 as now, but max.60 for example.

If it will be enough RED pilots this week, there will be a missions on this friday and saturday. Many russian-speaking red pilots will be out because we have may holidays. For blue side, II./JG51 and 1./ZG1 are ready to fly.

• Upvote 1

of course the best option is when we have a self-sufficient flight squadron consisting of some ground attack aircrafts with their cover, all pilots of which speaking the same language.  In this case the commander have a simple (in terms of English language skills) task - just give them a short order -  for example: "fly to point A and destroy all enemy units there" - and just wait for a report after that. All by scheme "task->status report->new task... etc"

Got yelled at when we attempted to fly a second Pe-2 mission, but we received no further instructions on what to do, so we called it a day and left.

In this campaign the planes costs some resources, and if you take one before receiving any instructions...Maybe this happens just because the commander did not manage to set any new objectives for you?

In any case, dont take it close to your heart. Some courage needed to be in one team with foreigners and we invite you to participate again. :salute:

Edited by =J13=xarann

Lucas - we need to find one more liason officer for english-speakers, if You may miss some missions.

If there will be more pilots - mission could be twice a week and with more pilots - not max.40 as now, but max.60 for example.

If it will be enough RED pilots this week, there will be a missions on this friday and saturday. Many russian-speaking red pilots will be out because we have may holidays. For blue side, II./JG51 and 1./ZG1 are ready to fly.

Friday night flights are hard because 55 IAP is always on FNBF, but I can see who speaks a little bit of Russian. I know a person or two who understand Russian, but I don't know to what extent they can reply or ask a question for example. It would be good if the main commanders are bilingual to a basic level in any two languages. Russian, French, German, Spanish, English... There's always somebody who speaks any two of them. For times when an EN-RU liason officer is not present I would suggest that the commanders and crews write messages on the game chat system whenever something isn't clear, since it's easier to read and reply for both sides.

It would be our pleasure to hit the enemy hard on the first mission right after 9th May.

It does seem like some protocol is needed to prevent misunderstandings. Example:

Situation Briefing (Commander to all) > Mission Briefing (Commander to squadron/flight) > Mission Planning (Flight leader to flight) > Reporting Plan (Flight leader to commander) > Authorisation (Commander to flight) > Flight > Landing > Reporting Result (Flight leader to commander)

This example is overcomplicated, but just requesting authorisation before a flight and requesting orders when none are present would be good. There will also be times when keeping the aircraft on the ground is better than wasting them in flight, so the commander might deny permission.

• Upvote 1

Friday night flights are hard because 55 IAP is always on FNBF, 

Stalingrad is in danger, tovarisch! At the time, when german tanks captured one more town near to the sity of Stalin, and soon will see the mother-Volga, You are flying on a secondary front? Court-martial! Tovarisch Beria, take him to Your underground!

• Upvote 2

Did Isaev send you here? :biggrin:

Due to frontline requirements the regiment's pilots have had to go through accelerated training, and are not qualified for night flying yet. 1 AE is down to four pilots and four aircraft. But worry not, my friend. There is no land behind the Volga, and when the sun is out we will give you a good reveille ;)

of course the best option is when we have a self-sufficient flight squadron consisting of some ground attack aircrafts with their cover, all pilots of which speaking the same language. In this case the commander have a simple (in terms of English language skills) task - just give them a short order - for example: "fly to point A and destroy all enemy units there" - and just wait for a report after that. All by scheme "task->status report->new task... etc"

In this campaign the planes costs some resources, and if you take one before receiving any instructions...Maybe this happens just because the commander did not manage to set any new objectives for you?

In any case, dont take it close to your heart. Some courage needed to be in one team with foreigners and we invite you to participate again. :salute:

We would love to try again next week. We understand that it is the first week and things will only get better, so no hard feelings. We didn't want to ruin the resources for our side so we disconnected so that we could all figure this stuff out for next weeks event eight here on this forum.

We decided to hold the Event in the coming weekend (assuming that there will be enough participants).

Note that the start time has changed the Saturday event.
29 April 22:00 - 24:00 MSK(UTC+3) night mission, 30 April 21:00-24: 00 MSK(UTC+3) - day mission.

Registration

Edited by =J13=xarann

Hey InWar organizers,

Just to let you know, I believe this event overlaps with both FNBF and SNBF this week. I'm not sure if you care, but it might be worth coordinating with the other organizers to prevents overlaps and maximize participation. I'm not sure how much overlap there is, but for instance, I don't think I can participate in InWar this weekend because I'll be flying FNBF and SNBF. 

Just a suggestion!  :)

FNBF will start at exactly the SAME time (22.00 MSK)..

:/

Friday: Possible to move IN WAR forward 2.5 hours (beginning 19.30 MSK to 21:30 MSK) or backwards about 3 hours (beginning 1.00 MSK to 3.00 MSK)?

Saturday: SNBF starts at 23.00 MSK, would it be possible to start IN WAR at 20.00 MSK (till 23.00 MSK) or even earlier?

cheers

Jordan

Edited by 71st_AH_Jordan

We decided to hold the Event in the coming weekend (assuming that there will be enough participants).

Note that the start time has changed the Saturday event.

29 April 22:00 - 24:00 MSK(UTC+3) night mission, 30 April 21:00-24: 00 MSK(UTC+3) - day mission.

Registration

MSK is UTC+2 now!

Western European Time, Greenwich Mean Time (UTC 00:00) Western European Summer Time (UTC+01:00)
Central European Time (UTC+01:00) Central European Summer Time (UTC+02:00)
Eastern European Time (UTC+02:00) Eastern European Summer Time (UTC+03:00)

In July 2014, the State Duma passed a bill putting Moscow Time on permanent UTC+3

Edited by =J13=xarann

According time and date site, local time Now:

Moskow - 00:05

Helsinki, Kiev - 00:05

Berlin - 23:05

London, Lisbon - 22:05

It is because of DST (daylight saving time)

Moscow without a DST has permanent UTC +3 and 00:05

Helsinki with a DST has UTC +3 and  00:05

Berlin with a DST has UTC+2 and  23:05

London with a DST has UTC+1 and 22:05

Attention!

Due to the low activity of the participants, 29 and 30 April round of InWar is transferred to the 13 and 14 May, as planned earlier.

The next round of the InWar will be
May 13  22:00 - 24:00 MSK (UTC +3)
May 14  21:00 - 24:00 MSK (UTC +3)

Registration table

Game Rules

P.S. A small teaser - couple of screenshots from InWar site (WIP) as examples of pilot's personal page with historical awards and titles

post-10097-0-23214400-1461931245_thumb.jpgpost-10097-0-25272000-1461931246_thumb.jpg

Edited by =J13=xarann

Four Finnish LLv32 Squad's pilots are coming on next saturdday with Ju 88. Rules read and understood. Any special orders to us? :)

Edited by LLv32_Kanttori

Kanttori - I think it will be a briefing in mid-week, possibly Wednesday evening.

Fighter commander (II./JG51Adelmann), Zerstorer commander (me or Don_Quijote), assault kommander DED-DimaDog, and Bomber kommander (You) must have a conversation.

Kanttori - I think it will be a briefing in mid-week, possibly Wednesday evening.

Fighter commander (II./JG51Adelmann), Zerstorer commander (me or Don_Quijote), assault kommander DED-DimaDog, and Bomber kommander (You) must have a conversation.

Ok, thank you. Is it in the Team Speak or can we use written english with the briefing? My spoken english is not very good but I can read and write it good! :)

And is this your IN WAR Multiplayer server: Official BoS server (8.3.5.133:9407)?

And is this your IN WAR Multiplayer server: Official BoS server (8.3.5.133:9407)?

This is official BoS TeamSpeak server, not a game server

Results fights August 29, 1942.

Stage 1st, General HQ reports:

"August 29, 1942, through night and day there were active fighting in the air and on the ground. High intensity battles naturally led to increased consumption of resources on both sides. This intense of fighting for the next week or two will result in the forced stop attacks to a halt because of lack of resourses.. .

At the moment, blue side, for a cost of lot of effort, was able to push through the enemy defenses in the sector and captured a foothold in Abganerovo, even though the Reds attempt to collect there the shock tank group: the group was cut out and destroyed by concentrate air attacks and ground fire."

Score in the series:  2:0 in favor of the blue.

The losses of the fighting period, exceeded the most pessimistic forecasts.

Only the restoration of materiel was spent:

Red Army Air Force - 42 points of resources.

Luftwaffe - 57 points of resources.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I broke my Heinkel because I used to much brakes when taxiing... I am not familiar with Heinkel because I fly mostly the Ju 88. Also Untamo's Espionace Heinkel crashed after take off, because that arfield was totally dark with ANY camp fires. Check that airfield because it must be a bug, please!

One of our Finnish pilot LLv44_Erholts did his job good with the 
Transport Heinkel. I join to his plane (after breaking my plane) and helped him navigate to the Kumovka airfield. We also flew his Heinkel back to the Morozovskiy Southern airfield. Damixu tried to take the third Transport Heinkel, but it was NOT available, so maybe it is a bug, too?

I hope that on Saturday day bombing we are much more better with our familiar Junkers Ju 88 bombers. So don't execute us yet in the morning, please! :( 

It went much more better on Saturday evening and we Finns enjoyed missions very much, thank you everybody!

I crashed my first Junkers during landing and second one when taking of... now I really need to practice it. The first bombing target with the Ju 88 was a "Strike point A" (Trudovoy Poselok town). We didn't noticed any hangars or tanks there, because we level bombing it from high level, so no hits.

After that we took of with the Stukas and those two missions were much more better, no plane crashes. I destroyed one T-34 tank on the "1st Defence Line". Arttuprkl is a new Finnish IL-2 pilot and he lost his control to his Stuka over the enemy "Warehouses" target in second Stuka mission. He promised to practice more with it! :)

We are coming on next Friday and Saturday, too, and I try to get more Finnish bomber pilots with us. Is it possible to have a written briefing and target maps to bombers in good time before missions?  Thank you, this is a great co-op WAR! :)

Edited by LLv32_Kanttori