Game setup and settings FAQ

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zak

Zak
  • Community manager

Posted 18 November 2013 - 14:10

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

1) I can't login to the game! What's wrong?
2) Can I choose any convenient directory?
3) Can I make a copy of the game folder and move it to another PC?
4) Can I run the game on different PCs? Can I be logged into my account on different machines at the same time?
5) What if launcher does not update the game?
6) The game doesn't start, the application shuts down and a warning error message appears. What can be done here?
7) What should I do if I ran into this error: "#10039. This map is not awailable to your account."?
8) What ports does the game need to be open?
9) The game doesn't run smoothly on my laptop, can something be done with it?
10) I have a SLI/Crossfire system in my PC but it does not seem to improve performance.
11) I've a problem with New View. What do I do?
12) Can I change my game nickname? What should I do if my forum name has already been taken?
13) Game crashes to desktop all the time, what's wrong?
14) I can take off, the plane (LaGG-3) can't gain enough speed
15) I've bought a premium plane but i cannot use it in the game, what should I do?
16) Why can't I fire my machine-guns when parked on the airfield with engine off?
17) How do I switch off motion blur?
18) How do I open the port hole on Ju 87?
19) How to shoot from the gunner's machinegun?
20) When the game is loading, a black screen appears and nothing happens after it. How do I proceed?
21) Does the game feature triple screen compatibility?
22) How to reorder game controllers.

1) I can't login to the game! What's wrong?
Don't forget to login to your profile at il2sturmovik.com and make sure that your game key has been activated for your account.

2) Can I choose any convenient directory?
Yes, you can install the game anywhere you want on your hard drive.

3) Can I make a copy of the game folder and move it to another PC?
Yes, it can be done. After the game is installed:
- copy the entire IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad folder and paste it where you want it
- install all necessary 3rd party software from ...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\updater\3rd_party\
- start the game using ...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\
Il-2.exe, or Launcher.exe files

4) Can I run the game on different PCs? Can I be logged into my account on different machines at the same time?
You can play the game with your account on any available PC. But it is not allowed to login to one account from multiple PCs.

5) What if launcher does not update the game?
Note that server is online for 72 hours per week only, from Friday to Monday (Moscow time). Please, make sure that you’re trying to login within the marked period.

6) The game doesn't start, the application shuts down and a warning error message appears. What can be done here?
You need to launch the game as Administrator. Click with the RMB on IL-2.exe (...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe), enter the menu and choose to run it as Admin.

7) What should I do if I ran into this error: "#10039. This map is not awailable to your account."?
You need to wait for 3 hours after game activation before logging in and playing it.

8) What ports does the game need to be open?
Authorization requires ports 80 and 443. Multiplayer mode uses TCP – 28000, UDP – 28000, Downloader Port (TCP) – 28100.

9) The game doesn't run smoothly on my laptop, can something be done with it?
When launched by default the game runs on an integrated video adapter which is almost always not enough for the game. Please, open your graphic card driver settings and make sure that Il-2.exe will always run on this card, not on your integrated adapter.

10) I have a SLI/Crossfire system in my PC but it does not seem to improve performance.
SLI and Crossfire are temporarily disabled in the game. Also they must be turned off in the driver settings before playing.

11) I've a problem with New View. What do I do?
This program is not compatible with the IL-2BOS, rename the folder with New View (for example New View1).

12) Can I change my game nickname? What should I do if my forum name has already been taken?
Yes, you've to change your nickname here https://il2sturmovik.com/account/.

13) Game crashes to desktop all the time, what's wrong?
Find the catalog where the game is installed, enter the folder properties and remove the tick from Read Only field.

14) I can take off, the plane (LaGG-3) can't gain enough speed
When you start the engine set it to maximum revs (2700). By default the propeller pitch control is bound to RShift (increase: "RShift +"; decrease: "RShift -")

15) I've bought a premium plane but i cannot use it in the game, what should I do?
Remember to activate your key in your profile at il2sturmovik.com/account

16) Why can't I fire my machine-guns when parked on the airfield with engine off?
Machine-guns installed under the cowl panel would not work until you start the engine because they are bound to the synchronizer.

17) How do I switch off motion blur?
Go to Settings -> Camera and remove the tick from Cinematic feature

18) How do I open the port hole on Ju 87?
"Bomb bay doors toggle" is the function that opens the port hole, by default it's bound to LCtrl+N

19) How to shoot from the gunner's machinegun?
To shoot as the gunner: switch to a next free plane combat post using LCtrl+C, close the canopy with RAlt+C, reload the gun with R, man the gun (turret: take control) with T and then open fire. If you need to aim down the sight press LShift+T.

20) When the game is loading, a black screen appears and nothing happens after it. How do I proceed?
Go to the following directory ...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\input and delete all files that have current.* in the filename. Do not forget to create a back up copy of those files in a different folder. And then launch the game again.

21) Does the game feature triple screen compatibility?
No, it doesn't

22) How to reorder game controllers?

The Il-2 game detects game controllers in the order how system puts them. To quickly see it press keys Win + R and enter a command:
control /name Microsoft.GameControllers

Il-2 starts numbering a game contollers with zero. See screenshot for example:

Game_controllers.jpg Config_files.jpg

G13 Joystick get a "joy0" and, correspondingly, all default game control options put on it.
If you want to assign all default options to a second game controller ("Racing Wheel"), do this way:

1) Quit the game;
2) Open folder like "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\input";
3) Copy in safe place that files: current.actions and current.map
4) Use text editor replace all fragments "joy0" by "joy1" in original files you copy before;
5) Start the game;
6) Assign required events for first "joy0" device (in example G13 Joystick)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users