Sign in to follow this  
EAF19_Swoop

Armchair Generals - need not apply?

Talking with some of our ROF flyers, they are worried that we won't be getting any online ground war campaigns with BoS in the future? SEOW and Bellum wars etc are to many the reason why many still fly online with IL2 now, is this possible with the BoS/ROF Nature engine?

• Upvote 1

69GIAP has built a SEOW type system for RoF.  I hope they will port it to BoS.  As I have said before if they need a hand, they need just ask at Storm of War.  :salute:

boswar.gif

The system has been designed from the beginning to be compatible with both Rise Of Flight and Battle of Stalingrad.

From the point where the Stalingrad mission editor is released we will have to populate the map and locations tables with the new map(s), update vehicles, aircraft, bridges etc. tables with the new model names, edit some popdowns on certain screens and then we are in business.

Currently I am Alpha testing while Myata grafts on the user interface. Tushka is simplifying the planning loop then needs to update stats with the new points system.

The Beta test server was set up this weekend. We might be ready to start Beta test of the planning loop in 1 to 2 weeks.

Here is a first rush of Campaign creation (all the debug switched on but you will get the idea).rofwar.gif

Edited by =69.GIAP=STENKA69GIAP
  • Upvote 4

The stats parser has been working in our campaigns for more than 2 years now.

The planning motor using Rise Of Flight is completely new and in Alpha now and as I said I'm preparing to put Campaign generation in Beta.

Integration to Battle of Stalingrad can't be done until we get our hands on the BOS version of the mission editor with the actual map(s) and that's not till

Q1 2014 according to the 777 roadmap.

Beta test starts 1st December, I'm currently writing the test guide.

A new Beta test forum is open on www.69giap.com website.

Phase 1 testing is campaign creation.

This section needs experienced mission editor users.

Phase 2 testing is mission planning, which requires little mission building expertise and starts 15/12/12.

Stenka, I can't wait to try ROF War and Bos War out, boss. Thanks to you and all the other guys putting the hours in for the benefit of the entire community.   :salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA
  • Upvote 1

The BOS ME will be very similar to the ROF ME as far as ability, features and layout, but to the layman it will look the same. However, to the power user there are going to be differences in some aspects of objects, nomenclature and logic etc. Some of this is already visible when you start picking about our current missions we have provided you as Vander has noticed. This was inevitable due to the addition of more advanced features like radio comms for airbases etc.

This isn't my area of expertise, but I'll make sure when the time is right for power users like Vander, Stenka and others to understand the differences so you can adopt your systems. All I am really trying to do is give you a heads up that it won't be exactly the same in every respect to ROF ME.

I don't have any additional details right now, but I'll keep in touch on the subject as I learn more details myself.

Jason