72AG-DED- Random Expert +

• Please log in to reply
1643 replies to this topic

#1 II./JG51Steinhoff

II./JG51Steinhoff
  • Founder

Posted 04 January 2016 - 16:55

Information about the server:

COMRADES!We are happy to present our new mutual 72nd AirGroup's and -DED- Regiment's - project

RANDOM EXPERT+ ('Project: The Second Advent') server 

Main features:

• Online-campaign with a dynamic front line (generated according to the results of the played missions).
  • Statistics' site reflecting the current situation on the server.
  • Personal and squad's plane garages.
  • 'Combat actions' going on on the whole map area.
  • Random targets positions making every mission unique (in addition to the moving front line).
  • Multitude of weather conditions as well as changing seasons in missions.
  • Registration is available but not required.

• 1. Main principles. Victory conditions. 
    The battle on the server is going on on the "Il-2: Battle of Moscow". 
    There are a number of 'Key Positions' on the map. Capturing them is the objective of a mission and moves the front line: moscow_graph_unpainted_small.png

Every mission lasts 2 hours. 
    The final objective of the campaign is to 'change the color' of 80% of the map. 

2. Movement of the front line. 
    The campaign begins from a 'starting position' dividing the map among the two parties equally (more or less): g.jpg

Round map icons either with a cross or a star are the Key Positions (KP). 
    In every single mission only four of the KPs are active – two per side. The active KPs are the objectives that must be captured in order to move the front line. Active KPs are signified by the icons with a 'flame' sign on top of them. 
    To capture a KP you need to destroy targets that the mission generator randomly places in the 30-40 km area around the KP in question. 
    Captured KP's change color at the end of the mission and the front line moves to reflect the new situation. The generator randomly activates four KPs as the new objectives, thus KPs can 'change hands' many times in the course of subsequent missions. 

3. Key Positions capture conditions. 
    To capture a KP four of the five KP's available targets must be destroyed: 
    1. KP's warehouse – you must destroy about 100 units by the in-game statistics that you can see pressing 'Tab' button in game. 
    2. Artillery positions – 13 units must be destroyed. 
    3 and 4. Two truck columns of 8 vehicles each – they must be completely destroyed. 
    5. One of the enemy's airfields must be destroyed (see below). 

All the targets are marked on the map and positioned in the 30-40 km area around the KP in question. 
    Airfields: They are marked with a square map icon with a tower and a plane on it. he two KP's airfields are chosen randomly amongst the closest to the KP airfields and with the respect to the front line position at the moment. 
    You can 'close' the airfield for the operations from it for 40 minutes by destroying its buildings and static vehicles and planes on it (approximately 80 units by the in-game statistics). 
    You need to close the airfield just once for it to be counted towards the KP capture even if the airfield re-opens later in the mission. 

4. Plane garages. 
    Our project integrates the statistics project by =FB=Vaal and =FB=Isay, so when you join a squad on the server's statistics' site (we are not going into details on how to do it) you immediately gain access to the squad's garage of planes, which functions as following: all squad's pilots' garages are joined and their planes are added into the squad garage, the maximum available number of planes for the pilot increasing proportionally to the number of pilots in the squad. When leaving the squad the pilot leaves all his planes in the squad's garage. 

For a singleton pilot the garage works this way: the initial number of planes in the garage is three, maximum number is five. 

To increase the number of planes available in the pilot's garage (or squad's garage) you just need to transfer any disarmed plane from one friendly airfield to another. 
    You do not need to choose any specific plane for the transfer. The server automaticaly determines if you have the plane disarmed and counts it as a supply plane. When you spawn in a disarmed plane on an airfield you will get the following message in the game's chat: 
    "<nickname>, Your planes: x. To complete supply mission - drive plane to another active airfield")
    Each supply plane safely transferred gives you one more plane available in the garage. 

Another way to add planes to the garage is to earn supply points and battle points , whitch you get for either transferring planes (the former) or by destroying enemy vehicles and planes or buildings (the latter). The new feature here is that the battle points you get during a flight are either converted 1:1 to supply points if you land safely or divided by a certain number (from 2 to 20) first depending on the severity of the damage you and your plane have suffered as the result of the flight. The price of one plane in the garage is 500 supply points. The points you earn are spent to 'buy' planes automaticaly even if you reached the maximum number of planes in the garage, in this case the points are accumulated up to a price of 1 plane (500) and then lost. That is if you have 5 planes in the garage and you earn 550 points as a result of a flight, then 500 points are lost, you still have the same 5 planes and 50 points left to add to your future results. 
    Auto-replenishment: if your garage is empty, then you get one plane for free after six hours have passed since your last flight. 

Server chat messages: the server informs you personally through the in-game chat on the current status of the garage and your 'current points account': 
    "<nickname>, Your planes: x. Supply points: y. Battle points: z." 
    The messages are sent with at least 30 seconds interval. To get a message you need to spawn on an airfield, take off or cause damage. You no longer need to send service messages to the server as all the processes are automated. The messages are not sent while you are in the mission briefing. 

If spawn when you have no planes left in the garage, you will get the following message:
    "<nickname!> Take off not allowed! Complete supply mission to replenish.", if you choose to ignore this message, you will be kicked from the server right after you have taken off. 

We are thankful to:
  • The developers - for providing us with tools and devoted assistance.
  • Edsger Wybe Dijkstra - for the algorithm of finding a shortest path on a graph with non-negative edges' weights.
  • To the author of this public work - for the excellent description.
  • Comrade xedoc - for the developments on RConClient interaction.
  • Comrade Yonen - for the server logo and help with the design.
  • Comrade 72AG_terror - for this translation ;)

• The team: 
    72AG 
    -DED- 
    Have fun and fly safe!

Attached Files

Edited by -DED-Rapidus, 17 October 2016 - 04:32.

#2 NNFFLTemeraire

NNFFLTemeraire
  • Founder

Posted 04 January 2016 - 18:08

Good server ! bravo ! :salute:

#3 URUAker

URUAker
  • Founder

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:39

Great!

#4 12.OIAE_Snake9

12.OIAE_Snake9
  • Founder

Posted 04 January 2016 - 23:21

Love the server. One suggestion would be to add the wispy clouds up high instead of that solid deep blue. It adds some contrast against the sky so one can keep track of contacts. With nothing but that deep blue it's very hard to track a plane in a dogfight. Not a big complaint. Love the whole realistic feel. Makes wings feel like a arcade server.

Trim still not on axis . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Still? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Really?

#5 Ala13_Super6_1

Ala13_Super6_1
  • Founder

Posted 05 January 2016 - 00:54

Love the server, It is the server that all lovers of the simulation were waiting. :good:

Edited by A0Super61, 05 January 2016 - 14:04.

352q5xy.gif

#6 I./JG1_Deschain

I./JG1_Deschain

Posted 05 January 2016 - 13:40

Love the server. One suggestion would be to add the wispy clouds up high instead of that solid deep blue. It adds some contrast against the sky so one can keep track of contacts. With nothing but that deep blue it's very hard to track a plane in a dogfight. Not a big complaint. Love the whole realistic feel. Makes wings feel like a arcade server.

wings is arcade server :D 

gr_sl_II.pngplanka_blue.png

#7 216th_Pinko

216th_Pinko

Posted 05 January 2016 - 19:14

Just want to say thank you for this server; some really good features making it my preferred one!

Well done, S!

Hangar22_zpsna5rvufs.png

ChiefWH is no more; Long live Pinko!

planka.png

#8 JG5_Schuck

JG5_Schuck
  • Founder

Posted 05 January 2016 - 21:18

Had a great night last night.

Love the settings.........

All we need is the server ability to turn off the icons......... and perfection!

Attached Files

#9 216th_LuseKofte

216th_LuseKofte
  • Founder

Posted 05 January 2016 - 22:25

I am away for 2 and a half week on work, but I am a returning customer of your server. A full real non GPS server , where staying alive is rewarded. Love it. The best of all, I meet only like minded pilots, trying to make an effort for the team. Fantastic, do not ever stop. You keep the BOS dream alive

49efc10c-c436-418c-9fbd-9cffdcfaff3d_zps

#10 coconut

coconut
  • Founder

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:06

Can you direct the chat messages about the number of planes you have left individually, rather than to the entire team? It gets a bit spammy when you get 20 messages about "XXX has 3 planes left"

Do targets "respawn"? I was surprised to see that a bridge that had been destroyed and removed from the map seem to appear again later. Or maybe it was another bridge?

I like that not all targets are known at first, and that you have to do some recon first. However, a potential problem with that is the temptation to go for the targets that you see on the map, namely airfields with spawns. That would encourage vulching. While I understand it's a valid tactic, it might be excessively popular due to how easy it is to find enemy airfields compared to other targets. Maybe we should suggest to the devs to add an option to hide enemy airfields on the map. They could be revealed using translator icons when spotted, similarly to how other targets are revealed.

Great fun otherwise, very good server.

intel core i5 4690K @ 3.5Ghz, nvidia 980ti. Win10 Home

A poll on triple-screen setups: http://forum.il2stur...-screen-setups/ (please participate even if you have one/two screens)

#11 II./JG51Steinhoff

II./JG51Steinhoff
  • Founder

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:07

Can you direct the chat messages about the number of planes you have left individually, rather than to the entire team? It gets a bit spammy when you get 20 messages about "XXX has 3 planes left"

Included Wishlist.

Do targets "respawn"? I was surprised to see that a bridge that had been destroyed and removed from the map seem to appear again later. Or maybe it was another bridge?

Next time please send us a screenshot

Maybe we should suggest to the devs to add an option to hide enemy airfields on the map.

With this question only to Developers.

We are glad that you like our server. 

#12 7-GvShAP/Silas

7-GvShAP/Silas
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:12

Is there any chance of missions taking place at dawn or dusk? Different lighting conditions would be very fun and a nice change of pace!

A full real non GPS server , where staying alive is rewarded. Love it. The best of all, I meet only like minded pilots, trying to make an effort for the team. Fantastic, do not ever stop. You keep the BOS dream alive

Better than I could say myself.  Good work DED!

#13 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 14:17

IMHO this is the best server going! I'm trying to get the rest of my squad flying here.

Edited by SYN_Mike77, 07 January 2016 - 15:35.

Intel i5 6600K (skylake) @4.0ghz, , 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-2800 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB ASRock fatal1ty z170 mobo Windows 10 home

#14 150GCT_Vespa

150GCT_Vespa
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 14:31

I flew in this server some days ago...looks fantastic! I love realism...no GPS aid, markers ...well done!

#15 6./ZG26_Memphis

6./ZG26_Memphis
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 16:06

On the one hand I love this server for its great missions and the pilots flying on it.

On the other hand: The AAA is so damn accurate. I can't imagine a handaimed AAA shooting down a 110 or 190, that's flying over 400 kp/h flying parallel to the flak.

Good server, but could you imagine to reduce the accuracy of the flak? 

#16 II./JG51Steinhoff

II./JG51Steinhoff
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 17:10

Good server, but could you imagine to reduce the accuracy of the flak? 

No, AAA is not reduced accuracy. On this subject have already been discussed in a Russian forum. Map developers consistently have said that will not change the AAA level. 

#17 6./ZG26_Asgar

6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 17:13

bad decision

#18 II./JG51Steinhoff

II./JG51Steinhoff
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 18:38

Update: The statistics show online pilots.

http://1cgsnormal.ru:8080/en/

#19 Gump

Gump

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:07

i really enjoy the concept of this server. pretty fun doing all the stuff.

however, i have some comments that may help fine tune..

1) The plane limitation, specifically the "boot from server" function is not obvious. i didnt know this was how it operated, and was booted several times when 1st started playing this server (i think this might have been why?). without knowing, i saw the message about planes, but wondered how that would apply, or if it was even valid, so i took off in another plane. i though, "hmmm, i was able to get another plane, so somehow the message is a bug, or it applies to something else". i thought the disconnects were just some server bug.

... then, later, i noticed the chat message about being booted, but it appears at strange times. this might have something to do with the great delay of these messages.

... it would be much better if the player was just prevented from getting another plane. i suspect the mission builder doesnt allow this, since it would be the obvious way to do this. but being booted from the server is drastic, and it does not inform you of why you were booted, so the player could not understand. if this is the only way to accomplish the plane limit, the messages need to be much faster and timely, and the player needs to have time to respond if he's already in that forbidden plane.

2) the ">name< you have x planes left" message is extremely delayed.

.... after flying around for a long while, including some action, i found myself (more than once) wondering how many planes i had left. i could actually get in a plane, start, and take off before the message would inform me.

.... once, without seeing any messages, unaware of the "boot" function, i aborted my flight on taxi because i thought i might have run out of planes. i then hopped in a supply plane. then i started seeing the "must fly supply plane" messages and made it all the way into the air to just off the runway, and got booted. it seemed that the game was so delayed that it though i was still in the 'forbidden plane'? even though i had remedied that much earlier. now i see there is a loadout restriction on the supply plane (from this forum) and i cannot recall if i had done something to mess that up. anyways, the messgaes seem to be very delayed (by many minutes) which causes uncertainty and confusion.

3) the recon-for-targets is a splendid idea. however, after playing a few maps, it became clear that there were veterans of the server that knew where these targets are before they appear. for them, there is no "search" - they just know where to fly and, since the icon doesnt appear on the map, even for friendlies, until recon'd, the friendly team is not aware of it being a target until well after the enemy is well positioned to destroy it. in other words, the targets are being "recon'd" by a team of enemies who know right were it is and are prepared to destroy it, but the friendly team doesnt know they are there until the icon appears. a friendly team should always know where their assets are (it is no secret to them). of course, there is no guarantee that cheaters wouldnt switch sides to see the target locations.

.... the pre-knowledge of target locations defeats the purpose of hiding them. the end result may not be much different than just displaying them right away, but may be an indication of where the action is. anyways, good idea but, even though the map resets and the mission starts from zero, people's memories dont get reset.

....now, if these target locations are really generated randomly for each map, then im wrong in my guess as to vets knowing the locations.

4) why can't tanks recon for targets?

5) the tanks seem to be a long ways from anything other than tank targets. is this on purpose? imho, it gets a little boring in a tank with a very limited scope of action. i think im not the only one to think this way, as many times there were no other tankers to worry about. once, just once, i decided to drive a tank to the nearest enemy AF... spent like an hour driving down the roads only to have the mission end just as i was approaching the AF. interestingly , i remember one map where me and another tanker DID invade an airfield - not sure if that went away.

... the tanks are a good addition to the mission. it just seems the tanks dont have enough mission options to make them interesting for very long.

6) the tank mission is unclear. i have seen all the AA/AAA/etc near the town destroyed, and the town entered, but the icon remains. not sure what the mission is supposed to be? is this just a tank battleground? if so, there arent many folks (when im there) in tanks.

... maybe a way to improve this is to put targets behind the tanks so that the enemy can breach the tank lines and get to the target?

... maybe out a chain of defender tank bases along a road, along with targets for enemies?

Edited by Gump, 07 January 2016 - 19:15.

#20 Sokol1

Sokol1
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 20:31

At ~40KM/H on roads and ~20KM/H cross-country - if flat - even in the relative small  "battle square" - 120x80 KM will take a lot of time for the brave Recon Platoon find anything.   :biggrin:

Edited by Sokol1, 07 January 2016 - 20:31.

Q - It is planned or expected to make possible control Ju-52?

A - Unavailable.  Pre-order now!

:acute:

#21 II./JG51Steinhoff

II./JG51Steinhoff
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 20:45

1) The plane limitation
2) the ">name< you have x planes left" message is extremely delayed.

Sorry but sometimes bug can not be displayed properly and may also exclude.

It's not hard to count to 3.

3) the recon-for-targets is a splendid idea.

Target locations are really generated randomly for each map. I have flown a total of 40 hours, and have never seen the same target.

Sorry that would be a very long journey, I know some of my friends traveling to Field storage 2 h , and destroyed it.
To close the field need to destroy all the hangars and fuel drums.

Edited by -DED-Indigo, 07 January 2016 - 21:07.

#22 coconut

coconut
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 21:14

Some issues tonight:

1. I flew with a FW190 with a bomb. Dropped the bomb on target, buildings on fire. No building destroyed reported. I then got killed, plane instantly destroyed in pieces (not sure by what, will check the replay). No one got the kill, and no death was counted for me. Weird.
  2. After mission end, next mission. I pick an airfield, setup my plane, press start. Nothing happens, still on the map. ESC "Are you sure you want to abort mission", Cancel. Spectate button appears, I press it. I get into my plane. I don't want to fly like that though (HUD compass bugged), so I leave the server
  3. I cannot join back. The loading screen goes to 75%, sometimes higher, and I'm back at the server screen. I tried removing the result and result2 mission files under Multiplayer/Dogfights/, restarting the game, no luck.

Probably nothing to do with the map, I suppose it's regular DServer bugs.

intel core i5 4690K @ 3.5Ghz, nvidia 980ti. Win10 Home

A poll on triple-screen setups: http://forum.il2stur...-screen-setups/ (please participate even if you have one/two screens)

#23 4./JG52_Manu653

4./JG52_Manu653
  • Founder

Posted 07 January 2016 - 23:14

Coconut, I've got the HUD compass(need to push spectate) bugged 3-4 times in DED and happen one time in WOL too.  So I think it's come from the new patch like the memory leaking prob.

tiny.jpg

http://simulatedaircombat.enjin.com/home

#24 Gump

Gump

Posted 07 January 2016 - 23:19

... After mission end, next mission. I pick an airfield, setup my plane, press start. Nothing happens, still on the map. ESC "Are you sure you want to abort mission", Cancel. ..

this has happened to me a few times when trying to get into a tank. at least once i know there were other tankers jumping in at the same moment - is there some kind of spawn location conflict?

#25 Gump

Gump

Posted 07 January 2016 - 23:30

Sorry but sometimes bug can not be displayed properly and may also exclude.

It's not hard to count to 3.

Target locations are really generated randomly for each map. I have flown a total of 40 hours, and have never seen the same target.

Sorry that would be a very long journey, I know some of my friends traveling to Field storage 2 h , and destroyed it.
To close the field need to destroy all the hangars and fuel drums.

heh heh... it may not be hard to COUNT to 3, but sometimes it's hard to remember where you are on the countdown, especially if there has been long periods of time, action, and distractions. sure, it sounds like i am >less than intelligent< ;>/ but it does seem to happen, especially on the last plane (where boot consequences will get you for being mistaken). the reminders/chats wouldnt be necessary at all if no one needed them (if we could all count to 3). the chat reminders are just WAY too delayed.

thx, and obviously my mistake about folks knowing where the targets are ahead of time. very good to know. sweet!

tank recon: once there was an enemy artillery that appeared next to the road between the tank bases, but there was a plane that began to attack it too - so what caused the arty to show up, the plane or the tanks? if targets are randomly generated, how does anyone know how far a tank would need to drive to discover one?

#26 II./JG51Steinhoff

II./JG51Steinhoff
  • Founder

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:09

to Coconut.
1) clean map \ 1C Game Studios \ IL-2 STURMOVIK Battle of Stalingrad \ data \ multiplayer \ Dogfight
2) the map \ 1C Game Studios \ IL-2 STURMOVIK Battle of Stalingrad removes read only
Sometimes these steps helps, but before each match made.

#27 12.OIAE_Stick-95

12.OIAE_Stick-95
  • Founder

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:58

Update: The statistics show online pilots.

http://1cgsnormal.ru:8080/en/

Best news of the day.

It's only a game...  It's only a game...  It's only a... damn it.

New system 08/16 - i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, GTX1070SC ACX 3.0 8GB, 16GB DDR4 3000MHz, Windows 10

30284612591_3787866a3c_m.jpg   PACIFIC THEATER  29752931474_6ac9ec5dd3_m.jpg

#28 Ala13_Super6_1

Ala13_Super6_1
  • Founder

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:50

I have found that the Airport Russian AAA's too bad it does not work modeled by shooting but by the 2nd pass an airfield will automatically kills.
Russian should reviewing the AAA.

Edited by A0Super61, 08 January 2016 - 09:53.

352q5xy.gif

#29 II./JG51Steinhoff

II./JG51Steinhoff
  • Founder

Posted 08 January 2016 - 13:35

youtube.com/watch?v=LCpPWLiy83s

Field capture with tank.

Edited by -DED-Indigo, 08 January 2016 - 13:37.

#30 12.OIAE_Stick-95

12.OIAE_Stick-95
  • Founder

Posted 08 January 2016 - 14:03

On the stats page, being able to see who is on-line and which side they are flying is great.  Seeing what kind of plane they are in and how many lives they have, not so great IMO.

New system 08/16 - i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, GTX1070SC ACX 3.0 8GB, 16GB DDR4 3000MHz, Windows 10

#31 I./JG21-HeTzeR

I./JG21-HeTzeR
  • Founder

Posted 08 January 2016 - 15:00

Can you please add Limited Airplanes per Airfield? So that not everyone can fly lets say F4 or Yak

Supply Planes will refill the Amount of each Plane by a specific Number (Pilots life not counted)

Lets say Airfield A has no more BF110s. I can take a Supply BF110 from Airfield B and fly it to Airfield A. Now it has 2 BF110! (or Bf109 He111 etc)

This will greatly improve the gameplay, since it can actually bring the Victory to your team if your side has always enough planes. ( IF you can run out of supply planes, this would be even better)

Think about it :) We would need transporters and people flying transport in the background, needing cover etc. Or your Side will run out of planes soon!

Edited by I./JG21-HeTzeR, 08 January 2016 - 15:02.

#32 -DED-Rapidus

-DED-Rapidus
  • Founder

Posted 08 January 2016 - 15:25

thnks, good idea.

:fly:-DED- Server's Administrator. Russian community. My YouTube channel. planka.png

#33 Gump

Gump

Posted 08 January 2016 - 17:06

i would caution against limiting the amount per type of planes. this seems to be a real area of dissatisfaction with players, and some will leave the server because of it. the idea is to "improve gameplay" but this has actually dropped player count when implemented elswhere.

maybe, instead of making the planes limited as a rule, something like ROF wargrounds could be done: the "airplane factory" is a target that, if destroyed, limits the qty of certain types of planes available. HOWEVER, there is a "crew" (construction convoy protected by aa) that travels down the road to repair a destroyed factory. the crew can be destroyed on the way to the factory, preventing them from repairing it (thus keeping the plane limit active) but, if the crew reaches the factory, they repair it in a little bit of time, and planes become readily available.

the issue with limiting things is, it always has an effect somewhere else that may not be foreseen. for instance, the current limit on number of planes one can take means that a player will likely run out of planes quicker if he does not take the best plane available, if the enemy is in their best plane. so choosing an la5 or lagg, while the sky is full of 109's and even 190's, is gonna make you see "you are out of planes, ...fly supply.." very quickly.  a remedy 'might' be to limit quantities by 'type' of plane. for instance, you can fly 3 yaks, 5 la5's, 9 laggs. ...or like each player gets 10 pts - losing a yak counts as minus 3, losing a la5 counts as minus 2, losing a lagg counts as minus 1. of course, possibilities in the mind are limitless, but the mission builder determines actual possibilities.

#34 I./JG21-HeTzeR

I./JG21-HeTzeR
  • Founder

Posted 08 January 2016 - 17:19

I can only remember ADW and other Online Wars in the old Il2, we should go back there.

Cant make it right for everybody ;) 

But my idea will bring a total new way of playing the game, next to tanks, dogfights and bombing. Killing the much needed transports!

#35 12.OIAE_Stick-95

12.OIAE_Stick-95
  • Founder

Posted 08 January 2016 - 23:12

Can you please add Limited Airplanes per Airfield? So that not everyone can fly lets say F4 or Yak

Supply Planes will refill the Amount of each Plane by a specific Number (Pilots life not counted)

Lets say Airfield A has no more BF110s. I can take a Supply BF110 from Airfield B and fly it to Airfield A. Now it has 2 BF110! (or Bf109 He111 etc)

This will greatly improve the gameplay, since it can actually bring the Victory to your team if your side has always enough planes. ( IF you can run out of supply planes, this would be even better)

Think about it :) We would need transporters and people flying transport in the background, needing cover etc. Or your Side will run out of planes soon!

Not a bad idea as long as resupply is available.  I had a thought about a similar approach which may be on your planning board anyway.

In every map, all aircraft types are available.  What if certain types were not present?  This could simulate a portion of the battlefield where certain squadrons with specific plane types faced off.  I was thinking this would be appropriate when BOM becomes available.  Couldn't hurt to try it out earlier though.  This was also done in IL2 1946 servers.

#36 6./ZG26_Gielow

6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Founder

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:24

Hello DED!!

First of all, great job on the server.

Second, can you have a pair of heavy flak on at least one airfield??

It seems your server is really getting popular and the numbers on multiplayer page is attracting the lone wolf vulchers.

People are starting to hold over enemy airfield around 3K above rapid cannon range just waiting to people spawn.

With a single heavy AAA we could see the black smoke in the sky or the sound of the flak firing as warning.

#37 II./JG51Steinhoff

II./JG51Steinhoff
  • Founder

Posted 09 January 2016 - 13:44

can you have a pair of heavy flak on at least one airfield??

This is a good idea. Thank you. I also like his. 

#38 NNFFLTemeraire

NNFFLTemeraire
  • Founder

Posted 09 January 2016 - 18:09

Why now 64 players in server ?  :huh:

#39 -DED-ASF

-DED-ASF
  • Founder

Posted 09 January 2016 - 18:17

Why now 64 players in server ?  :huh:

Optimization of server overload...

razrabotchik.png