Han

Developer Diary, Part 117 - Discussion

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow beta-testers will start checking version 1.106 release candidate, which we plan to publish next week. Today we'll tell you about another addition you'll see in the new update - redesigned airfields / tank spawns screen...

We told you about the upcoming plane, MiG-3, in our recent developer diary. After this one, we'll make four more planes available during January and February to owners of Battle of Moscow, whish is planned to be released in March: Bf-109 F-2, IL-2 mod. 1941, Pe-2 ser.35 and Ju 88 A4....

Work on the Moscow map is proceeding as planned...

We'd like to finish the today diary by telling you one story - as example how we work on aircraft flight model and various dynamic effects analysis...

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 11

Excelent, thank you very much for the efforts with RL flaps testing.

One thing that was interesting for me is the very fast speed drop from 170km/h to 120km/h.

This is one thing which I am not sure is happening in BoS so fast. Especially with the Yak.

Have you taken a not on that and have you checked in the BoS FM reacts in a simmilar fashion (different weight / engine...) of course playing its role.

Thank you.

Thanks for the news!

Nice updates on that map, I am sure that it will improve MP experience. 

And thanks for the story, it`s always nice to read these detailed explanations why things are how they are.

Nice update, especially about the radar rings, thanks. 

Mick.  :russian_ru:

Another great update! Thanks Han.

Two questions:

1) Will we see any of the more exotic armament load outs for the IL-2? I remember flying the early models in IL-2 Forgotten Battles with things like the VAP and AO bomb dispensers.

2) I noticed the Bf109F-2 has the MG-151/20 field mod as an option. The default load out says MG151/20 as well. I assume it's a typo? (Should be MG151/15 :))

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Great update, everything is looking amazing and the Moscow North River Station looks just like it does in person, great attention to detail :)

Lots of cool stuff coming up I see, and of course thanks to Kostya Borovik for taking his time to clear that up.

I read the discussion about flaps on russian forum.Didnt expect to have the real flight results so soon.Well done devs,thanks for the dedication you put into this hobby of ours :salute:

Nice touch on the Moscow buildings.I hope some day we will get complete city,if time and money allows it.For the Red Square Military parade on 7.11.1941 reenactment.And in the future,Victory Parade of 45.Would be nice end for the campaign ;)

• Upvote 1

Another well written and extremely informative DD.

Very interesting insight on the modelling of flaps and great news about the upcoming planes. 4 planes in two months will be epic.

Another great update! Thanks Han.

Two questions:

1) Will we see any of the more exotic armament load outs for the IL-2? I remember flying the early models in IL-2 Forgotten Battles with things like the VAP and AO bomb dispensers.

2) I noticed the Bf109F-2 has the MG-151/20 field mod as an option. The default load out says MG151/20 as well. I assume it's a typo? (Should be MG151/15 :))

Thanks!

1 - may be later

2 - typo :) default is MG-151/15

• Upvote 1

great update and very good news about the radar rings !

Thanks to have listened us about that !

Nice and interesting experimentation with the Yak52. Next time I will fly IRL I will try the same thing just to see what's happen because I never really paid attention to the flight stick pressure during the flaps extension.

Greta news and Xmass present hehehe mig mig mig  :lol:

really cool that you can do this kinds of experiments to check

what is modeled on the sim.

so in the 2 next updates will be getting 2 planes per update?

Regs

Potz

One solution to the overloaded radio thing, would be, being able to

select radio freqs (squad, airfield, general, enemy) something like it

was in the old il2 or even turn it off at all in the planes that you could 

do it. what do think Han???

Edited by [AoA]Potenz
  • Upvote 1

Great update, they get better all the time.

Yep!  Really interesting read.  Thanks Han. :salute:

Good News 

but something is missing

One Question. many nice things are said, but none related to performance.. Why?  :scratch_one-s_head: 

listened to the needs of performance?

Thx Devs  :salute:

Thanks,

once again a great update, fantastic attention to detail. All looking brilliant.

Merry Christmas.

• Upvote 1

This flight sim, gets better and better. For The amount of planes you get at such high level of detail, worth every penny. (and not only planes, maps and tanks too!)

Yes - War Thunder doesn't come close ;)

• Upvote 1

Wait I am confused.. are do we have to wait for the rest of the update before the MIG is released?  :huh:  I personally have never liked the way updates are delivered, It was the same with the summer maps, they were not released until the new campaign was finished which meant weeks if not months more of waiting time. This time is only a week but still  :mellow: if something is done let us at it  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:   :salute:

Edit- Seeing as the rest of the patch is mostly tank stuff, I can't help but think that tanks are slowing the development of the Sim???  :huh:

Edited by Bullets
  • Upvote 2

Wait I am confused.. are do we have to wait for the rest of the update before the MIG is released? :huh: I personally have never liked the way updates are delivered, It was the same with the summer maps, they were not released until the new campaign was finished which meant weeks if not months more of waiting time. This time is only a week but still :mellow: if something is done let us at it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::salute:

Edit- Seeing as the rest of the patch is mostly tank stuff, I can't help but think that tanks are slowing the development of the Sim??? :huh:

hilow do you know what will be in the patch? the diary is 95% about planes.. Edited by Jordan

I interpreted that obviously the Mig was part of the patch, and then multiplayer airfield selection screens were being changed and I remember reading about changes to Tank Ai maybe in the last DD?  :unsure:

Edit: I'm not against tanks in this Sim... I don't use them but appreciate that they are here, they are even fun to destroy. But what I am against is the development of tanks slowing the progress of Aircraft development and release  :)

Edited by Bullets
  • Upvote 1

I have to say I wasn't to exited for the different Aircraft Versions of the ones that are already ingame, but that Il2 with it's rear view is really great. 

I do not understand, many people have performance problems, and nobody says anything  :sleep:

No, many people do not have performance problems. The game works fine for the general audience - that's the point.

@Space_Ghost

After the last update I found performance took a noticeable hit and my machine isn't exactly out dated..  :ph34r:

Edited by Bullets

@Space_Ghost

After the last update I found performance took a noticeable hit and my machine isn't exactly out dated..  :ph34r:

Same here. Overall performance isn't bad. I can still play the game, but i think there is room for improvement. Especially regarding the performance drops when AI units appear. 

Ontopic: Very nice dev update. I'm looking forward to the new planes and the Moscow map. 

Grt Martijn

Overall a general performance hit with last patch, but no real problems such as stuttering

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

I do not understand, many people have performance problems, and nobody says anything  :sleep:

Any normal gaming rig that is not ill with something can run this at atleast 40-50 frames, thats better than most games these days :P

• Upvote 1

A bit OT:I thought the flap info most interesting & it reminded me tof a subject that admittedly I have not kept track of,namely trim operting systems.If I remember correctly trim options did notwork on all aircraft and it was useless to assign key strokes to them ; ditto horizontal stabilizer adjustments.Has al this beed fixed? It would make a lot of difference in landing & of course climb settings. ;)

Trim has been present on all A/C with keystrokes/hatswitch for more than a year  ;) and works on axis for 109/190

Cheers Dakpilot