Sign in to follow this  
indiaciki

ROF curves / calibration in BOS / BOM

ROF curves / calibration tools for BOS  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Wolud you like to have ROF calibration curves in BOS?

It took them a lot of time and effort to even get them into RoF and i'm still not sure why they decided to didn't just port it over and instead replaced it with a way less capable setup, which doesn't even allow the same customisation options as '46.

This is what it looks like in RoF btw, in case people are not familiar with it. Fully customizable for each plane seperately with fully customizable, even asymetric, curves.

post-3376-0-00302400-1450305137_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

I just voted Yes, although I really have to start using RoF... and playing with those curves.  

I got lost in threads describing how to set them for different aircraft models... Will probably concentrate in just a couple of them.

Has been requested since the beginning of EA - denied, because "too complicated for newcomers"....

Anyway, I'm all for it. Especially individual plane curve adjustments would be great. It's one big question why this and many other great elements of RoF haven't been reused in BoS right from the start.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka

I just voted Yes, although I really have to start using RoF... and playing with those curves.  

I got lost in threads describing how to set them for different aircraft models... Will probably concentrate in just a couple of them.

The curves are magic ! and yes they can be asymetrical or as weird as you like compensating any idiotic joystick input the game gets or the FM has. That's the thing that makes ROF so good. FM alone doesn't do if you don't have complete control of your input device.This it what makes ROF the most realistic sim of them all.

Edited by indiaciki

Bump... Squeeky wheel gets grease?

I would be happy with just being able to set the center position. Yeah, I know the DR1 historically needed forward stick... but THAT MUCH?

Also, I haven't seen any reference that the Pfalz needed ANY fwd stick. Same for the SPAD. Camel...*maybe* but I don't think so. 

As an aircraft mechanic, I could certainly rig any of these acft to fly straight and level at whatever power setting the pilot wanted (probably even the DR1).

The point is... for WW2 planes this doesn't really matter since they (well, most anyway...) have pitch trim. For WW1 planes... only a few had pitch trim (and they are pretty much down the pike from being implemented into the game AFAIK).

No matter what anyone says...(and the Devs have confirmed this statement) this is NOT a "Simulator". It is a ("realistic") GAME  (but well advanced from the likes of War Thunder).

So... give us the ability to, at least, set the center position.

As Matt said above:

It took them a lot of time and effort to even get them into RoF and i'm still not sure why they decided to didn't just port it over and instead replaced it with a way less capable setup.

I feel very strongly about this and will continue to "squeek" in the future.

Those who feel the same squeek along please.

I voted "don't care" but I'd never use them as I have a proper length stick, it makes a huge difference.