BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 40

Greetings.

I've really enjoyed bringing you good news all the time, so it's up to me then to tell you the less pleasant ones today. We are not going to finish a game version of proper quality by November 12th. At this moment it still requires some more work to be done, and after that - a small series of tests in the studio. That's why I have to postpone the start of early access for 1 week, and launch it on November 19th.  

Now I'm going to answer several questions of yours about the early access and announce our decision on the R7 exclusiveness issue.

Read more

Note that November 11th is the last day when the Pre-order program is still active - with its special bonuses and at the old price. So there's still a couple of days when you can join the Founders program by pre-ordering Premium or Standard editions. After that, on November 12th we officially enter the Early access stage.

And now we are completely concentrated on current tasks, so unfortunately we have less time to spend on the forums than usually. Actually the entire teams' top priority now is preparing for the early access. And considering its' importance one extra week of waiting is not that much, is it?

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 2

Ok i wait. Spasiba. :salute:

Edited by 4SNero

Great video, for a moment I thought the LaGG-3 pilot was going to show his drifting skills! ;)

The ground handling looks really convincing.

• Upvote 2

That video was awesome! Exhaust flames look good, such a cool effect in a sim that makes the plane feel alive.

I also like the brake noises, not a lot of sims do that. The way the plane bobs and shakes are on the ground too seems very believable as well. Well done! I can wait another week.

• Upvote 1

Seems like there is too much of flaming effect. Would prefer smokiness without that kind of overblown flames.

Keep up the good work!  :happy:

Thank you for the news, the answers to questions and the very interesting video clip.  Good luck to you and the team as you work towards November 19th :)

Happy landings,

Talisman

Not great news but a great vid!  Seriously, the way the plane was bouncing around on the snow was brilliant.  I can't remember seeing such realistic physics.  And the flame coming out the the stacks ... very cool.  This game, unlike CLoD will be amazing and will not disappoint.  They need another week.  Not a big deal.  If it was Luthier and company running the show we wouldn't have heard anything today and the pre-release would be one month late and not one week.  

• Upvote 3

One more week is not a big deal even if it will be a long long week....

The bouncing effect of the plane on the ground and the exhausts are superb!!

Keep up the good work!

Will be there on the 19th!!

:salute:

• Upvote 1

Ground handling physics look amazing!!  Feels like we're watching a real aircraft.

+1

Perfect video. Thanks

How did I predict it wouldn't be released on the 12th November? Probably because I'm starting to get used to these set backs where games are concerned. I just hope this is the only set back regarding release, because before we know it winter will be upon use and this is meant to be an Autumn release.

Great video, a week is nothing compared to the next years with a good working sim.

Best 4 u guys, Allons!

• Upvote 1

Not surprised, but good news is that Assetto Corsa early access is out so one week more is not bad at all :)

Edited by DB605

The way that plane behaved on the ground was nothing short of amazing.

I love you, Team!

Take two weeks! ;-)

Yes, take another week if necessary. We don't want the devs falling asleep in front of their screens due to lack of sleep, we still need them to finish the rest of the game! ;-)

Great video! Thx

Seems like there is too much of flaming effect. Would prefer smokiness without that kind of overblown flames.

I do like it a whole lot, even better than ROF I must say, unbelievable in fact.

Goes a long way to get you into the action, totally opposed to the sterile feel of some other!

Edited by West

Amazing, just amazing!!! One suggestion: the blue flames at night are much more stronger and cause a blue light which is quite strong, but this is by far the most realistic looks I've ever seen.. And that ground behaviour... Oh man!!

To the haters/moaners: just save your poison for something else, these guys are delivering diamonds!!

• Upvote 2

Aaah, right! I think I'll have to make some award then ;)

Flames will be tuned of course. I mean it's not the final version of this visual effect

Amazing, just amazing!!! One suggestion: the blue flames at night are much more stronger and cause a blue light which is quite strong, but this is by far the most realistic looks I've ever seen.

Will do more research. Also German planes may have more blue in the flames - they had better fuel

Good video, the movement on the snow very good .

Regards

Edited by E69_julian57

Waiting to November 19th? No, I am waiting for a 72 hours video to not missing only a second from the early access. 

The video is great cant wait to see the long version...........

Zak, here's a good example 

pilots I talked to and different biographies often mention that aircraft with no flame dampeners or screens were actually quite blinding, and at night you could even note the faint glowing of the exhaust stacks themselves, which turned a bit red (normally not the first one, which was in direct airflow, but the ones behind). 

The main difference is that the blue spectrum of the flame is more visible in obscurity than in daylight, but they're always there.

Bf110 night fighters often used the glow of Lancaster exhausts to aim at the aircraft in complete darkness.

Edited by Sternjaeger
  • Upvote 4

No worries on the delay.   Thanks for the update and for letting us know!

I enjoyed the video.   I especially like the reflection of the exhaust flames off the canopy and the trails made in the snow!  Looking forward to flying the LaGG-3 soon. 

Some exhaust flames during a P-51 startup for some perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdy17GmkpWc

Edited by Gustang

Great video. To echo others, the ground handling, sound and exhaust effects are impressive. Looking good.

Another week to release to get the early acces as the developers intended it to be? Not a problem, but I'll be counting the days just the same :)

Hey! We all understand that this is a work of art and that it takes time. Do what you can do, and give it to us when it is ready! Back to looking up music videos.

Very nice vid! ground handleing was fantastic, sounds and flames also. No surprise on the weeks delay, were all ready when you are.