With united forces we are back, and this time for real.

9./JG27 is happy to announce, that in cooperation with StG2 "Immelmann", we will restart the FIGHTING LEGENDS server.

Old and new Missions, a professional website, a forum, the possibilty to donate and detailed server statistics which are stored over a whole year are only the beginning.

We are convinced that the fusion of both groups will lead not only to a solid server, but to a project appreciated not only by the German community.

Ambition and Tradition, FIGHTING LEGENDS is back!

Teamspeak3: IP: ts3.stg2.de Passwort: kv13

Forum: forum.stg2.de/

Statistik: stats.stg2.de/

Edited by 9./JG27DavidRed
  • Upvote 6

Hey David! Will devinately give it a go today. Ill be there at around 20.00 and most likely bring my Stg2 friends.

Edited by Winger

yes unlimited planes and no locked loadouts...we dont want to beat anybody...we just want to fly to our liking ;)

btw, does anybody have the knowledge how to create stats for a server? the wings of liberty stats are awesome, especially with the "streak" info. we would love to do the same for our server, but unfortunately we are lacking the knowledge...any help would be much appreciated. cheers.

The stats I believe were created by =FB=Vaal and =FB=Isay in their own time. My understanding is that they plan to release the software to the public soon - but right now it still under development and testing only for the WOL server.

thx very much for the link....russian doesnt exactly help...but its a start! hopefully we can implement it...its very cool that these guys released it to the public.very nice turn. :salute:

Expert settings. GPS only around the airfield. Compact map. Fast action, good training for spotting and dogfight. Hope this server will be run well in the future.

• Upvote 1

Hi , Just returned from a mission on your server !

Very nice missions, just missing a little bit more distance between spawning airfield. Close is really cool for faster action, but it seems a little bit too close on the mission I tested today.

Anyway, I will come and fly ! Thank you ! :)

I did try your server, and I'm really happy with it! I love the "no map indications" thing. :D 

I don't know how it's gonna be with a lot of player though, cause the maps are quite small.

The only thing missing I think is a TS spot to rejoin. We need team play! 

Edit: & the mission instructions in English. ;)

See you there! :)

Edited by rolluptito

I had a fun time there yesterday.

The mission seemed a bit long to load. Nothing too painful, but if you remove the .mission file from the server's directory, it will use the msnbin file instead, which is much faster to load.

All text was in German. I was able to understand the short in-game messages, but I skipped the mission briefing. I hope we'll get an English translation at some point. There were a couple super-shiny white buildings in the factory area. Maybe the devs have not provided summer textures for all buildings yet?

damm

yesterday i try fly some missions .... but was kicked 2 times beacuse my ping.  I hope i can solve this problem on future. I will try again.

Good Job and Good luck for Fighting Legends!

Tumu

Thanks for hosting!  Nice buildt missions and setup. On of my favorite server now  :salute:

~S~

Wandalen

post-18998-0-43847400-1446490621_thumb.jpg

post-18998-0-81477000-1446490626_thumb.jpg

damm

yesterday i try fly some missions .... but was kicked 2 times beacuse my ping.  I hope i can solve this problem on future. I will try again.

Good Job and Good luck for Fighting Legends!

Tumu

hey RedEye...i think we have set the ping limit to 200 right now...we could try it a little higher maybe. 250 for example and see if its still good playable for everyone.

I did try your server, and I'm really happy with it! I love the "no map indications" thing. :D 

I don't know how it's gonna be with a lot of player though, cause the maps are quite small.

The only thing missing I think is a TS spot to rejoin. We need team play! 

Edit: & the mission instructions in English. ;)

See you there! :)

mh...well for the 1mission we already have a working english briefing...maybe the other one still needs to be translated...but rest assured, we will take care of it and guarantee that every mission has a proper english briefing of course.

and yes...the maps are quite small, but thats our intention for now..we want action on the server and dont "waste" time of people who want some fun, even if they dont have a couple of hours to spend...we will see how everything is working out in future, when/if more players fill the server....our group is very new to BOS/BOM, and we just started...we are thankfull for all comments and feedback to improve our all experience.

Thanks for hosting!  Nice buildt missions and setup. On of my favorite server now  :salute:

~S~

Wandalen

thx for the kind words...i have really have to highlight 9./JG27Diesel here, as he is the one making the missions...i hope i can help him out in future though.

(Oh, and I did forget: thank you very much for your work!!! )

:salute:

youre welcome...btw, you are already a familiar name to me :)

i really like the server. i hope we can get some people on it today. would like to fly some missions there  :salute:  

Hi David Red,

There's an error message when we try to connect the server.

Here it is: "10017: File transfer error." The map is probably broken. 

See you later on it!  :)

Rolluptito

Heey there Diesel, 

I have been playing on your server for a while now and I love it. Great objective design and awesome players. 

However, as of a few days ago a noticed that sometimes at random moments the server starts lagging and my fps goes down to something like 3 fps (normally running at a steady 60). 

I noticed that it only occurs when there are a lot of players online. Weird as it may sound it does not seem to be related to the number of players in a specific area.

The stuttering and lagg seems to be as random as can be.

As of today a automatically produced message showed up at the same time of the stuttering. The message was warning about server overload and that it might cause issues.

I need to add that the stuttering is not limited to your server. I have the same issue on the Wings Of Liberty server and once again only if there are a lot of players online. 

I hope you or the Devs can find a solution to is problem. 

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Thank you very much for this!
I love the server, it's my favorite.

Must also state that the airfields are a little too close to the action tho.

I could provide with a temporary TS3 server should you want.
Just hit me up.

Thanks again!

Hi Black Hell and f1v3,

we did some days ago a little bit of server testing, how much amount of players can the server hold before it's going worse.

We decide it for now 40 Players max, today was it really smooth to fly for me, and the erratic error warning is more or less gone

( it's sometimes show the message but we have this also tested on a really strong server an it show's also up and on WOL also) 

Hope your frame drops was today not so hard.

Diesel is also working hard on the next MP maps, there is a second one now running with a wider range of targets and the airfields are not so close and a nice shipyard for skip bombing.

To give more varied MP setups.

And THX you enjoyed it, hope we meet soon again in the sky's

greetings mad :salute:  

• Upvote 2

I have to agree with the others. It's a joy to fly on your server. All in all people seem more relaxed than on the WoL server. 

Gute Arbeit Jungs  :salute:

I discovered ure server few days ago! I spent good time on it. 

Perhaps airfields so close from line front but i really full real difficulty.

Thanks a lot!

anybody knows where the banned clients are saved??where are the logfiles for it? today i did a test ban and banned myself...now it says that im banned for 24 hours. dont know how to unban myself again  :lol:

Hi Black Hell and f1v3,

we did some days ago a little bit of server testing, how much amount of players can the server hold before it's going worse.

We decide it for now 40 Players max, today was it really smooth to fly for me, and the erratic error warning is more or less gone

( it's sometimes show the message but we have this also tested on a really strong server an it show's also up and on WOL also) 

Hope your frame drops was today not so hard.

Diesel is also working hard on the next MP maps, there is a second one now running with a wider range of targets and the airfields are not so close and a nice shipyard for skip bombing.

To give more varied MP setups.

And THX you enjoyed it, hope we meet soon again in the sky's

greetings mad :salute:  

Good to hear man!

I will ONLY join your server when I'm online and in the mood for MP action :)

The FPS drops, are only showing for Black, not for me... thank God :D

Great to hear about the new map. Thanks for that.

Keep it up guys!

EDIT:

Should anyone need to get on a TS Server to coordinate feel free to use mine:

Stick to the IL-2 channels + sub channels to find each other.

Edited by =[Coffin]=f1v3
  • Upvote 1

Should anyone need to get on a TS Server to coordinate feel free to use mine:

Stick to the IL-2 channels + sub channels to find each other.

Great stuff ! Hope they add TS info in game brief.

The games gets so mutch betther with team work :)

Hey! played the whole evening today and starting a couple minutes ago (while having ~22 people on the server) some people including me got sudden disconnects without any warning

I very rarely, if ever, venture online but tonight I thought I'd give it a go and jumped into your server.

I have been playing too much non full real lately and it showed as it took me a good few tries to actually get into the air but eventually managed it.

I circled the airfield a few times and saw about 6-8 Sturmoviks taking off along with a couple of Yaks so I circled with the Yaks (myself in one) and started flying cover with them, it was pretty awesome.

I had really forgotten how to manage my radiator and other stuff and shortly there after my engine failed due to overheating and glided to my doom.

It was a real pleasure taking part, even though it was so brief and I will definitely try out your server again, it quickly filled up to 40 players but then it crashed I think as it booted me back to the server browser screen.

All in all it was very enjoyable and after some more practising I will be looking forward to joining again, great server chaps.

Mick. :)

To everyone who was fighting the mission that ended at around midnight GMT. Great fight! Both sides fought hard and to the guys that attacked our airfield with Pe-2s Thanks. I never had my targets come to my by free will :)

@ ema33ig Grüße aus Halle

- I don't mind locked payloads either way

don't you dare putting ideas in their heads!  :P

shall nip in and give it a go ..