Sneaksie

Game version 1.104 discussion: Summer and Autumn campaign, Bf 109 E-7 in early access

Update 1.104

Dear friends!

Today we reach a major milestone in IL-2 Sturmovik project and we sincerely hope you'll enjoy the new stuff.

First of all, we added the long awaited summer and autumn seasons along with the new campaign that covers early stages of Stalingrad battle from last days of flaming August to the middle of November when first snowflakes started to fall on the ruins of the city. In the new campaign we've tried to implement some of your requests and it contains static scenarios in addition to regular dynamically generated ones. Each one of them is a short story of a Russian or German pilot, a small episode of the world war.

Second, a new plane appeared in the 'already released' list of Battle of Moscow aircraft - Bf 109 E-7. Now all customers of Battle of Moscow can fly it while those who have only Battle of Stalingrad can choose it as an enemy, as well as all other BoM planes.

Third, today is a happy day for those who pre-purchased standard edition of Battle of Moscow - now they can jump into pilot seats of I-16 type 24 and Bf 109 E-7 (only the owners of Premium version of Battle of Moscow could fly them earlier). MC.202 and P-40 E-1 planes are still exclusive to Battle of Moscow Premium version, they will be available for separate purchase later.

Just in case you haven't noticed, there is an active sale underway. Now you can add La-5 and Fw 190 A-3 to your account if you own standard version of Battle of Stalingrad at half the price. Standard and Premium (which already includes these two planes) editions of Battle of Stalingrad are also 50% off, so if your friend (or maybe even you) doesn't have BoS yet it would be a good opportunity to fix this. Please note that additional planes should be added on Steam for Steam version and in our store for non-Steam version.

See you in the sky, pilots! For a safe take-off don't forget that engine power is significantly lower at higher summer temperatures than during winter.

1.104 change list

1. Bf 109 E-7 fighter is now available to customers who pre-purchased standard version of Battle of Moscow. Anyone who own Battle of Stalingrad can set it as an enemy.
2. New maps added: Summer Stalingrad, Autumn Stalingrad, Summer Lapino and Autumn Lapino.
3. New campaign added: Battle of Stalingrad: part 1
4. New tactical overlay shows frontline and units locations on in-game campaign map
5. Interaction between an aircraft and ground has been improved to the next level of detail, you'll notice a distinct difference between concrete and dirt runways, fields, ice and other terrain types. In addition, they become more slippery during rain.
6. Additional optimization of the game and dedicated server added.
7. Maximal amount of players on one server increased to 84.
8. Problems found with AI taking off have been fixed.
9. AI plane control improved, this should decrease the probability of AI getting into uncontrollable spin (was especially profound on Fw 190).
10. AI ground attack routines improved, it now maintains a higher speed, resulting in higher survival rate.
11. AI landing routines improved, which should reduce risk of colliding with other planes or objects.
12. Setting bomb fuses to off will now properly stop them from exploding after drop.
14. Elevator controls now being damaged correctly, so it's impossible to have only half of elevator damaged.
15. Control rods can be damaged only by hitting parts of a plane where they are located.
16. Stabilizer damage resistance corrected for LaGG-3, La-5 and Bf 109 planes.
17. Playing back the record including P-40E-1 with 500 kg bomb will no longer cause an error (for tracks recorded in this version).
18. Minor improvements for mission creators (lines type 3..8 will render at different thickness).

109.jpg

News update
You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 17

YESSSSSS!

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to get home and fly. Gotta thinkof some reason to leave early now:)

Thank you very much!!

This is a milestone! New maps and no more white.

Thank you team

The most waited update ever! :P For me at least.

Downloading!!! Thank you!!!!

Thanks for the update guys! Downloading right now, can't wait to get the E-7 in the air!

Great stuff!

On top of the already lot praised summer maps, E-7 and new ground physics, I would like to thank you for bringing those AI fixes

and improvements to this patch. Very important for us offline players!

And looking forward to try that new campaign!

Good job guys!

Edited by Zami

Superb service guys! This is going to transform the sim from good to great. Can't wait to get home from work.

Excellent, thank you.  1.45 GB that's a big download.

Now let us concentrate on :  Downloading.....................................

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

tumblr_mhglohsuoU1rgzv7so1_400.gif

Gonna have such a great time (when I get back on my PC after vacation)

Why is it now impossible for half the elevator to be damaged? If flak or rounds hit the left elevator, only that side should be damaged. The right shouldn't magically be damaged too, unless by shrapnel at best - but that would have to pass through the rudder so that would have to be damaged as well.

Does it rather mean that when a control cable is damaged, or the elevator is jammed, that both sides now don't respond?

Thank you, all Devs~

Here is my first impression (screenshot) on Summer of Stalingrad.

post-23296-0-50093300-1445960555_thumb.jpg

post-23296-0-73350000-1445960559_thumb.jpg

post-23296-0-51136700-1445960561_thumb.jpg

post-23296-0-53707900-1445960563_thumb.jpg

post-23296-0-22120800-1445960566_thumb.jpg

post-23296-0-27518300-1445961057_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gould
  • Upvote 5

dont have time to proper testing, but its still possible to take off through deep snow.

anyway update looks good!!!

Question, Are there Boats crossing hte Volga yet? or is that in BoM?

I flew a solo mission in the Yak and selected "boats" from the ground vehicles and...there they were!

• Upvote 1

Up & Running..pretty quickly too! First look ? What promise this shows! finally out of the snow! In my opinion Bos & coming soon finally ha the possibility of competing with CloD( please please I don't want to start anything with this opinion!) I've had one flight in the Emil & it is just great9 I can hardly wait til skinners have a go at it! I only flew the Summeer Stalingrad map & what an improvement & change ( please no judgement on the Winter map , but still...) I did click on campaign & it does have a teriific intro , but got no further  so far,so the jury is out.fingers crossed that it is better than the first BoS campaign-we'll see!?

I really hope SP mission & campaign builders start going to town on this with new missions with more planes & morre immersion...again in my opinion what this sim really needs in the future! ;)

'

A.U.G. - Awesome Update Guys! Just bought FW190 A3. I am against buying a new stuff to the games for real money. But I made an exception because you deserve it!

NICE

First flight ended with a CTD, just when the bombed dropped from my E-7 was about to explode. First CTD for a long time, i hope it's not a general problem.

New ground physics and maps are great though.

New season is a welcome change to the white snow.  The E7 is pretty cool but the engine torque affect on the ground is way over done, I'm having to use near full right rudder and then brakes to keep it straight, or even turn right.

Apart from that I need to play some more, just had a CTD but I suspect its a gfx driver issue again. 

Good job guys, great patch