Sign in to follow this  
TP_Jacko

Rearm Refuel

I am wondering if the airbase re arm refuel and repair is now working. I have set up a radius of 1 km for rearm and 5 secs to rearm as a test and can't seem to get it to work. There is no indication of the radius on the map in the editor.

How is it supposed to work? I seem to remember that Han mentioned in one of his recent answers that this had not been implemented yet...

See http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/7-questions-developers/?p=289287, the last line:

Positive only on first. We have it in feature list.

But now I realize it could be understood in different ways. Is it on the list of features to implement, or on the list of features implemented?

Edited by coconut

Nope like in RoF it is not in the game yet.

They must have think about it a long time ago (since it is implemented in the mission editor UI) but we gonna have to wait for it

I thought it was supposed to be working on the Friday night bomber night missions

I've talked with someone about this and may be it is implemented. I will have to do some operational test to check those functions.

I will try to ask to zak on skype too. Will keep you posted if I find something about this.

Edited by PB0_Foxy

Cool, its always tricky to get something to work when  there ius nothing written about how to do it.

Cool, its always tricky to get something to work when  there ius nothing written about how to do it.

More fun that way. You wouldn't it want too easy now, would you Jacko?

Edited by No601_Swallow

I thought it was supposed to be working on the Friday night bomber night missions

Yes works in FNBFs through the Advanced Airfield Settings.

I use 1800 seconds or 3 minutes for RRR.

Player must park AC with 1000m of Spawn point and click Finish Mission. So if your thinking player can remain in the aircraft while it's being RRR'd.

No.

Tip

Player must park AC with 1000m of Spawn point and click Finish Mission. So if your thinking player can remain in the aircraft while it's being RRR'd.

No.

Tip

Thanks for the reply Tip i get the idea now its a way to preserve aircraft when limited numbers are available in game so the player rejoins the mission without loosing an airplane. It would have been a nice touch to be sitting in the aircaft though.

No.

Tip

You mean 180 seconds?

You mean 180 seconds?

I'm thinking that I use 1800 in those advanced setting slots and that it equals to a 3 minutes wait time. Don't have game puter available now but IIRC you use the same time settings as you do when setting the Mission Time in a Dserver. Will check when get off work.

Tip

~S~ Everyone,

I suspected that the Rearm, Refuel, Repair (minor damages) could be made to work with enough understanding of the logic.

Given the report that it is now being utilized in the Friday Night Bomber Flights, I'd love to see the simplified schematic for it.

Remember, no smoking at the FARP, and hat's off to the person who has managed to get this much wanted feature worked out!

Blue Skies,

!S -Jupp- :salute:

Bo_S_Colorful_Explosion.jpg

Rearm/refuel function in the mission editor applies to AI aircraft and vehicles only within the range you set, and only if they are marked as having limited ammo, as far as I've tested. This does not apply to player aircraft.

The function allows missions to be created that will simulate supply lines or field repairs governed and utilized by the AI...useful for a moving dogfight/persistent dynamic battle across the entire map or large area.

Airfields (spawn points) have a configuration that allow them to restock aircraft if an aircraft is returned, or restock aircraft based on a time limit starting after it spawns.

I'm thinking that I use 1800 in those advanced setting slots and that it equals to a 3 minutes wait time. Don't have game puter available now but IIRC you use the same time settings as you do when setting the Mission Time in a Dserver. Will check when get off work.

Tip

Just checked gnome...

180 seconds it is for 3 minutes in the Advanced properties for the airfields. You can also set the maintenance radius for the airfield there as well. However I'm not sure if that makes a difference as the radius circle in the ME never seems to change when that is set differently.

Works as advertised. Player RTBs with last available aircraft for that base and lands/taxies within 1000m of the Spawn point. Hits "Mission End". Takes a 3 minute break. An aircraft becomes available whereas one was not available before he landed.

Just checked gnome...

180 seconds it is for 3 minutes in the Advanced properties for the airfields. You can also set the maintenance radius for the airfield there as well. However I'm not sure if that makes a difference as the radius circle in the ME never seems to change when that is set differently.

Works as advertised. Player RTBs with last available aircraft for that base and lands/taxies within 1000m of the Spawn point. Hits "Mission End". Takes a 3 minute break. An aircraft becomes available whereas one was not available before he landed.

That is really good to know. Lots of new possibilities open!