BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 39

Hello Dear Friends,

Today is Friday, possibly the last one where we still know more about the game than you because you still haven't gotten your hands on it. Everything so far has been going fine and we're expecting no major issues. However, HoH your reaction to all news is very sharp and you will no doubt insist on significant changes during the course of development. We listen very carefully and of course we're aware of all the concerns you've expressed.

Read more

Also today we’re glad to show you the result of our work at the gift skin for Bf 109 F-4. This color pattern will only be available to Founders who have pre-ordered IL2BOS before October 1st.

Wallpapers:

wp_kamerad_1920x1080_en.jpg wp_kamerad_1920x1200_en.jpg

Screenshots:

IL2BOS_bfskin_1.jpg IL2BOS_bfskin_2.jpg IL2BOS_bfskin_3.jpg IL2BOS_bfskin_4.jpg

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 1

The most polite developer in the history of flight sims! Thankyou!

No weapons sux, I gotta say, but it's early days, I get that!

Otherwise, Co000ol! 

Good to know the approx. timetable for providing content and features for the early access. Very much appreciated.

I'm a mechanical Engineer that's been doing failure analysis for 20 years...  Execution plan is superb...  Taking small steps is the best approach...  The more I understand your methods, the more I become convinced this will be a great product.  You guys have it right.  My $89 was well spent.

Thanks for the updates...  Hopefully, you'll keep them coming -- really enjoy the technical discussion on the various parts of the code...

The screenshots look absolutely amazing.  What sort of AA is in use?  Are the screeshots tweaked after capture?   

• Upvote 5

I think your proposed plan makes absolute sense and I look forward to trying the game out and ultimately being able to be involved with improving this sim for everyone.

I still feel very happy to be a founding supporter of the project. Best wishes!

Two months at 24/3? Will the days change to the weekend at some point?

Edited by Uther
  • Upvote 4

"The Mission Editor will become available in the Spring. "

AAaaarrgghhh!!!   

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for the update, now proceeding to the thread "Want will you first do 1st when you start the Beta.."  see what happens there :lol:     :o::(:o:

A logical roll out, this is the way to do it even if it makes a lot unhappy. I look forwards to putting the LaGG-3 through its paces. I do wonder about the other planes though. You say the first session will be the LaGG-3 only, does that mean initially we will be restricted to a single plane type per 3 day session or will you add additional planes with future sessions and build it up to the full list?

Edited by =LD=King_Hrothgar

Thanks for the update, now proceeding to the thread "Want will you first do 1st when you start the Beta.."  see what happens there :lol:     :o::(:o:

Well, obviously not a lot...

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the update. No guns is a bummer, still, I bet people will use their propellers, flare guns and other kamikaze means to "down" other aircraft..   :salute:

Edited by Sim

I kill you with my landing gear!

Edit: I wonder if the flare guns will work, they do damage in RoF...

Edited by =LD=King_Hrothgar

The plane looks very good.

Your idea of focusing beta testing effort to a limited number of things (instead of everyone doing whatever they want) sounds very good.

Methinks you people have all your oars in the water. I foresee an excellent product on the horizon.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the update, team

I sort of expected the weapons not be available immediately in the first version, so this is no surprise and no problem.

I consider the first weeks as training weeks and getting to know the plane and their characteristics; punching holes in Axis kites -like this weeks Bf109 ;) - can wait a little :P

Dev Team, you are doing a great job; take your time to get things right and I am certain that the end-result will be impressive

Thanks for the update, I feel very honored to be a test pilot for the beta and hopefully I will be the first to exclaim "Its porked !".

Master

But... will the LaGG-3 have brakes?!?

;-)

Actually it has! Doesn't help it much, but there's something at least :)

You say the first session will be the LaGG-3 only, does that mean initially we will be restricted to a single plane type per 3 day session or will you add additional planes with future sessions and build it up to the full list?

Yer, you'll be building up the list.

The screenshots look absolutely amazing.  What sort of AA is in use?  Are the screeshots tweaked after capture?   

This is usual x4 antialiasing. Supersampling is off but will be available (best performance - at SLI systems)

Screenshots were not edited, only logos were added. The wallpaper has been polished in Photoshop.

Thanks for the update. It's almost exactly what I was expecting when I ordered the Premium with early access. Actually if everything goes as described (even in the one week postpone case) it's damn good job.

Huge S! to whole development team and thank you once again.

Edited by II./JG1_Pragr

Gotta say the skin looks better than expected.

Thanks for the update!

• Upvote 2

what is the e-mail for costumer support?

Great update, thank you.

I wasn't a fan of the skin choice on the Poll - but this looks waaaaay better than I thought it would - and it complements the Lagg founders skin very well. It looks amazing.

The early access rollout plan looks great. Can't wait to fly.

It's really fun to take part in all of this development! As a flight sim enthusiast I want to say thank you, I will probably never forget this thrilling time!

I'm exited... :yahoo:

and yes, the skin looks great, it's a good result.

Edited by StG2_Manfred

what is the e-mail for costumer support?

Let us know how you get on...

Thanks for the info. Im looking forward to getting started. I think once ppl get their system running this game well and have a few flights around then they will be begging for the next chapter. I tested War Thunder for ages and at times it got frustrating. I hope the updates come around quickly.

No Mission Editor until Spring 2014 Im guessing means no Multiplayer until Spring 2014?

Edited by SYN_Jedders
  • Upvote 1

I think it's a good idea to do the roll out very gradually. Keeps our effort focused, rather than just throwing a while bunch of stuff at us, which would guarantee, that something got overlooked.

We have to remember, that the early release is not (just) for our enjoyment. We'll actually be at work.

Edited by Finkeren

I think it's a good idea to do the roll out very gradually. Keeps our effort focused, rather than just throwing a while bunch of stuff at us, which would guarantee, that something got overlooked.

We have to remember, that the early release is not (just) for our enjoyment. We'll actually be at work.

+1

Great update as always. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the update!

I like having a "no guns month" just to familiarise myself with plane types / game flight engine without distracting enemy targets - it's like having proper pilots training before being sent to the front. Looking forward to having flight engine polished and tested before shooting starts, too :)

Edited by Trupobaw
  • Upvote 3