-LaFrench-LoupVert

1.103 Complex Trigger

I've never used a command to turn on the spotlight, just create an entity and when obj are in the area are activated alone

~S~  Moro,

Good to know, I've been winging it since the ME was released with no manual.

I can report that I've now replaced all usage of Complex Triggers with Checkzones.

I am no longer getting the "Multiplayer Server Overload" message... in the particular rewrite.

For some reason the Green Flares firing for friendlies doesn't work, even using copied (& adjusted) Red detection of enemies set ups which do. (?)

Anyway, the result of v1.103's changes are definitely a positive step in the right direction for the future of Multiplayer, which, continues to improve.

The ME.pdf that Swallow produced, the new BOM planes that some of us are already flying, more optimization, and of course the new maps coming...

Things are looking up!

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

Bo_S_Operation_October.jpg

Edited by Jupp

The ME.pdf that Swallow produced...

Much as I'd like to steal the credit, with regret I feel honour-bound to point out that Prangster wrote the great ME manual. (Well, I'm in his squadron, so I probably should take the credit - at least for annoying him with stupid questions, which gave him the inspiration to do the work, and as everyone knows the inspiration is the most important part of a job... erm...)

But I agree - mission building and MP do seem to be getting better and better.

Edited by No601_Swallow

~S~  Moro,

Good to know, I've been winging it since the ME was released with no manual.

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

That's right, and also seems a big problem many times.
I've seen are made with commandAttacks CAPS, when the WP LOW level, a formidable CAP is obtained. But I guess this is the lack of information, we use the more we learn more
Cheers

~S~ Swallow,

Ah yes of course! My bad... apology to Prangster! Thanks again 601. ~S~

Sacked.jpg

Edited by Jupp

Does a check zone operate more along something like "nothing Is in my zone currently so I turn on, or something is in my zone so i stay off", or is it. "Something has crossed into or out of my border so I turn on." Or is it both?

Because it seems to be cross the border only trigger for me. If I stay within the zone it won't go off again.

Edited by roaming_gnome

The gen, unless it's changed in BoS? From the Rise of Flight Editor manual: https://rof.s3.amazonaws.com/UM/ROF_Mission_Editor_User_Manual.zip

7.8.3. Trigger:Check zone

In case when for one object there are to check (closer and further) being performed there must be some hysteresis (difference in “close” and “further” radiuses).

Moreover “closer” is being checked first and only when this checking is complete you can start (by timer or event) the checking of “further”. Otherwise the logics of checking will be ruined.

For example: if the checked object is born inside the given radius of Check Zone (further) – all will work correctly, i.e. the checking won’t start, since the object in fact is inside the specified radius of the zone and Check Zone (close) isn’t needed in this case.

If the checked object is born outside of the given radius of Check Zone (further) then you should first enable checking “close” so that the trigger understands that the object has entered the checking zone and only then enable checking “further” to control leaving of the zone.

If Check Zone deactivated by “Deactivate” trigger is activated it will work again with the settings set in Advanced Properties.

Edited by No43_Handsome

Thanks for the Link H.

They do seem to be slightly different in BOS, in that you don't need to object link any longer for MP. You can also check for which faction it triggers and if the object is a ground or air object.   Either way I haven't gotten these to work without spawning multiple copies of a unit in MP.  I'm sure its a simple mistake and all, I'll keep on rolling it uphill until I get it.   

Complex triggers are still necessary when some specific conditions are needed such as model of aircraft.

I have tried complex triggers without checking entities, it doesn't work, even if the specified aircraft is spawning in the radius (checking objects).

Now, i prefer add a check zone; a timer and an activate before my complex triggers (disabled) when i need their ability to check the model of aircraft.

Mission Begin --->Check zone--->timer---> activate----> complex trigger. That way, the load remain low untill the complex trigger is activated.

Spawning multiple copies? Hme. Using an IN zone to turn itself off when triggered whilst activating an OUT zone works well for spawning and removing objects, as here in a loop:

Spawn%20Despawn%20Logic.png

Although the object here is activated rather than spawned. The object, if damaged, retains its damaged state when reactivated which is neat, and continues to reactivate when the trigger is fired until it is destroyed.

It seems to me that aircraft when destroyed will not regenerate when configured using the damage tool using this method (activating), whereas ground units will?

Anyhow, sorry if I'm teaching my Grandma to suck eggs etc. :)

Edited by No43_Handsome

Here's something, Handsome, that I've wondered about before, concerning activating and deactivating.  It's interesting that the object retains its damaged state if it's reactivated. But do you know where it reappears? Does it reappear in its original location, or does it reappear at the place where it deactivated? Riddle me that'un!

Edit: I'm pretty sure a new one wouldn't activate once the original is destroyed, though. That's what the Spawn/Destroy tools are for, innit!

Edited by No601_Swallow

Here's something, Handsome, that I've wondered about before, concerning activating and deactivating.  It's interesting that the object retains its damaged state if it's reactivated. But do you know where it reappears? Does it reappear in its original location, or does it reappear at the place where it deactivated? Riddle me that'un!

Edit: I'm pretty sure a new one wouldn't activate once the original is destroyed, though. That's what the Spawn/Destroy tools are for, innit!

It will stay in the same place.  So it can be used only once. Good for SP and Coop missions.

I recall that an object appeared to reactivate at the location wherever it was when it de-activated, which too is neat, and logical. If the object is following waypoints it will attempt to get back to WP1 on reactivation.

An alternative to waypoints is to use an 'AI POI', or a 'Command Attack Area' as above.

Flying in and out of a space to see what happens has never been so much fun.

Although not included in the above example, if a 'Damage' (repair \ complete) tool is applied to an aircraft object via 'add event \ OnPlaneCrashed' for instance, the plane does not repair when it is destroyed, when activated \ de-activated as above, not that I can get to work anyhow.

I've tried numerous alternate wiring configurations.

However, I have a memory that a ground vehicle would repair.

I may be making that up. It's possible.

Edited by No43_Handsome

Hi

I'm a little confused with check zone. i want to use the check zone trigger as an activator but ONCE untill the plane that spawned into the check zone radius leaves it. And later when another plane will spawn, the check zone should work again.

It doesn't work like i want it to work as. I spawn into the check zone, ok, everything is triggered fine, but when i leave the check zone...bim!!!! the check zone triggers again.

How can i stop that ?

Thank you in advance.

Take, a look at the _gen. Mission files generated by the game for reference, just be aware that I think this only works for single player missions. I'm working on trying to find a workaround as well, and may have stumbled upon something, I just have to do quite. A bit of testing cause I have no idea why it works.

Edited by roaming_gnome

I spawn in the check zone radius and i wait for the friendly AI to spawn. I call the spawn that way :

CZ---->Activate---->CT - On spawned ---> TT 10 secondes ---->Spawn

- On left ----> Deactivate<---

But when the plane i want to spawn, does.... the check zone triggers again.

My work around :

CZ---->Activate---->CT - On spawned ---> TT 10 secondes ---->Spawn

|                                                       | ---->TT 1 seconde ---> Deactivate spawner

|                                                       | ---->TT 40 secondes ----> Activate spawner.

|

|- On left ----> Deactivate<---

That way, i suppose the CZ can triggers as many times it wants, nothing will spawn after the first spawn during the 50 next secondes. Enough time to leave the check zone radius. 

Or maybe i could try in a different way, but i can(t figure how.

I will try this this evening.

Edited by -IRRE-golgoth21

What I would do is have the CZ deactivate itself, and have the CT onLeft event activate the CZ again. But I have to admit I don't really understand what the CT is doing here in the first place.

It's because i have 7 CT (7 russian type of aircraft) waiting for a player to spawn, and each CT works depending on the type of aircraft the player spawns in. And i have 4 airfields working that way (that means 28 CT working at the same time).

Sometimes (each time) the mission works weird. Putting up a CZ first is a kind of temporization letting me enabling the CTs of one airfield only (while the others remain disabled untill a player spawns there.

The exact sequence is

CZ---->Activate---->CT - On spawned ---> TT 10 secondes ---->Spawn  (Check Yaks)

|            - On left ----> Deactivate<---

|

|---->CT - On spawned ---> TT 10 secondes ---->Spawn (Check PE2)

|            - On left ----> Deactivate<---

ad 7 repetita.

I will try your suggestion. It's a shame i did not find it by myself. Thank you...

Edited by -IRRE-golgoth21