BigPickle

Soundscape

The sound is very good , yes some times pilot voices i dont hear or seem weak  and the hit sounds , but most of the time the sound is awsome i think .

Recently got myself a soundcard (used onboard sound previously) and while the engines and wind effects sound more clear and slightly more powerfull they're still weak and lack low frequencies at higher revs. Not even bass bosst can compensate for that as it mainly tunes the wind noise up which sounds pretty terrible.

Still enjoying my new sound card after all.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka

While the sound of the P 40 in game from the video posted on page one is good for synthesized game sound, it in no way sounds like a P 40 with an Allison V 1710.

Another video example of the real thing, this one being a P 40 B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBrjdobW2p0

No a criticism, just an observation.

To have the real sounds of all the aircraft in the game, that match up with all the operating conditions in real time is simply not possible with the current state of game technology, and would really cause big problems with existing home PCs, no matter how high end they are.

I think, for what it's worth, the P-40 in game sounds great ....

Chief

Edited by -NW-ChiefRedCloud

Recently got myself a soundcard (used onboard sound previously) and while the engines and wind effects sound more clear and slightly more powerfull they're still weak and lack low frequencies at higher revs. Not even bass bosst can compensate for that as it mainly tunes the wind noise up which sounds pretty terrible.

Still enjoying my new sound card after all.

Thanks mate i shall stick with my onboard sound , i nearly went for a sound card , some days i can here the voices clear as day some days not . i am messing around with speaker out puts as i have 5.1. The two rear speaks i will set to high , and the center to middle range  . as pilot voices are coming from the rear speaks for me . i have the pilots voice  mod and i really enjoy that sound .

I have to add it's not the cards fault primarily, it showed good improvements on music and other games like Arma and DCS after sopme tweaking with the EQ. It's just to the way BoS sound rceordings are designed that it can't acchieve the same effect. Still, wind noise, gunfire and some other effects that usually overmodulated with my Realtek Onbaord sound are more clear and differentiated form engine noise ect now.

I'm talking about the Asus Xsonar DGX btw and I'm using a "2.1" setup (stereo + sub).

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka