=BLW=OttoBertram

Stukas (AI) dive bomb.

Hi!

I would like to make a film in which six Stukas dive to destroy targets with the siren.

It can do this with AIs?

How would the Command Attack Area?

I tried in various ways without success. They do not dive.

=BLW=Otto

They are picky about the altitude, I think. Too high and they will fly by, go around on a trip that will take an eternity and by the time they are back on target they might be low enough to do a glide drop.

Try setting the attack area MCU at 1700m (ground + 1500m, typically), and also make sure the waypoint leading to the attack area is also at the same altitude.

They are picky about the altitude, I think. Too high and they will fly by, go around on a trip that will take an eternity and by the time they are back on target they might be low enough to do a glide drop.

Try setting the attack area MCU at 1700m (ground + 1500m, typically), and also make sure the waypoint leading to the attack area is also at the same altitude.

Agree. In my limited experiences i learnt that setting the altitude of the waypoint and the attack area at the same height helps a lot. I also set the priority on high for both.

S! Guys

Thanks, but it did not work.

Take a look at what might be wrong.

If possible, I would like to send the mission. But I'm not allowed to put files here in the forum.

Stuka.jpg

At first glance it looks ok. What I would do is to set the waypoint further back by a Km at least, so they have room to maneuver and line up the shot.

Otherwise it might be problematic for the ones who have to turn to the extremes of the airfield after reaching the waypoint.

I try to set mine up so the trajectory between before reaching the waypoint and from waypoint to objective is as close as possible to a straight line.

It's not mandatory but it will avoid tight turns for the planes.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

At first glance it looks ok. What I would do is to set the waypoint further back by a Km at least, so they have room to maneuver and line up the shot.

Otherwise it might be problematic for the ones who have to turn to the extremes of the airfield after reaching the waypoint.

I try to set mine up so the trajectory between before reaching the waypoint and from waypoint to objective is as close as possible to a straight line.

It's not mandatory but it will avoid tight turns for the planes.

Stuka2.jpg

I would like the AI STUKA behaved like the Stuka in this video,( https://youtu.be/p-slkZ9TVm0 ) between 0: 0 35s and: 56s,

If it can be done by AI.

Thank you mate.

Ill try something when i get home tonight. Could you upload your mission to dropbox and share the link?

I tried a bunch of things yesterday, but it didnt do the trick.

I'll test some more today after work.

Screen_mission_list.jpg

In this mission I saw the Stukas dive at 80 degrees to Bombadear.
Only once.

But do not know how to open this mission.

Thank you!

Start the mission, press CTRL-R (record), wait a bit, press CTRL-R again (stop recording). Go to data/Tracks/<the tracks you just saved>/. The mission should be there.

You set the area attack to 1 or 2 seconds, which means that the planes will attack for 1-2 seconds max. They can't dive bomb in that time.

Set for a few minutes and place the area attack commands at a slightly lower altitude than the waypoint leading to them. And i would use a higher altitude too, more like 2500 or even higher than that to start with.

set y value of AttackZone at 2600 and the y value of WP to 2500

Y Attaczone > Y WP

-------------------------------------------------------------------

la altura del AttackZone tiene que ser mayor a la del WP 

Start the mission, press CTRL-R (record), wait a bit, press CTRL-R again (stop recording). Go to data/Tracks/<the tracks you just saved>/. The mission should be there.

Great information.
Thank you!

You set the area attack to 1 or 2 seconds, which means that the planes will attack for 1-2 seconds max. They can't dive bomb in that time.

Set for a few minutes and place the area attack commands at a slightly lower altitude than the waypoint leading to them. And i would use a higher altitude too, more like 2500 or even higher than that to start with.

I will change that.

Thanks!

set y value of AttackZone at 2600 and the y value of WP to 2500

Y Attaczone > Y WP

-------------------------------------------------------------------

la altura del AttackZone tiene que ser mayor a la del WP 

I ALWAYS set up my tests:

WP (1500) > AttackArea (1400 or less);

Never WP (1500) < AttackArea (1600)

I will try, thank you!

I tried that yesterday and didnt work for me. hopefully someone has better luck

Not sure what's wrong with your mission then. Here's a sample mission that works fine. A formation of two Stukas is attacking a group of trucks by dive bombing.

You can copy/paste all entities into your mission (simple ctrl+c and ctrl+v).

Stuka Test.zip

Edited by Matt
  • Upvote 1

Not sure what's wrong with your mission then. Here's a sample mission that works fine. A formation of two Stukas is attacking a group of trucks by dive bombing.

You can copy/paste all entities into your mission (simple ctrl+c and ctrl+v).

Thank you Matt!

I managed to make my mission work.

But I downloaded your to improve my.

Thank you all for your help.
All information helped a lot.

My big mistake was looking only for the Stukas and completely forgot that he had no targets in my tests.
Stupid mistake.

Stuka.jpg

Mission file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m4lebreb3mrgn4/Stuka_Dive_Bomb.rar?dl=0

Thats so funny! It crossed my mind when testing but i thought that having attack groud would be enough, so never got around to adding targets.

Glad to know it worked out!

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Just got a dive bombing mission to work perfectly:

WP 1 -> Wp 2 both at 4100 Meters

WP2 is about 5 km from attack area

Attack Area 

- 1700 Meters

- Attack Ground Targets (not attack ground)

- Small area (100 meters)

- Put a vehicle in the area as the target

The Stuka, much to my surprise descended from 4100 meters to about 3500.  Once over the area it rolled onto its back, dove vertically and dropped.

Note: only 1 plane is included.  I let the autopilot fly it to test the AI.

Mission is attached.

Stuka.zip

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Upvote 1

This worked nicely for me as well. Although I increased the time to 10 min