Zak

Game version 1.102 discussion: Macchi in early access

Version 1.102: Macchi in early access

Earlier today the 1.1.02 update has been released. It's full content you can find below. The main features are Macchi in BOM's early access and a package of several specific improvements.

1. MC.202 series 8 is available to all players who pre-ordered premium edition of Battle of Moscow and is now participating in the early access;

2. A sound bug at all Bf 109’s was fixed, and engine should sound different when under stress load (at same revs but with different prop pitch;

3. Bomb release sequence changed for 50kg bombs used on German fighters;

4. “Distant landscape texture details” graphic option should be some more effective;

5. The fuel tank simulation was improved to predict correctly how much of the remaining fuel can be pumped to the engine before it falls into negative G;

6. Ground troops were taught how to use signal flares more adequately;

7. Aim assist feature should now work independently from the Bomb and Rocket sight option;

8. Bad ping limiter should work not only at start but also during a match, giving the user a chat warning and then removing them from the server);

9. The F2 camera was tuned properly not to let one zoom into the plane, or invert it when the plane’s parked;

10. The missing gun reloading sounds that were missing have been fixed.

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 9

Looks awesome :biggrin:

My vacation litterally cannot end soon enough :P

• Upvote 1

Awesome plane, love the gun sounds

bomBOMbomBOMbomBOMbomBOMbomBOMbom

That black cockpit interior looks mean, but boy is it heavy-framed. Not nearly as great a view as I would've thought. Still easier to check six than in the 109 though.

• Upvote 3

I flew Macchi just a little bit before..

I had good feeling sansation.found the plane stable and good rolling too.

The 12,7 seems well setted and I v try only vs AI...

IMO the plane seems really good but I' v to extend my testing plane with her..

The cockpit is wonderful ...

At moment I can say you made great job..

Thank you

REGARDS

Edited by ITAF_Rani

Has anyone tried out the improved terrain rendering at distance?

Has it remedied/solved the issue since last update?

Funny,I have customer audit from Daimler at work today.I will ask them what they think about marriage of designo italiano with their former product :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update.

mc 202 is interesting plane to flight or fight in .

but the reworked F2 view is dissapontement for me. it was better before. I liked to zoom closer. its not possible now.

Anyway good work team.

9IDjgvt.jpg

I thought the Folgore had never used the MG 151/20s in combat, only for testing ?

• Upvote 2

Significant improvement to terrain :) is really looking the best it ever has, the update will not remove the .cfg file if you have used that tweak/mod previously so to see the improvements you must remove it manually

Seem to be some decent performance improvements as well, although difficult to prove as I am running different settings than before

202 will be a new favourite for many! Great update!

Cheers Dakpilot

Significant improvement to terrain :) is really looking the best it ever has, the update will not remove the .cfg file if you have used that tweak/mod previously so to see the improvements you must remove it manually

Seem to be some decent performance improvements as well, although difficult to prove as I am running different settings than before

202 will be a new favourite for many! Great update!

Cheers Dakpilot

Good to hear :)

Awesome plane, love the gun sounds

bomBOMbomBOMbomBOMbomBOMbomBOMbom

Nice job! It really is a fun plane to fly.

• Upvote 1

I thought the Folgore had never used the MG 151/20s in combat, only for testing ?

It is the same scenario as with Sh 37mm cannon pods on IL2 (9 built in such config) and 37mm for stukas.Just experimental.Any sound server master will lock them as loadout possibility in historic scenarios/full real servers.

2. A sound bug at all Bf 109’s was fixed, and engine should sound different when under stress load (at same revs but with different prop pitch;

This one might deserve some more investiogation. Did test it both ingame and with FMod software and both times noticed some strange noise whenever engine load applies (sort of like a danymo spinning at high RPM). The sound is clearly noticeably between the 0.8 and 1.42 ata range. To me it sounds strange/worse than before so I hope this is considered as being worked on.

No changes noticed for unloaded engine sounds.

Its certainly fun to fly, engine sounds kinda disappointing as usual! Great job apart from that though! :)  

It is the same scenario as with Sh 37mm cannon pods on IL2 (9 built in such config) and 37mm for stukas.Just experimental.

The Sh-37 was used operationally on the Il-2:

Nevertheless, between December 1942 and January 1943, a limited production run of nine Il-2s armed with Sh-37 guns was delivered to the 688th Attack Air Regiment (ShAP) of the 228th Attack Air Division (16th Air Army) for military trials. These aircraft took part in the combat around Stalingrad that winter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shpitalny_Sh-37#History

I would just like to say a big thank you to the dev's for the massive improvements to the terrain in this update. The tar pits are gone  and the rivers and waterways look so much better than they did with the "eyeliner" effect now removed that we had prior to this update.

I know I moaned overly much about the terrain issues but credit where credit is due and you have done a wonderful job.

:salute:

• Upvote 1

The quality of the cockpit and exterior model looks noticably better than the other planes (apart from the struts, which are low res textures and that together with the strong weathering effect drags the overall visual quality down quite a bit). But like most other Italian planes, it just doesn't really thrill me. It might become the plane i spend the least time in overall.

I noticed some weird tendency for the plane to stall when rolling hard right. Not sure why that is.

But now i'm even more looking forward to the other planes, especially if they will be as well modelled as this one.

• Upvote 1

Can you take a screen capture for us daytime workers?

Here you go - each with armored windscreen:

2x50T

PDApgNu.png

2x100T

7MibVw2.png

2x7.7mm - a bit unspectacular ^^

VpLkVhW.png

2x20mm

ae7mpE1.png

• Upvote 3