Sign in to follow this  
Leaf

So you want your Bf 109 to have a spiral spinner?

Hi everyone, 

long time no see; I decided to make my 1001st post something constructive and helpful to someone (I hope).

I've seen quite a few people try and make spiral spinners for the 109's, which is quite difficult, considering the design of the template. I have too, but they were never really good enough for me, always compromising somewhere or simply not looking like a spiral spinner should. 

So after many, many hours, and help by golani79, I've finally finished what I consider to be a pretty good spinner for the 109. 
It's not perfect, and I'll probably continue tweaking it slightly, but I've finally got it to a standard with which I am pleased. 

Here's what it looks like in-game:

Stationary:

post-22725-0-50686000-1435776075_thumb.jpg     post-22725-0-03474200-1435776084_thumb.jpg

Animated:

post-22725-0-39471500-1435776091_thumb.jpg     post-22725-0-71610600-1435776103_thumb.jpg

So for anyone wanting a spiral spinner on the best aircraft ever made,  

you can download the .psd for the spinner here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nslwf8nx840g23/Bf109G2%20spiral%20spinner.psd?dl=0 , it works for both the G2 and the F4.

Enjoy skinning and see you online,

Leaf

• Upvote 10

Well you already know what I think of you're skins Leaf

Terrific stuff & +1 with JG5_ChiefWH I'm going to load up that standard flat grey skin too.

Now need to start reading the skinning guides to see how I can export this spinner to other skins where the spinner just does not work

• Upvote 1

Very nice indeed!

I really like the 'flat' grey of the rest of  it, is that a full skin you made or is it a kind of 'default'?

Apologies if this is a daft question,

Mr No-Idea-On-Skinning

Thanks man; that's the default metal colour you get on the plane when you remove all the RLM paint. I basically just removed all other layers to keep the prop template as clean and un-cluttered as possible. :)

Love your skins Leaf! I always pick one of yours when I fly the 109s! Thanks!

Thank you, glad to hear it! 

Well you already know what I think of you're skins Leaf

Terrific stuff & +1 with JG5_ChiefWH I'm going to load up that standard flat grey skin too.

Now need to start reading the skinning guides to see how I can export this spinner to other skins where the spinner just does not work

Thanks again, much appreciated! If ChiefWH and you really like that matt grey skin I can quickly PM you two a Dropbox link if ya like, and you can download it from there?

That is a very good looking spinner, Leaf. Makes me want to take the 109 out for a spinney.

The plane should also go a bit faster now that you have removed all that heavy, rough paintwork.

• Upvote 1

If ChiefWH and you really like that matt grey skin I can quickly PM you two a Dropbox link if ya like, and you can download it from there?

Sounds good to me Leaf I spent a bit of the morning looking at PSD to DDS convertors and vice versa, my head started to swim & nothing seemed to work satisfactorily.

If you get the time to convert and Dropbox that would be nice

Good job !

Gonna try it soon !

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

In case you folks want a later spiral, the thinner one that was also on Hartmann's G-6, or you want a one third white, two third black spinner, feel free to use my template  :salute:

https://www.mediafire.com/?yab5r6h70kcrzbz

2015_7_4_17_11_29.jpg

2015_7_4_17_7_57.jpg

2015_2_14_15_23_10.jpg

Edited by Reflected
  • Upvote 3

Both look excellent. Thx guys.

hello

i'm looking for a Hurricane spinner PSD to use in Gimp .

cheers

hello

i'm looking for a Hurricane spinner PSD to use in Gimp .

cheers

Hi dog1.  :)

Maybe you should head over into the ATAG-Forum's Skinning section and ask your question again there. 

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44&s=3c21645ef5c0781825b2775222e50a5c

Your chances to get an answer will increase, because there is a Hurricane in the game discussed there (Cliffs of Dover), while there is none (yet) in the game discussed here (BOS/BOM/BOK). :)

Edited by JG4_dingsda