Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 37

Dear Pilots!

Every Friday we publish new IL2:BOS Developer blog notes in which we tell you about the complex and exciting process of creating the new flight-sim. We’ve already shared a lot of info that is often kept under wraps; we’ve talked about technology and our approach; we’ve shown gameplay footage and even had live streams in the early alpha-version of the project.

And today we reveal the secret that have been surely making you restless: when will we open the early access and show you the game? However, before we do that, first things first.

As it was announced before, the initial pre-order program is coming to its end. It will be shut down on November 11th, which means that everyone wishing to become the IL2:BOS Founder has about 4 more weeks to obtain the pre-order and all the bonuses it guarantees. Within a few days after November 11th the early access will be open; all necessary details about it and how it’s going to happen will surely be announced beforehand.

When the pre-order program closes our store will be updated and it will offer only the Premium Edition for the price of $94.99. Purchasing it will instantly grant the owner an invitation to the early access program, but unfortunately it will not provide them with bonuses and special community status of the Founders. We've also set the price for the game at launch in spring 2014: $59,99 for Standard edition and $99,99 for Premium edition.

This is a big step forward for the project as it carries us into the next development stage. We’re very grateful to everyone who helped us make this step. We were not confident that we would make it that far without your help. The entire studio thanks you for your help and support!

Yes, a lot has been done already, but a lot still needs to be accomplished. New people, new ideas and new opportunities come to us, however our path remains the same and we’re steadily reaching for the goal. It’s great to know that a lot more interesting tasks and challenges are waiting for us, as well as more small victories, on our path to birth a new flight-sim. We are truly eager to carry on this legendary game series.

Here we suggest you a short gameplay video showing the on-going multiplayer tests in IL2BOS:

Meanwhile the final vote for the exclusive Bf 109 F-4 skin has began! Don't forget to make your choice in this poll:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1677-unique-skin-bf-109-f-4-final-poll/

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 5

Whoop!

Houston, we have a date.

Oh, and nice sound. Too bad the fly-by still doesn't work up close.

Edited by Finkeren

Bello. :salute:

P.S. I'm sorry but i miss when early access start. :mellow:

Bello. :salute:

P.S. I'm sorry but i miss when early access start. :mellow:

'A few days after 11th November'

Still extending the pre order....Make a cut and give it to us! :/ ( Unless the brakes still dont work yet and we cant shoot, or the DM is stil like in Rof[ planes wont really get destroy if they hit the ground, even with 300kmh and 90° angle] then keep it :D ) 

Edited by ZG26-HeTzeR

I'm sorry to say this but I couldn't care less of the outside sound. What I'm interesting is how it sounds in the cockpit.

CloD had great outside sounds of engines too (last time I played it several moths ago) but when I sit inside the e.g. 109 it sounded more like cleaner than engine.

Updated the post according to press-release - release prices added.

Worst case scenatio but still very exciting. At least i have some time to finish my custom switchpanel. Thanks for the update!

Worst case scenatio but still very exciting. At least i have some time to finish my custom switchpanel. Thanks for the update!

Don't forget to post a pic!

Good to finally know the release date. Looking forward to seeing all the fan videos on the net.

Thanks for the info, and I too love that sound! Looking forward to mid-Nov!!

OK, thanks for the update. so far we can say: 1. worst case according to B6 2. Not any shot fired from one of the planes in a video nor bombs or anything (OK promo video has some but are they ingame??). 100$ is quite a price, would be OK if this means the entrance into the new shining IL2-Sturmovik world with all its battlefields and szenarios, would be pretty expencive if Kuban/Moscow and others cost 50$ each..

Lets see, 15th of November gives us plenty of time for RoF & CloD & vacancy timeplans :salute:

Best, Allons!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update. The release is a little further off then we were hoping for of course, but it is what it is. The full retail price is also a little surprising. I suppose video game prices have to go up eventually with inflation, just didn't expect BoS to be one of the first games to take that plunge into the $100 territory.

Whoop!

Houston, we have a date.

Oh, and nice sound. Too bad the fly-by still doesn't work up close.

I'm bit disappointed to sound to be honest. It's more like two low-revving passenger planes flying than two well over thousand hp v-12 powered fighters dogfighting, in my opinion.

well, well.. there goes the "early autumn access" pre-ordering was supposed to lend towards.. 15th November is hardly early autumn, actually is almost early winter (two weeks shy off, if it won't be even shorter). probably a sign of the things to come (read more delays).

anyway, having a clear date is better than daily refreshing, so see you all in CoD until then :)

thank you for letting us know.

Edited by adonys

Within a few days after November 11th the early access will be open

A few days. Well, given that "Few" numerically, can mean anything between two and not generally more than six (i.e. a small number) and that the 11th November is a Monday, I think that Friday the 15th may well be the day (he said hopefully :scratch_one-s_head: ).

It's the well established day of the week for updates & announcements etc, it's the start of the weekend and 4 days after the 11th which falls nicely into the "few" category. 

Of course all this is speculation but if I were a betting man, I might have a flutter on that date :)

Devs - am I right?? :biggrin::unsure:

And when we..standard edition preorders (me before 1st of october) will have early access to the game?.....earlier it was said in "winter"....

Edited by Tvrdi

The astronomical winter (Northern Hemisphere) 2013 begins on Saturday, December 21 and ends on Wednesday, March 19 apparently so you still have some time Tvrdi.

well, well.. there goes the "early autumn access" pre-ordering was supposed to lend towards.. 15th November is hardly early autumn, actually is almost early winter (two weeks shy off, if it won't be even shorter). probably a sign of the things to come (read more delays).

anyway, having a clear date is better than daily refreshing, so see you all in CoD until then :)

thank you for letting us know.

We have a bitter joke here in Czech Republic. It's based on our experience with Soviet Union.

But it fits the realese date of BoS. In country where October revolution was in November, Lenin's real name was Ulyanov, Stalin's Dzhugashvily, tomorrow means today, temporary means more than 20 years and where they say it's brotherhood help when they occupy your country, it shouldn't be surprising that "early autumn" means middle of November in fact.  ;)  

Edited by II./JG1_Pragr

I pre-ordered the Standard Edition am I also going to be able to play soon after November 11?

Edited by devastat

So, I have to take a couple of days off starting November 12th, to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to it. I also noticed and very much appreciated that you finally got rid of the - in the Bf 109. :)

For how long does my premium edition I pre-ordered as a gift remain valid, can I still give it to one of my buddies as a Christmas present or would that mean trouble?

The astronomical winter (Northern Hemisphere) 2013 begins on Saturday, December 21 and ends on Wednesday, March 19 apparently so you still have some time Tvrdi.

tnx Uther

In Russia winter 2013 begins on December 01 and ends on February 28. We use these dates in our work.

I pre-ordered the Standard Edition am I also going to be able to play soon after November 11?

No, buyers of the Standard Edition will get early access in winter 2013.

In Russia winter 2013 begins on December 01 and ends on February 28. We use these dates in our work.

No, buyers of the Standard Edition will get early access in winter 2013.

November IS winter in Russia (and here in Finland). Grr...

Anyway, joking aside thanks for the reply :)

Edited by devastat

3 or 4 week to the first distribution, (I think so), and we haven't a video with damage model in air combat. For me it's strange, may be they're waiting till one week before the first beta distribution

Great video, like all, but without complete combats.

For me it's the only point that I need to purchase the pre-order

Thx for the update!

I have to say that planes never before in history of flight sims were sounding better than in this video. Bravo! Finally no flying lawn mowers any more.

Great sound, but I´m impatietly waiting for the damage model and smoke/fire effects!

• Upvote 1