All of this is more complex than it should be, but it's not difficult. But it DOES make testing MP missions seriously time-consuming. Grrrrr! 

Indeed, it's a PITA.

Indeed, it's a PITA.

At least you can do a lot if not all the testing as SP. I find once a coop runs its in thd lap of the Gods and can turn out very differently to the testing. Particularly when someone on comms was lost could not see anyone and turned out to be following way points in reverse order, causing mayhem with the triggers.

Ohhh how I chuckled......

A multiplayer mission on the Moscow Autumn map focussed on tanks. Enjoy!

Note: When played with icons ON, player-controlled attack planes and tanks have icons turned off.

A good mission length is 90minutes, but that's not enforced by the mission logic. It works with 60min, too, but it's a bit tight.

Edited by coconut

If someone has the zips for StukasOverStalingrad on VolkaBombing on their PC, I'd be glad if they could send me a copy. I had a drive die on me a few months ago, and it seems all my copies of these missions were on there. The attachments for these missions in this thread are no longer valid.

Never mind, I know see there is another ZIP with multiple missions which contains this one. Phew!

I've updated the top post with a new multiplayer mission with tanks on the Moscow map:

Edited by coconut

Coconut, have you found from hosting mission that there is a linear relationship between the processor speed and the delay tick ? 1ghz gives 6 ms, and 3ghz gives 2ms for same instance (all other things equal) in a mission? Or not really?

Coconut, have you found from hosting mission that there is a linear relationship between the processor speed and the delay tick ? 1ghz gives 6 ms, and 3ghz gives 2ms for same instance (all other things equal) in a mission? Or not really?

I don't know, and I don't really feel like doing the experiment, too lazy for that, sorry :unsure: But I would expect that to be the case.

I can't say if it's linear or not, but the processor can decrease the tick delay which is very important.

Thanks Coconut,

can't wait to try out the updates single player missions.

Cheers

Updated Gzhatsk missions for 2.006c. Enjoy!

Thanks for hosting your lobby coconut, I am thinking of starting to make missions myself, if I manage to make any, can I submit them to you somehow for testing or use in your lobby?

Hames123, I won't put missions on my server unless I have confidence in the author's capability to produce a reasonably bug-free mission. As you are yourself saying that you are new to this, I don't think I would run one of your missions.

Coconut Question!

Was looking at your archive of multiplayer missions and was thinking about using some of them on our WWCOOP flying nights on Tuesday.

Do the missions have some AI enemies or do you rely on live enemies to be playable?

Would you point me towards a particular mission if we like to fly as a squad on one side? We will host as an open server so others can join, but some multiplayer missions are more flyable than others as COOP's

Uploaded a coop mission, see first post.

Checklist for hosting your server:

• Be aware I'm not an IT guy. The advice below is provided as is, don't trust me, don't blame me.
  • Write down ports from settings > multiplayer in the game.
  • Check the game sees only one IP on your PC, if not make sure it uses the correct one (e.g. if your PC or laptop is configured for both ethernet and wifi, or you have two ethernet ports)
  • Forward both ports in your router, TCP + UDP. Actually download port does not need UDP, but the simpler the better. Some routers claim you can specify ranges (e.g. 28000-28100), but in a least one case this did not work. Better specify ports one by one, you only need the 2 of them, not the full range.
  • Open inbound connections in firewall, TCP and UDP, both ports

I've had some trouble getting my PC properly set up. I did the following changes to my firewall rules, which may not be necessary, but worth trying:

• Wait a minute or two. It seems change don't always get applied immediately.
  • Allow all profiles (Domain, Private, Public). Preferably temporarily. Especially in the case of a laptop that you use with public wifis, do not keep Public enabled.
    advanced.JPG
  • Edge traversal: Allow edge traversal or Defer to application. I was changing that when things started working, might have been a coincidence.

Normally you should have inbound rules specified for il2.exe. If those do not work, make new ones that are valid for all applications, but only the ports used by IL-2

firewall-2.JPG

firewall-3.JPG

Edited by coconut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/02/2017 at 3:40 PM, coconut said:

From the top of my head: stukas over Stalingrad, istra, staritsa, early invasion

Just done "early invasion". What a superb mission, and the fact that the enemies spawn in pairs makes it even better. Most MP maps seems made for lonewolfs whilst in yours it really makes a difference to have a wingman. Great job! Can't seem to get Istra out of the blue solour though, i have tried editing the atmosphere in editor but no go.

Edited by Thor_Hansen

On 3/23/2018 at 3:03 PM, jlan5031jlan5031 said:

any chance these missions will be updated to the latest?

I tried getting Ratas and Stukas working with the delete msnbin trick but they won’t even load up in the mission editor.  They probably require some more in depth work.