HROCH

Keyboard Flight Control

😮 Flight control with keyboard only

HOW TO RESET PITCH, YAW & RUDDER CONTROLL TO CENTER POSITION ?

Edited by LukeFF

Hi, you better get somekind of joystick. Anything will do basicly, for example Thrustmaster T16000 would be a good choise to start flying :)

:O Flight control with keyboard only

-snip-

[Edited]

You're going to need a joystick or some type of analogue controller.

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 1

It's going to be tricky, I'm afraid. One of the great things about this sim is it's "feeling of flight". It's difficult to get the hang of, even with lots of dedicated flight-sim kit, but it's so so rewarding. But it's hard to capture that "feeling of flight" with just the keyboard. Personally, I get as big a kick out of greasing a good landing as I do from shooting down one of the bad guys.

Anyway, try and persevere, and give the game a chance. If you don't ahve a joystick, you should probably use all the aids in the "difficulties" settings, just to get up and start exploring the maps. Lots to do, lots to learn!

Oh, and give this forum a chance! Not everyone's as patronising as the people who just can't wait to lecture you on how you need a joystick (even if it's true!  :P ).

Edited by No601_Swallow

I don't know if you have Rise of Flight which is the predecessor of this game. It has a free demo version and features mouse control for the aircraft. BoS does not at the moment.

Also instead of an actual joystick any console style gamepad with thumb sticks would be better than the keyboard.

Edited by SharpeXB

you could always try a virtual joystick that transform your mouse input to a virtual joystick output, that would be fun to try :)

U can get a basic joystick for about £10 a semie decent one for £20-50 and then ur looking at £100 + for big boys toys. There is a stick for any price range and tbh they are all perfectly good for a beginer. It's kinda like if u start playing any sport, u don't go and buy the best £5000 golf clubs when u first start, u get a £100 set and use them until u get better and realise that actually u could do with them being lighter stronger ....

...its like buying Project Cars and then steer with the keyboard....

well each to its own I guess but like racing this is a sim and yes you need the other gadgets too

and in this case anything less then HOTAS is insufficient for that level of immersion needed

to fully enjoy a sim IMO.

*coffe-break*

*Good morning*

If you're on the budget, I'd recommend simple joystick up to 40-50€ (you got a few in that price range) and any form of head track solution (there are some much cheaper alternatives to TrackIR) for good enough enjoyment of this and similar games.

HOTAS, TIR, pedals, quadrants and what not can come later on if you get hooked enough on sims...

But really don't bother with keyboard because you will only come to conclusion that it's a bad game, and it is not. It's just not suited for such input device.

Hi, just answer the question : LCtrl + T

:O I FLY WITH KEYBOARD BECAUSE I AM THE FLYING ACE  :cool:

:blink: In previous version [ IL-2 Sturmovik ] the ROLL, PITCH & YAW  control return to back ( center ) position after release key.

Hi, just answer the question : LCtrl + T

Isn't this just to reset trims?

YES BUT IS NOT FOR YAW, ROLL & PITCH AUTO CENTER POSITION AFTER RELEASE KEY

:O Trim allows the pilot to relax. A pilot who cannot trim will be an exhausted pilot in a short time. For autopilot.

:O I FLY WITH KEYBOARD BECAUSE I AM THE FLYING ACE  :cool:

I highly doubt anyone believes that. Bottom line, you need a joystick, and a simple one will suffice just fine.

And again, please stop with the ALL CAPS. 

:) I HAVE ONE

SAITEK CYBORG X

THX

Please check your PMs.

Because, flying with the keyboard is the FUTURE :) >> Fly with keyboard in UFO kokpit  :biggrin: all DIRECTIONS :wacko:

Hi, i hate to upload a old topic, but now is 2020, there's any solution to play with keyboard? Has been some years i didn't play IL-2, and now i get the new version and the controls are so different. It's like i has trimming the plane. It didn't back to neutral for itself. I used to play using only keyboard and i can fly very well only with it. Even win some dogfights sometimes.

I tried install vJoy, but it didn't works on me (It fail to create a virtual joystick). There is another software do emulate a joy?

I know IL-2 it's a simulator and bla, bla, bla, but i learned to play it only with keyboard. Just for fun sometimes.

A video (filmed with a potato) from 14 years ago, i playing with keyboard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8tsr9PnYrk

On 2/26/2020 at 9:29 PM, ZCC said:

Hi, i hate to upload a old topic, but now is 2020, there's any solution to play with keyboard? Has been some years i didn't play IL-2, and now i get the new version and the controls are so different. It's like i has trimming the plane. It didn't back to neutral for itself. I used to play using only keyboard and i can fly very well only with it. Even win some dogfights sometimes.

I tried install vJoy, but it didn't works on me (It fail to create a virtual joystick). There is another software do emulate a joy?

I know IL-2 it's a simulator and bla, bla, bla, but i learned to play it only with keyboard. Just for fun sometimes.

A video (filmed with a potato) from 14 years ago, i playing with keyboard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8tsr9PnYrk

Why punish yourself with a keyboard? There is a mouse control option.