Sign in to follow this  

Suggestive typo!  ;)

There's a variety of, erm city blocks of various sizes and shapes. If I recall correctly, they're under the "buildings" tab, and you can see a tiny preview in the little window in the bottom right of the ME screen.

By the way, there are some interesting oddities - for instance, the citadel from V. Luki is there, as well as a cemetery and even a "stadium" (actually just a football pitch!).

Also, don't forget that you can "import" all of Stalingrad, or all of the villages/bridges/airfields onto the main map or the little maps through - from memory - the "File" menu - import from file -... 

(I don't have access to the game at the moment, so hopefully someone else will be along soon to complete the information!)

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 1

There's a lot that's not obvious in the mission editor. It's not hard, but it's not "intuitive". As I've said before, I've found the ROF tutorials by Bob Vanderstock on youtube to be a great introduction to the basics of mission building.

Again, it's not hard, but it's not obvious what to do. (In addition to placing the objects like in IL2, for instance, you also have to tell each object what it's supposed to do through "MCUs". They're not difficult to use, and very soon you'll be constructing cool little flow-charts (at least that's the way I think of them) instructing each object what to do, when to do it, what else to trigger, etc. Again, it's not hard, but there are lots of little details that it's easy to forget until your used to them.)

Have fun! It's really satisfying to make a mission, find everything's working fine, admire your own handiwork - look at that fire fight! Look at those Stukas attacking that thing! Look at the flare that went off! Look at those friendles doing a circuit! - and then send it off to chums in your squadron to fly. Whisper it - I prefer mission building to flying! (I did in CloD too!)  :rolleyes: