coconut

Complex trigger "Object fired flare"

Does anyone know if/how the filter flag and the associated event work?

I wanted to use it in a multiplayer mission I'm developing, but it does not seem to work. If somebody has succeeded, I'd love to hear about it.

The setting I'm using:

mission end -> timer 15s -> complex trigger, on object fired flare -> timer 0s -> date time (sunset) -> the rest (turn on lights)

The complex trigger has "object fired flare" selected in the right panel, the middle left panel has "Russians" listed, the outgoing event is "on object fired flare".

For the curious, I could use the "on object entered alive" flag and corresponding event instead, but I find it bizarre that in order to help a pilot find a runway, it is expected that some operator on the ground spots an aircraft in the night sky, even with navigation and landing lights turned off.

I also want to use flares for ground target spotting: The pilot flies within 1000m of the ground object, fires a flare, and as a result an artillery group 5-7km away starts focussed fire on the spotted target.

The first use case is not a big deal, I can live with the usual alternative based on entering a zone, but I'd like to get the second use case working.

Hello

I tested also this trigger and according to my test it didn't work.

Same with am object dropping bombs...Haven't tested it when AI drops bombs, though.

Also, you're starting your group with "mission end" as you describe it on your post. I hope that's just a typo...it should be mission begin.

That was a typo, I'm actually starting with mission begin. Thanks for the confirmation. I've filed a bug report in the technical forum, multiplayer pinned topic.

Is it possible to use the complex trigger with AIs? I've never got it working, but haven't tried too hard. Does one need to check the "check vehicles" and/or "check entities" boxes?

The complex triger works with AI, but you have to check entity and vehicle.

• Upvote 1

Yep, the complex trigger isn't AI/player sensitive. It works with anything. Also works well with named units so you can get super specific on which action does what with which unit.

buenos días, tengo algunas consultas sobre el complex trigger. Estaba pensando en realizar una mision cooperativa en la cual se necesita unos vuelos de reconocimiento para encontrar los objetivos, pero solo quiero que se activen si cierto tipo de avion pasa por ahi. Ejemplo un F4 empty. 

¿Es posible reconecer que tipo de avion pasa por el complexTrigger y su armamento?.

¿Como puedo hacer para reconocer que este activo el trigger? ya que me gustaria que las cosas se activaran cuando este aterriza vivo.

Disculpen el idioma y gracias

Translete GOOGLE

good morning, I have some questions about the trigger complex. I was thinking of making a cooperative mission in which some reconnaissance flights is needed to find the goals, but I just want to be activated if a certain type of plane passes through there. Such an F4 empty.

Is it possible to recognize what type of plane that passes through the complexTrigger and weapons ?.

How I can do to recognize this asset the trigger? because I like things to be activated when this land alive.

Excuse the language and thanks

gracias Habu, supongo que para diferenciar el tipo de avion se usa "Object script list". Que diferencia hay entre los siguientes scripts bf109f4, y bf109f4-c

Translate Googel

Habu thanks, I guess to differentiate the type of aircraft "Object script list" is used. That the difference between these scripts bf109f4 and bf109f4-c

Do not use the -c version.

Hello.

Got a question. Is it possible to use complex trigger for Single Player mode? ...'cause it gives more opportunities for player to communicate with artificial "world".

PS. I have the manual for RoF editor but it never describes complex trigger...

Thanx in advance.

Edited by samson

Yes, it can be used in SP if you have "check entities" ticked.

• Upvote 1

Same with am object dropping bombs...Haven't tested it when AI drops bombs, though.

Also, you're starting your group with "mission end" as you describe it on your post. I hope that's just a typo...it should be mission begin.

~S~ Fellows,

I can confirm that "OnPlaneBingoBombs" in the Events Table linked to a "Land" MCU, works like a charm, with the Ai.

I've used it in a mission with Level Bombers (He111 & Pe2). They drop and then immediately proceed home to landings.

Keep it Level,

S! -Jupp- :salute: