7./SchG2_v*Athlon

7./Schlachtgeschwader 2

j78v4it6sbfh.jpg

Guten Tag Kameraden,

Das NEUE virtuelle Schlachtgeschwader 7./Sch.G.2 wird so bald die BoS-Beta zur Verfügung stehen, aktiv.

Die Sitzbereitschaft wird dann aufgehoben.

Wir sind eine Gruppe von Piloten die aus der Offline- sowie Onlinefliegerei kommen.

Dort wurde dann zum Beispiel Asse Europas, WWII Online, Il2FB oder auch Clod geflogen.

Bei uns steht der Spaß im Mittelpunkt und daher sind auch erfahrene Piloten wie auch unerfahren Piloten herzlich willkommen.

Wir sind im Sturmovik.de und IL-2 BoS- Forum aktiv und im eigenen  TS3:

schlachtgeschwader2.ddns.net

so wie im ausweich TS3

Sturmovik.de anzutreffen.

Einsatzstärke: 10 Piloten

Unsere eigene Homepage ist derzeitig eine Baustelle. :)

http://il2.wolverines-rebirth.de/index.php?news

Horrido !

Edited by 7./SchG2_v*Athlon
  • Upvote 16

Gut zu wissen Athlon, braucht Ihr im sturmovik.de TS noch einen eigenen Channel? Dann bitte PM. Grüße, Allons!

Guss Schlachtfliegern! 

Best wishes from Schl.G.1!

I got some info for You, mates:

History of II./Schl.G.2

II./Schl.G.2 was formed on 17.12.42 in Gleiwitz.

Werner "Prinzchen" Dörnbrack (former StaKa of 1./Sch.G.1 and one of the most espirienced Schlachtflieger at that time) was appointed Gruppenkomandeur.

post-1464-0-74746100-1381651794_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-12334400-1381652348_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-56441200-1381652354_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-74588700-1381652368_thumb.jpg

He took his previous Staffel Emblem (Mickey Mouse with an axe and pistol) to his new Gruppe, and reworked it, removing pistol, but giving to Mickey Mouse a diving bomb as a seat.

post-1464-0-88771900-1381651856_thumb.jpg

When formed, II./Schl.G.2 got only Bf109F-4/B JagdBomber version, and was on training cource first as Gleiwitz (from december 1942 to april 1943), where it started to receive Fw190A-5/U3 Fighter-bomber. After Gruppe received full strenght of Fw190A's, it moved to Itali - Brindizi (in april and may 1943) to continue fighter-bomber trainings.

When it was done and Gruppe was declared as operation-ready, in May 1943 it moved closer to front - to Milis to perform fighter-bomber attacks on english shipping to Malta.

On 08.05.1943 Staffelkapitan of 7./Schl.G.2 Oblt. Siegfried Basse was shot down in his Fw 190 A-5 near Tunis and was declared Missed in Action. Oblt. Hans-Henning  von Prittwitz und Gaffron became new Staffelkapitan, and led 7./Schl.G.2 to the end.

On 10.7.43 II./Schl.G.2 moved to Castelvetrano / Sicily as Operation Husky begun.

Fw190A-5/U3 of Ofw. Johanssen, 7./Schl.G.2, left damaged at hangar in Sicily, expected by American soldiers. Note Staffel Emblem.

post-1464-0-69764200-1381651863_thumb.jpg post-1464-0-06084800-1381651869_thumb.jpg post-1464-0-92911100-1381651873_thumb.jpg

post-1464-0-37962900-1381651879_thumb.jpg post-1464-0-81614300-1381651903_thumb.jpg

After Luftwaffe's fiasco at Sicily, II./Schl.G.2 already on 14.7.43 went to Vibo Valentia and on 20.7.43 - to Aquino. In augest 1943, II./Schl.G.2 flew back to Sardinia and, based at Ottana, again performed anti-shipping operations (specially in september 1943, when Allied Invasion of Italy begun.

In october 1943 Gruppe flew to Piacenza, and on 18.10.43 was renamed in I./SG4.

• Upvote 5

Gut zu wissen Athlon, braucht Ihr im sturmovik.de TS noch einen eigenen Channel? Dann bitte PM. Grüße, Allons!

Danke Alons,ich habe für das Sturmovik.de Administratorrechte.

Skydog und ich haben das schon besprochen.

Gruß SirAthlon

Guss Schlachtfliegern! 

Best wishes from Schl.G.1!

I got some info for You, mates:

History of II./Schl.G.2

II./Schl.G.2 was formed on 17.12.42 in Gleiwitz.

Werner "Prinzchen" Dörnbrack (former StaKa of 1./Sch.G.1 and one of the most espirienced Schlachtflieger at that time) was appointed Gruppenkomandeur.

attachicon.gifdornbrack2.jpgattachicon.gifdornbrack.jpgattachicon.gifdornbra1.jpgattachicon.gifdorn 1.jpg

He took his previous Staffel Emblem (Mickey Mouse with an axe and pistol) to his new Gruppe, and reworked it, removing pistol, but giving to Mickey Mouse a diving bomb as a seat.

attachicon.gif0-emblem-7_Sch_G_2-0A.jpg

When formed, II./Schl.G.2 got only Bf109F-4/B JagdBomber version, and was on training cource first as Gleiwitz (from december 1942 to april 1943), where it started to receive Fw190A-5/U3 Fighter-bomber. After Gruppe received full strenght of Fw190A's, it moved to Itali - Brindizi (in april and may 1943) to continue fighter-bomber trainings.

When it was done and Gruppe was declared as operation-ready, in May 1943 it moved closer to front - to Milis to perform fighter-bomber attacks on english shipping to Malta.

On 08.05.1943 Staffelkapitan of 7./Schl.G.2 Oblt. Siegfried Basse was shot down in his Fw 190 A-5 near Tunis and was declared Missed in Action. Oblt. Hans-Henning  von Prittwitz und Gaffron became new Staffelkapitan, and led 7./Schl.G.2 to the end.

On 10.7.43 II./Schl.G.2 moved to Castelvetrano / Sicily as Operation Husky begun.

Fw190A-5/U3 of Ofw. Johanssen, 7./Schl.G.2, left damaged at hangar in Sicily, expected by American soldiers. Note Staffel Emblem.

attachicon.gifSchG2-Yellow-O+-Ofw-Johannsen 1.jpg attachicon.gifSchG2-Yellow-O+-Ofw-Johannsen 12.jpg attachicon.gifSchG2-Yellow-O+-Ofw-Johannsen 123.jpg

attachicon.gifSchG2-Yellow-O+-Ofw-Johannsen 1234.jpg attachicon.gifSchG2-Yellow-O+-Ofw-Johannsen 12345.jpg

After Luftwaffe's fiasco at Sicily, II./Schl.G.2 already on 14.7.43 went to Vibo Valentia and on 20.7.43 - to Aquino. In augest 1943, II./Schl.G.2 flew back to Sardinia and, based at Ottana, again performed anti-shipping operations (specially in september 1943, when Allied Invasion of Italy begun.

In october 1943 Gruppe flew to Piacenza, and on 18.10.43 was renamed in I./SG4.

Gruß Schlachtflieger!

Sch.G.1_Panzerbar,thanks for the infomation.

Horrido!

:)

SirAthlon - we (Schl.G.1) use "Pauke-Pauke!" as a battlecry, because "Horrido!" is a battlecry of Jagdliegern, but not Schlachtfliegern.

P.S. When I formed my virtual squad, I researched the subjuct of designations.

From the British Air Ministry's Manual of German Air Force Terminology, Part VI Abbreviations, page 74, dated 1945-46:

Schl. - Schlacht

Schl.G. - Schlachtgeschwader

Sch. - Schutze, Schutzen, Schiess, Schuss, Schule, Schalter, Schalt...

So, I named my squad as SchlG1, not SchG1 :)

• Upvote 1

Information about StaffelKapitane is from my own lost of Commanding officers lists of Zerstorer and SchlachtGeschwadern. If interested, I will add more info.

I failed to find out any photo of Oblt. Hans-Henning von Prittwitz und Gaffron, but may be You have better chances, as You are germans (I am from Russia).

Info, that I found on him:

Oblt. Hans-Henning von Prittwitz und Gaffron

On 03.07.41  he was transferred to III./JG77 (to 10.41)

??.10.41 - at unknown unit

??.04.42 - Oblt., appt Staka 7./ZG 2 (to 20.12.42).

15.12.42 - Oblt., appt Staka 9.(or 7.?)/SKG 10 (to 03.01.43).

15.01.43 - Oblt.(d.R.), trf from III./SKG 10 to II./Schl.G. 2

08.05.43 - Oblt. and Staka 7./Schl.G.2

18.10.43 - appt Staka 3./SG 4 due to unit renaming.

11.03.44 - Oblt. and Staka 3./SG 4, KIA.

15.05.44 - Oblt., awarded the Ehrenpokal.

Credited with 7 victories.

• Upvote 1

von Prittwitz had 8 air victories.

I've found 3 of them:

03.07.1941 Oblt. Hans-Henning von Prittwitz Stab III./JG 77 ZKB-19 - 11.42 Eastern Front
23.07.1941 Oblt. Hans-Henning von Prittwitz Stab III./JG 77 I-16 - 5.3 Eastern Front
26.11.1942 Oblt. Hans-Henning von Prittwitz  7./ZG 2  Spitfire  Ј sudl. Koror: 100 m.  08.45  Anerk: ASM

• Upvote 2

For 3./SG4, Staffelkapitane after von Prittwitz were:

Lt. Ernst ZIBOLKA - MIA on 17.07.44

Oblt Robert RIEPRICH - KIA on 21.05.44.

Hptm Heinz JUNGCLAUSEN - KIA on 26.12.44 – in Fw 190 F (Yellow 2) shot down by fighters near Bad Salzig, crashing N of Soon Woods, during a mission to attack targets around Bastogne.
Credited with more than 1,000 combat missions. Awarded RK. Ju87 ace, was leader of Kommando Jungklausen - dosen of Ju87's, wich stood at Pitomnik airfield inside Stalingrad pocket.

• Upvote 1

Hi Panzerbar, 

You are right with the Battlecry, but for the short name our references were a bit different. 

Here are some webpages about it :

http://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Fw-190A/Fw-190A-SchG2-Yellow-O.html

http://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/schg2.html

http://www.ww2.dk/air/attack/schg2.htm

These were the only few references we can find in the web. And we are bit unhappy that we didn´t find a german book about the Schlachtflieger till now. In english it would be maybe a bit better. 

I think this book sounds interesting: http://www.airwarpublications.com/books/books or here a small sample http://www.airwarpublications.com/download/Sample%20-%20Fw%20190%20in%20the%20Battle%20for%20Sicily.pdf

Anyway, it is nice to meet another Schlachtflieger and we are always happy to learn more about it :).

Pauke Pauke 

• Upvote 1

Hi Panzerbar, 

You are right with the Battlecry, but for the short name our references were a bit different. 

Here are some webpages about it :

http://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Fw-190A/Fw-190A-SchG2-Yellow-O.html

http://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/schg2.html

http://www.ww2.dk/air/attack/schg2.htm

These were the only few references we can find in the web. And we are bit unhappy that we didn´t find a german book about the Schlachtflieger till now. In english it would be maybe a bit better. 

I think this book sounds interesting: http://www.airwarpublications.com/books/books or here a small sample http://www.airwarpublications.com/download/Sample%20-%20Fw%20190%20in%20the%20Battle%20for%20Sicily.pdf

Anyway, it is nice to meet another Schlachtflieger and we are always happy to learn more about it :).

Pauke Pauke 

Minion1_zpsc791019b.jpg

Ts ts ts schämt ihr euch nicht? Von den Kampffliegern zu moppsen?

bild8as3.jpg

Gruß vom traurigen Rest des II/KG 30

martinsigxk3.gif

Mikhael Holm's site is exellent in general, but contain micro errorst and some mistakes.

Focke-Wulf Fw 190 in the Battle for Sicily

This is exellent book, and is about SKG10 and II./Schl.G.2 in sloughter on 10 - 14.july 1943.

If You want, I can sent You some scans from 3 different books, with info about Your II./Schl.G.2 (and I./SG4, as it was Gruppe's new name after 16.10.1943). Sent me a PM.

Generally, Your Gruppe flew in Italy in 1943 and early 1944, then - on Eastern Front, then - in the West (Bastogne and Bodenplatte), and then back to East.

Edited by SchlG1_Panzerbar
  • Upvote 2

@ SchlG1_Panzerbar

This sounds interesting, because the sources were very limited like i wrote before  :)

@ Lord_Haw-Haw

Wenn Ihr in euren Möbelwagen dann unterwegs seid, werden wir euch gerne mit unseren Jabos begleiten und gemeinsam Pauke Pauke zelebrieren. 

Danach können wir euch auch gerne als fleißige Bienchen den Rücken freihalten ;) .

Edited by 7./Sch.G.2_BuRNeR
  • Upvote 2

@ SchlG1_Panzerbar

This sounds interesting, because the sources were very limited like i wrote before  :)

@ Lord_Haw-Haw

Wenn Ihr in euren Möbelwagen dann unterwegs seid, werden wir euch gerne mit unseren Jabos begleiten und gemeinsam Pauke Pauke zelebrieren. 

Danach können wir euch auch gerne als fleißige Bienchen den Rücken freihalten ;) .

Nun da ich im Moment scheinbar eher Einzelkämpfer bin wird es eher Angriffe auf diese Höhe geben:

Brucken-sau.gif

oder als kleines "Nachtgespennst":

Sonntag23.09101c.gif

Hmm punkto Jabos.....

JaboG34.gif

:cool:

• Upvote 1

I go something from Morten Jenssen, co-author of :'Fw 190 in the Battle for Sicily'"

The aircraft shown on the photos is Fw 190 A-5/U8 W.Nr 0150 1437 'Yellow O' of 7./Sch.G. 2, captured by the Allies at Catania airfield. This aircraft, piloted by Ofw. Johannsen, made a forced landing at Catania on 3 July due to engine problems, and was then damaged in a bombing raid on 4 July. Ofw. Johannsen continued to serve with the same Staffel when it became 3./SG 4 in October 1943.

• Upvote 2

:)

SirAthlon - we (Schl.G.1) use "Pauke-Pauke!" as a battlecry, because "Horrido!" is a battlecry of Jagdliegern, but not Schlachtfliegern.

P.S. When I formed my virtual squad, I researched the subjuct of designations.

From the British Air Ministry's Manual of German Air Force Terminology, Part VI Abbreviations, page 74, dated 1945-46:

So, I named my squad as SchlG1, not SchG1 :)

Hello mate,
In this book Schlachtgeschwader be abbreviated:
Page 18 - II./Sch.G.2
Page 28 - 7./Sch.G.2

In my book on  Fw 190 F and G fighter-bombers and attack aircraft, it is exactly the same.
dlnn95xwnli.jpg

So I am assuming that it is correct.

:salute:
Edited by 7./Sch.G.2_SirAthlon
  • Upvote 2

This is a document, dated jan.1943.

post-1464-0-57285100-1381833888_thumb.jpg

Note - instead of "official" 8.(Pz)/Schl.G.2, Oswald's Staffel is named 8./(Pz) S.G.2 ! :)

Next is a photo of Officers mess room, in Stalingrad area, of 4.(Pz)/Schl.G.1.

post-1464-0-11309100-1381833876_thumb.jpg

You see 4.(Pz)/S.G.1 :)

And all this is alsmost a 9 month before "Official" redesignation of Schl.G. into S.G.!

As I said, I saw only abbreviations S.G. and Schl.G., but never Sch.G.

I can only guess, that Sch.G. is a product of post-war "researchers" copied from book into book.

Edited by SchlG1_Panzerbar
  • Upvote 2

Stublerone reporting in and I am very impressed about the huge collection of historical information in our thread. Thank you very much, Panzerbar!!! We really appreciate your posts. Very interesting, especially for our SirAthlon! He is "sucking in" such information ... ;)

Auch nochmal auf deutsch: Ernst "Stubi" Stublerone meldet Sitzbereitschaft, auch wenn diese von Tag zu Tag immer unruhiger wird. Ich freu mich schon aufs Fliegen und kann es kaum mehr erwarten! :) Vielleicht kennen mich noch einige aus dem Bananenforum. Habe dort auch aktiv versucht an Diskussionen teilzunehmen. Der Aufwand hat sich leider nicht ausgezahlt und CloD wurde nur wenige Stunden in privater Runde gespielt.

Zur Vergangenheit:

Ich bin seit ca. ....ich weiß es nicht!! :) (schätzungsweise seit 6-7 Jahren) bei IL2 dabei. Ich habe aber insgesamt nicht annähernd die Flugstunden der anderen erreicht, da ich seit Release von CloD nicht mehr gespielt habe (weder CloD, noch Il2 1946). Einige Kampagnen und SEOW Missionen, sowie kurzzeitiger Siteadmin der Blauen in einer "Malta" SEOW auf Taktik Sims sind die Eckpfeiler, von denen mich einige vielleicht noch kennen.

Ich Grüße alle, die mich vielleicht noch kennen und freue mich auf ein Wiedersehen. *Pauke Pauke*! ;)

• Upvote 2

Habe soeben meinen Marschbefehl von unserem Kommodore SirAthlon erhalten.
Werde am 15. November um 0700 an unserem Fliegerhorst nähe Stalingrad eintreffen.

Horrido an alle Fliegerkameraden.

• Upvote 2

You should register there, it is very good Luftwaffe forum. One of the biggest.

Author of "F190 over Sicily" is onboard there, answering in that thread.

Auch ich habe meinen Marschbefehl erhalten und werde mich zum 15.11. auf dem Fliegerhorst einfinden.

Die schönen (warmen) Tage auf der Flugschule in Frankreich sind vorbei, Athlon hat gesagt ich soll mir

Winterkleidung einpacken. :)

Channel_suitM.jpg         1851_FlyingJacketWinterWeightOverWater.j

@Panzerbar:  Thanks for your input. Considering to register at Luftwaffe Experten Board.

S!

Edited by 7./Sch.G.2_Valkyr
  • Upvote 4

j78v4it6sbfh.jpg

Guten Tag Kameraden,

Das NEUE virtuelle Schlachtgeschwader 7./Sch.G.2 wird, so bald die BoS-Beta zur Verfügung steht, aktiv.

Die Sitzbereitschaft wird dann aufgehoben.

Wir sind eine Gruppe von Piloten die aus der Offline- sowie Onlinefliegerei kommen.

Dort wurde dann zum Beispiel Aces of Europe, WWII Online, Il2FB oder auch Clod geflogen.

Bei uns steht der Spaß im Mittelpunkt und daher sind auch weniger erfahrene Piloten herzlich willkommen.

Wir sind im Sturmovik.de und IL-2 BoS- Forum aktiv und im eigenen sowie Sturmovik.de TS3 anzutreffen.

Einsatzstärke: 10 Piloten

Unsere eigene Homepage ist derzeitig im Aufbau.

Horrido!

Very nice to see my emblems being used! I'm so glad you liked them and you honor me by using them!

=====

Sehr schön zu sehen, meine Embleme verwendet wird! Ich bin so froh, dass Sie mochte sie, und Sie ehren mich mit ihnen!

• Upvote 4

Very nice to see my emblems being used! I'm so glad you liked them and you honor me by using them!

=====

Sehr schön zu sehen, meine Embleme verwendet wird! Ich bin so froh, dass Sie mochte sie, und Sie ehren mich mit ihnen!

We are proud that you have created us this beautiful Geschwaderwappen.

Danke vielmals SPEKTRE!

Fliegergruß :salute:

• Upvote 1

Hallo zusammen. Bin auch hier angekommen,und froh darüber, daß  mit der JU87 D3 noch keine Prüfung stattfinden kann. :rolleyes:

Als Offlineflieger freue ich mich auf schöne Flüge. :):fly:

• Upvote 3

Oh, da werde ich mal unsere derzeitige Truppenstärke der bereits hier verewigten auflisten :) (alphabetische Reihenfolge) :

- BuRNeR

- SimonK

- SirAthlon

- Slide

- Stublerone

- Valkyr

Fehlen ja noch ein paar ;) , aber was auffällt das der Buchstabe S bis jetzt am stärksten vertreten ist. 

Passt aber zum -S-chlachtgeschwader :biggrin:  .

Edited by 7./Sch.G.2_BuRNeR
  • Upvote 1

So, melde mich zum Einsatz. Komme eigentlich aus der Zivilen Fliegerrei (FSX). Werd mich mal wohl mit den etwas grösseren Gerätschaften auseinandersetzen ;-)

Übrigens sieht die Homepage mitlerweile echt gut aus! Mein erster Trainingsflug mit 1946  endete leider etwas schnell, aber ein Meister ist ja auch noch nicht vom Himmel gefallen.

• Upvote 5

Hallo Kameraden,

wie ich sehe sind ja im Moment einige fleißig am ADW fliegen :).

In ca. 2 Monaten dürfte ich auch wieder einsatzbereit sein ;).

Und die Pilotenanzahl ist ja auch schon wieder etwas angestiegen :D.

Dann zähle ich nochmal durch:

- AthlonX

- BuRNeR

- Flesch

- Kuconir

- Nighthawk

- SimonK

- SirAthlon

- Slide

- Stublerone

- Valkyr

und Messerjockel fliegt auch noch mit uns ADW.

Da freue ich mich ja schon darauf auch bald wieder in den Stick zu greifen und mit euch zu fliegen.

• Upvote 1