Sign in to follow this  
Juri_JS

How to add images at the start of a mission?

According to the read me of update 1.010 it is possible to add images to a mission.

40. Flash objects and images can be used in custom missions via mission editor;

I would like to have a simple screen with some basic information at mission start that can be skipped, but how is it done?

Does anybody have a working group-file for adding images?

Veteran66's first bomber mission would be a good example to look at.

(I have managed to trigger an mp3 sound file - one of the old IL2'46 bomber announcements, as it happens - in a mission. It didn't do exactly what I wanted it to, but it was very straightforward to use the "play media" MCU to do it.)

Thanks for the advice. I have used a group by Veteran and was able to display an image, but the "Game is paused" message was displayed over it. I wonder if there is a way to avoid this.

I might be wrong, but I think the same thing happens with Veteran's missions. Pressing the standard 'P' button should unpause the game and - I think - make the "Game Paused" message disappear...? Apologies if I'm completely wrong!

[i wonder if, for an MP mission, an OnObjectSpawned event in a complex trigger might do the trick?]

The image - or Flash animation - is dependent of HUD on... Since I set P (un-pause/pause) for hidden the d*mm*d HUD...  :rolleyes:

BTW - Show the image/Flash has the benefice to hidden the object pop-up in the first seconds of mission.

If I remember correctly, the pause message isn't displayed in RoF when an image is shown at mission start, so this might be a bug in BoS.