Satchenko

Dserver system requirements

Hi!

I´m trying to host coop missions in a dedicated server with another PC.

The system is:

Core2duo E6750 2.66Ghz (OC at 3.2GHz)

Mother Asus P5b de Luxe

4GB DDR2 800mhz

VGA Geforce 210 1Gb RAM

What do you think guys? is enough power to host or I ´m in troubles with that hardware?

Honestly, I don't know, but my guess is - yes. It should be OK. I can run a DServer on the same machine as my game. My impression is it doesn't need a lot of computing power. But hopefully someone will answer who knows for sure.

It depends of how many people you want to host, and your bandwith which shoud be the limitation.

Here is what i monitor on Vercingetorix with 40 players and maybe 20 AI (i don't remind exactly).

The CPU goes to 3.43 (Xeon) and the ram a little bit over 4 GB.

The graphic card has no impact, most of the server used integrated chipset.

The dedicated server run on two phisical core, not hyperthreading core. I use Bill process manager to manage that parts with profil.

With your config, i think you could host almost ten players, if you have the bandwith.

Edited by Habu

Ok, the hardware is enough apparently then my problem is the bandwith i think... 12 Mbits/s download / 870 kbits/s upload... And i´m using the same connection to host and play... :/

You have to test by your own, but according to my experience with RoF, i think you could host 8 to 10 players. keep in mind that i didn't test to host at home for Bos, and if the engine is closed to RoF, it seems that BoS use more ressource than RoF.

The result can change by the kind of mission and if there are many object.

And what about the graphic display under dserver? What is it? cpu load? network load?  

Graphic is the ressource taking by the mission itself, not CPU or network load. For exemple, il you activate a group of 80 tank, you could a have a red line which means there are too much object, and that you could have some lag for your players.