TP_Jacko

Basic AAA defence on an airbase

Can anyone help with a basic example of setting up a AAA defence at an airbase. The example in the group sharing looks very complicated to a newbie maybe throw in a search light as well for night ops :)

Thanks

For SP - in simple way.

Set a Translator Mission Begin > Timer 3s > Trigger Check Zone > Searchlight

Dont forget to set Searchlight side for check for enemy planes  (German, Russian or Neutral - in this case all are "enemy"), and area size, e. g 2 km

Light.jpg

When a plane enter in the Check Zone area the Searchlight became track them.

Make another set for a AAA gun in place or Searchlight.

In red lines use "target" (the next object), in green lines use "object" and point for the next.

Edited by Sokol1

Thanks Sokol1, will this method also work for MP

Jacko, this is a check zone vs complex trigger thing! At the moment I'm using check zones for AI and SP and complex triggers for MP, but I really don't know. Gotta test test test!

Thanks Sokol1, will this method also work for MP

You have to use Complex trigger instead of check zone trigger.

I think I have both methods check zone and complex triggers working now in MP

Thanks

Here's a set of searchlight and flak lifted (yet again) from a campaign mission. It's quite involved...

flakandsearchlight_zps85zwj9jy.jpg

It's actually two sets of objects/triggers/etc side by side. (I'm going to try and pull it apart and discuss it in another thread, actually, because I have questions!)

It's quite handy. What it does is spawn (not activate) the flak and the searchlight (and starts them "attacking") when an aircraft (the side is defined in the checkzone's adv. properties) crosses the threshold, and it despawns (bins) them when an aircraft leaves the zone.

They'll only work for SP. I'm going to try and replicate them for MP. The group is here: https://app.box.com/s/k2aiu7xcuk5bhpugzc9d88m4kpyraejg

Probable for MP you need the Complex Trigger in place of Check Zone.

Ah yes, but since a single complex trigger can check both for things entering the zone and for things leaving the zone, maybe you just need one - and it all gets a bit simpler?.... Test test test test test..!

Flak works without any triggers , just place them and they will start fire if an opposite coalition plane appears. I ve tried them with check zone and complex trigger too ,but didn't notice any difrence in their behavior. Especially the small calibers which are maned with the lazyiest crews and you have to spit on their heads to start fire.

A note though, before sunrise hour 3As need searchlights to aim, or else they don't shoot at all.

Flak works without any triggers , just place them and they will start fire if an opposite coalition plane appears. I ve tried them with check zone and complex trigger too ,but didn't notice any difrence in their behavior. Especially the small calibers which are maned with the lazyiest crews and you have to spit on their heads to start fire.

A note though, before sunrise hour 3As need searchlights to aim, or else they don't shoot at all.

Ha I noticed that as well. I was testing the AAA group that spawns and disappears when you fly into the trigger....I was convinced they weren't working and was watching them with F5 which I took a direct hit to the cockpit and went down in flames.

They don't seem to fire at you hardly at all and the MG didn't fire once.

Ha I noticed that as well. I was testing the AAA group that spawns and disappears when you fly into the trigger....I was convinced they weren't working and was watching them with F5 which I took a direct hit to the cockpit and went down in flames.

They don't seem to fire at you hardly at all and the MG didn't fire once.

For the smaller caliber you need to set up a Command Attack Area with the Aircraft box checked. I set the distance to smaller range.

I have had good success doing this Command Attack Area for all calibers. In this way you don't have to fly into their "cone of fire". Rather they will begin to shoot at you when you enter the range set by the Attack Area Command from different directions.

Although it seems to work best to set up flak based on their "cone of fire" around Airfields. When having multiple flak positions.

Is this in an MP mission or SP or both :)

In general the check zone trigger is for SP and complex trigger mcu for MP. They virtually do the same thing. (Quoting hassasin)