Sign in to follow this  
ST_ami7b5

Player's Skin Not Pre-Setable From Fmb?

I can set skins for AI planes in FMB and they work fine in generated mission.

Anyhow, the skin which I set in FMB for player's plane is ignored, I have to select it manually at the beginning of the mission, although it's listed in .mission file correctly. 

Payload and modifications are transfered correctly  for the player's plane.

It seems that there is no mechanism yet to check if the player has unlocked the skin that you set for humans with master server. Don't use that option yet.

I wanted to use user made skins - they are offered to you in the drop-down list, written into .mission file and then ignored.

But you can select them manually at the mission start...

And it was for a single player mission - why should master server care about what skin I use in SP?

Edited by ST_ami7b5

Because there's no (I hope... yet) distinction between user made and stock skins. If you make a DM mission you ll see that even when you unlocked a certain skin and then set this one as default for the player it won't let you spawn with it unless you choose it from the drop down list. Probably this will be corrected at some point. (As also the "store my load out choices" thing")

Edited by KG200_Volker

So same as the old IL2 then? In that you had to recommend a skin for the player in the briefing or readme. There was no way to set it in the FMB.