Sign in to follow this  
WWSitttingDuck

Bos Stock Missions

These are the stock missions that come supplied with the game.  They are currently in a compressed file (data/missions.gtp), so do not show up if you look in your data/missions folder.

Might be useful for pilots wishing to see how certain things are done in mission builder, or using stock missions to edit, and get a feeling how mission editor works. 

As these files come supplied in everyones game, would like to think I am not infringing on anybodys rights here......would hate to think of having Han show up at my front door....

Extract file to your data/missions folder.

As none of the missions have a .mission file, when you go into mission editor, just start typing in the first few letters of the .msnbin file you want to open, it ME will start to display the corresponding files, and you can select the .msnbin file you want to play with...

when you save the mission, it will create a .mission file for you.

Highly suggest if you edit the missions, you rename the TITLE of the mission, and save it as the same thing as the mission.  title.  When you are in the game, and are looking at the mission pool, what you see is what is in the mission title, not what you saved the mission as....

and this way you will not overwrite the stock missions.

http://bhah.homeip.net:192/Old%20Fokkers/Misssions/BoS%20missions.rar

• Upvote 3

sorry, forgot to point out,

this will put a "missions" folder in your stock data/missions folder, and that is how it will show up when you are in offline mission mode. (ie, the missions folder at the top of the list)

so when you open Mission Editor, navigate to data/missions/missions folder.

~S~ SittingDuck99,

Very cool. Thanks for extracting and recompiling these for us.

They are precisely useful for us "tweakers" to follow the examples of, and, to remain consistent with further emulation of the work already done by the developers.

I plan on using them for the purposes you've stated, and perhaps, if possible, create Re-written Multi-player Co-Operative versions of "The Campaign" by using them.

My two cents. Hats off to you!

~S~ -Jupp-  :salute:

Anyone can help me with this error? I cannot launch my own missions...

post-254-0-02004000-1426201125_thumb.jpg

Edited by [AoA]Pablo

Here is a little trick I discovered recently: When you record gameplay in the game (Ctrl-R by default), the mission file is saved with the track. You can open it (the msnbin file) in the mission editor. The file selection window does not include *.msnbin in its filter, but you can still type in the name of the mission directly, and the editor will load it.

This trick makes it possible to look at missions generated in the campaign. It also means you can replay campaign missions if you run into one you liked.

If bos is like ROF your sds file can be anywhere, as long as it is somewhere in the data folder.  In our squad, our sds files are in data/sds folder.

not sure if they change this or not

Edited by sittingduck99