No601_Swallow

Creating A Coop-Style Mission

Prangster, who published The Spider's Web and the Flying Fury- Cambrai campaigns for RoF, has done a wee tutorial for our squadron on putting together a basic coop-style mission: http://www.tangmerepilots.co.uk/NewForum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=16247.

[Our squadron is, more or less,  just starting our transition from CloD to BoS, so we're experimenting with more public access to our forums. At the moment there's just our CloD FMB forum and our fledgling BoS ME forum accessible, it seems.]

The tutorial goes through spawning MP aircraft on the runway for a coop-style start, as well as triggering (activating) some opposition. It's so clear, even I can understand it.

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 6

~S~ Swallow,

+1 for your post and hats off to Prangster for his timely and well sorted video tutorials.

True Gents. Cheers!

-Jupp- :salute: 

Guiness_Beer_Truck.jpg

Could I ask why there are two airfield (fakefield?) icons? At the beginning he already has one set up and then deletes the linked entry and then adds a second one.

So far I put a single fakefield down then added some planes and went to test it but there was nothing to select.

Cheers

Emil, I won't be able to get onto my computer until later tonight (bleedin' kids and their Taylor Swift...) to test it, but I think before you use an airfield on the map for coop spawning, you've got to delete it as a linked entity, so it no longer shows up in the mission and you can't use it for spawning (the airfield is already an object on the map, I'm assuming - this is what I'll have to test).

This will then leave the location free to put down a fakefield (runway spawn) in its place. So I think the first airfield object comes with the map (and all its villages and bridges, etc). The second one is our fake one, which allows us to have on-runway spawning.

Don't forget, you still need to add the available aircraft and how they'll spawn in the fakefield properties box.

It certainly worked for us on Friday - we filled up three rows of 5.

Edited by No601_Swallow

Thanks Swallow I must be doing something wrong because I just downloaded it and when I joined my server I couldn't select an airfield. When I try making my own mission there are no airfield symbols even when I load the template all_airfields.

Back to the drawing board!

Emil

Hi!

I have to say that I'm just starting to learn this but Emil I had that same problem. I did exactly like in that video and couldn't select airfield.

I found that You have to do that "Create Linked Entity" to that spawn point and select Your side etc.

Anyway these videos are so good for learning these things and THANK YOU Ian for these videos!

BTW I made (for testing) timer from mission start to activate that plane so I could see if all work as wanted but how can I see that plane? Do I have to make some camera or something?

Edited by LLv26_Ozz

Hi!

I have to say that I'm just starting to learn this but Emil I had that same problem. I did exactly like in that video and couldn't select airfield.

I found that You have to do that "Create Linked Entity" to that spawn point and select Your side etc.

Anyway these videos are so good for learning these things and THANK YOU Ian for these videos!

BTW I made (for testing) timer from mission start to activate that plane so I could see if all work as wanted but how can I see that plane? Do I have to make some camera or something?

Thanks Ozz that was it!

Hi!

You can use a "camera operator" to do that. In the advanced properties, check the nations that will have access to it, and you should be able to see through it using "spectate" in the game. The default to switch between cameras is F12.

Easier way to test: Set the difficulty to Custom and actívate external views and Icons. That way there is no need of setting different cameras.

I'm not sure if the complex trigger is working.

I changed the aircraft to G2 then went to complex trigger removed F4 and added G2 in script list, then added Germany to countries to be sure and ticked Object Entered in the event filter (because it wasn't ticked and I haven't seen those PE-2s spawn yet).

I'm still getting no Pe-2

Any ideas?

I'm not sure if the complex trigger is working.

I changed the aircraft to G2 then went to complex trigger removed F4 and added G2 in script list, then added Germany to countries to be sure and ticked Object Entered in the event filter (because it wasn't ticked and I haven't seen those PE-2s spawn yet).

I'm still getting no Pe-2

Any ideas?

Im building that mission again to test some stuff but should that tick "Object entered area" be cklicked? I dont know but it might make sense?

oe.jpg

I ticked that box, added the G2 (my mission is different) and also added germany in to countries and I couldn't get the Pe-2 to spawn.

I'm going to try again but I clearly suck at this :D

Emil

OK. Im building that mission now but when I got It build I will check that. 

I made some test few days ago and I left that complex trigger out and ordered PE:s go to waypoint and then do attack run.  When those PE:s got to waypoint and should start attack run they got crazy. They decend to about 10m and level flight until some trees got on they way...

I put 2s timer and everything goes almost fine.

So Im wondering if Your problem is that PE was enabled but pilot get grazy (!) and get crash?

Have You look outside view after trigger zone? (cntrl+F2 if I remember right?)

If I remember correctly, AIs don't get detected by the complex trigger. I use it with human players, where it's working fine in my case. For AIs, you should be able to use a proximity or check zone trigger.

Also, I couldn't use the complex trigger the way Ian does. Just linking to another trigger does not work, you must use the "on event" table instead. See below:

post-31381-0-91380900-1426024190_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks Coconut!

I got it working like this Ozz.

Capture.PNG

It needed to know the ID Number of the following even which was the Trigger:Timer with the ID in my case of 1197

Thanks Coconut!

I got it working like this Ozz....

Thanks for this Emil. I've got the trigger to work like that too:

Franken%20complex%20trigger_zpspinza0pd.

The thing I'm confused about is why Prangster's method seems to work on his machine. I'll be asking him! For now, I'm wondering about the "luascripts" folder: 

Prangs%20complex%20trigger_zpsprpog4cw.j

In that "Object Scripts List" window, it seems to be pointing to a bf109f4.txt file in the .../luascripts/worldobjects/planes... folder. But my "worldobjects" has no "planes" folder - it's more or less empty (apart from a "mapemitters" folder, which may have been put there by Veteran66's SP missions!)

Now I'm wondering if I've got something missing, something that Prangster has, but I don't! I want my bf106f4.txt file!!!

(Of course, I don't understand what I'm talking about, so all of this might be rubbish, but anyway...!)

Edited by No601_Swallow

Update: Apparently not! I'm not missing anything! Prang, it seems, "uses an event to export the trigger". (I still like the idea that I'm missing juicy Lua scripts (whatever they are), though! It's a pity I'm not!)  :P

Edited by No601_Swallow