Sign in to follow this  
JimTM

Problems With Single-Player Intercept Mission

Hi All,

I'm having a couple of problems with a simple single-player mission that I created.

In the mission, I (FW190 object 1125) and an AI wingman (FW190 object 1141) take off and intercept two AI enemy fighters (Lagg 3 objects 1132 and 1136). The mission is stored in https://www.dropbox.com/s/thpgqy0y8vusiwl/JimTM%20-%20Test%20Single%20Mission%204.7z?dl=0.

Problem 1: My wingman does not follow me.

Problem 2: The two enemy fighters are nowhere in sight (even with labels on) when I arrive in their attack area. I wonder if they have even been created, even though they are linked entities.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jim

Edited by JimTM

Hi Jim,

Just took a look at the mission.

Problem 1: The separation between the planes is essencial. Also make sure they are on the ground (Green arrow pointing down buttom). Sometimes, dont ask me why, simply deleting the plane and placing a new one do the tric.

Problem 2: Its not a good idea to link the attack zone directly like that. Its better if the tookoff event triggers a WP which trigger a Timer and this one the Attack zone command.

Also make sure the Attack command zone Y position is set to the altitude you want them to search, now its like 100 m from the ground.

You dont need to place a fakeairfield when doing a SP, use it only when you want the IA to taxi, now the Laggs try to taxi to the right, they crash (it is hidden on the scenery group and come with the templates I think, in case you used them)

Thanks Haashashin. I got the enemy aircraft working fine, but for some reason, my wingman refuses to budge when I roll for takeoff. I tried replacing the aircraft twice and separating him by larger and larger amounts on the runway (I also tried much closer). I also made sure everyone was level with the ground and I deleted the fakefield objects on both airfields. Do I have the right idea with the way it's set up or is it possible I'm leaving something out, like a takeoff command for my wingman triggered by my takeoff? FYI, I refreshed the dropbox file.

Thanks again!

Jim

H Jim,

You got it working?? I did took a look and everything seems ok, will take a look this weekend if needed.

Yes, attack area problem is solved, thanks for your help. Problem with my wingman is still a mystery though. Thanks for having a look this weekend. Perhaps I need to keep replacing the wingman until it catches.

I think the biggest learning curve with the editor is learning all the little quirks. I'll try and catch as many of the quirks as possible for the editor guide that Jupp and I are working on. Thanks to you and Vander for offering your expertise on the project.

Jim

I got my AI wingman to work now. I added a Takeoff command, pointing to my wingman and triggered it with an OnTakeOff event from my plane. I refreshed the dropbox file at the top of this post.

Cheers!

Jim

Thats cool Jim, but it shouldnt be needed to add that command to the wingman, in the mission I shared they follow the leader without that command. Will check it.