I am trying to make a mission where the player has to intercept a bunch of bombers. I would like to spawn a new wave of bombers after the previous wave is killed.

The problem is that planes in a flight with a leader behave as if they were alone. Assigning commands to the leader no longer affects the wings, only the leader responds.

I'm attaching the mission, if anybody is interested in taking a look at it.

I suspected the problem might have been that the wings have to be created after the leader, and added a buffer between the leader spawn and the wings, but that did not help.

If the bombers are spawned the normal way, without a spawner, the flight behaves as expected, following the leader.

I have tried to make them form up in a v-formation, but the result was not very conclusive (it was entertaining, though): the wings crashed into each other or the leader. Is that working as intended, i.e. bombers are not supposed to fly in wings? I used the "safe" density, by the way.

bomber attack.zip

Attach a timer to a counter trigger (set the counter to however many aircraft are in the flight) and attach that to an activate trigger. Attach the activate trigger to all of the aircraft in the flight, then highlight all of the aircraft in the flight, right click and choose the option under advanced properties (forgot what it's called) and attach an onKilled event to the counter. Attach another timer (3 sec or so) to the counter trigger and attach that to the first waypoint of flight

Timer>counter>activate>all aircraft>

^<<<<<<<<<<^OnKilled event>

^timer(3sec)>flight's first waypoint

Edited by AbortedMan

Can someone please confirm that it's now possible to spawn several aircraft and have them behave as a single flight (as they would if they were active and linked from missions start) without parallel waypoint smoke and mirrors?   I ask because this wasn't possible in RoF. 

I tried AbortedMan's suggestion, but it works only once. The second activation does not seem to do anything. I suspect you can't activate planes that have been killed.

For people who want to spawn flights once, it works: commands assigned to the leader affect all members of the flight.

bomber attack.zip

Edited by -IRRE-coconut

Can someone please confirm that it's now possible to spawn several aircraft and have them behave as a single flight (as they would if they were active and linked from missions start) without parallel waypoint smoke and mirrors?   I ask because this wasn't possible in RoF. 

For me it's like in Rof, so you can't, if you use the spawn  trigger. But, if abortman has find a solution, i'm waiting to see it because it will help a lot.

AborteMan, if you can, post a group please.

Edited by Habu

Has anybody found a solution to this?  I have tried to "deactivate" the flight (using activate to "spawn" them) after the last plane has been destroyed, but I guess that once the planes are destroyed, they are gone and can NOT be reactivated; is this correct?

Anyway, if someone has figured out a way to respawn a flight again and again on some kind of trigger (last plane destroyed, etc), it would be most helpful.

Thanks,

TynMahn

You're right a flight which is activated can only be activated once. So when it's destroyed, you can't activated again.

Hopefully someone will or already has figured this out and will post the "how to's" here.  Or, if it isn't possible now, hopefully the dev will make it so.  It would be nice to be able to re-introduce (whether through spawn or activate) a flight over and over again.