coconut

How To Debug Missions?

While developing and testing a mission, it would be nice if I could get (preferably real-time) information about what's going on. For instance, know when triggers are active, when commands start...

I tried using the subtitle command to print debug messages on the screen, but that did not work. I guess that's because I would need to have a media running at that time, which I did not.

A somewhat related question: How does one send information from the mission to the outside, e.g. files? Is that possible? That could open the door for a dynamic campaign using an external mission generator.

I use Subitle.

There is a debugging tool in the Editor which is usefull for some proglem like waypoint which is not link, etc...

Tools => Start Integrity check.

You can set Check integrity on load and save which i used.

If you have a problem, you'll have a notepad window with the problem inside.

Edited by Habu
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Habu. I can confirm that subtitles work, no need to mess with medias. I don't know what I was doing wrong, probably a trigger link missing somewhere.

Don't forget that many time, you have to use a Timer before the subtitle.Set the timer with 2s at less. ;)

If you need help for something which don't work, you can put your mission here, and some of us will have a look as soon we can.