Sign in to follow this  
soupdragon

can I add waypoints to an existing flightplan?

I am just playing around in the editor and have created a simple mission but I want to edit one of the flightplans. but I can find no way to add more waypoints to an existing flightplan.  

Is this possible.

SD

Never mind I figured it out.

Just in case anyone else needs to do this all you need to do is to delete the object and target associations between any  2 way-points and add the new way-points in between these way-points. then re-do the object and target associations for the new way-points and re-assign any way-point commands (land/attack.etc) as necessary. 

Hope this makes some sense lol

SD

Actually, you could simply insert your new waypoint, link it to the object of interest, and reorder the activation sequence of waypoints

Ok. How do I do that?

Say you have a sequence of waypoints like this: A >> B >> C >> D >> E (>> representing the Target Link (red colored line))

And you want to add a waypoint X betwen B and C, to get A >> B >> X >> C >> D >> E

What you need to do is, place the new waypoint X to where you want it to be on the map, connect it to the aircraft object with Object Link (green line), then delete the Target Link connecting B and C (be sure to keep the Object Link (green colored line) connecting B and C to the aircraft object, respectively). Then, Target Link B to X, and X to C.

That's it.  

• Upvote 2