SYN_Blackrat

Trying to update mission files

Trying to update syndicate mission files using the latest ME from today, as the original files are ignored by the latest dserver.

All i get is this when I try and open the  .mission file and my machine hangs.

post-166-0-03905200-1424798440_thumb.jpg

did you tried to delete the .msnbin of your mission before loading your mission in the new FMB ?

did you tried to delete the .msnbin of your mission before loading your mission in the new FMB ?

No, I will try after a reboot, I don't do the missions so have no idea how it works :wacko:

you're welcome  :salute:

it is an old trick we had to do even on RoF at each update of the game to make the old mission compatible

Even so i resave the missions and they get ignored by the dserver, looks like syndicate is off line for a while until our mission makers look at this.

I'm not sure this is coming from your missions.

I think it is the new Dserver. Now may be there is some rules or registration to do to be an "official" servers with global stats on

Even so i resave the missions and they get ignored by the dserver, looks like syndicate is off line for a while until our mission makers look at this.

I had the problem with vercingétorix. We can't use our old sds file. We have to generate a new one.

Open Dserver => files => Manage SDS

It will be ok after that.

Be carefull, there is a problem with Stlingrad city and some effect (Foxy, the effect you use with your factory are in error now, some effect were removed). Some objects are in error now. The template is bad. I already reported the problem.

Cheers Habu, but this makes no sense to me? Also it could be we have custom difficulty settings as Expert are not strict enough.

Open Dserver => files => Manage SDS

Edited by SYN_Blackrat

By using this menu Blackrat (in the Dserver) you should be able to generate a brand new SDS file

Anyway I'm not sure it's gonna let you lauch the server with global stats on

thx for the report Habu let's hope everything is gonna be corrected asap

Okay gotcha, thanks, never saw the menu.

Seems you cannot have a ranked server with custom settings, it greys out when you select custom settings, oh well thanks for your help guys.

Edited by SYN_Blackrat

Okay gotcha, thanks, never saw the menu.

Seems you cannot have a ranked server with custom settings, it greys out when you select custom settings, oh well thanks for your help guys.

It's a new one. It's a DED member who give me the trick, because i reported that they don't provide the SDS file with dserver.

Carefull with the manager, you can't set unlimited time which is -1. You have to edit the sds file like we did before.

Edited by Habu

Habu, if you select custom in the SDS manager it will not allow you to select ranked server.

Yes you're right. With customs setting, you can't select rank server. I didn't try to edit the SDS, maybe it works.

Yes you're right. With customs setting, you can't select rank server. I didn't try to edit the SDS, maybe it works.

No it doesn't it just ignores the missions, which was my original problem, so running non ranked with the old sds still works though.

I can't run the server with the old sds. I have the same problem as you with the server which ignore the mission. I have to generate new one. In the new sds i edit the time limit and some features. I didn't try with the rank settings.