SharpeXB

Make Expert Difficulty = Full Real

Currently in multiplayer with the two difficulty presets "Normal" and "Expert" it is still possible to create a higher level of difficulty than Expert by removing the "my plane" icon in the O map. Since that falls under the "Custom" difficulty setting and no points are awarded its possible to play the game in multiplayer and earn more points for easier settings. Assuming that the mp points have some purpose yet to be developed and that playing the game on higher difficulty levels should award more points it follows that Expert should be the most difficult play mode rather then Custom.

Therefore it would be better to remove the "my plane" icon and and other gameplay aids from Expert.

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Upvote 7

Agreed. Back at like % 65 complete the Expert servers were perfect: you only got a map.

.. not modern radar.

The idea here is that having "radar" as a game aid isn't really bad as long as you don't actually get more points for using it.

SYNDICATE server does not allow the 'My Plane' icon. Go there, it's great! I have learned how to navigate now because of that reason! :salute:

However you still see the "radar circle" in 5km around radius around an active airfield, which is basically the same atm, as most of the battles happen around the airfields.

Dont do not buy the argument of  virtual forward observer on ground reporting incoming aircrafts.

Make Expert real expert,or make real custom settings available in MP please.

In WWII you aren't really flying blind. So short of simulating actual radio coms, some sort of game info might be fair. If you fly in range of an enemy airbase you're going to be spotted. Also if you fly within range of your own bases you'd be able to know which base it was if you're lost. The best method would be to simulate actual radio calls as closely as is feasible.

My point above is that the current system awards more points for playing an easier mode.

In WWII you aren't really flying blind. So short of simulating actual radio coms, some sort of game info might be fair. If you fly in range of an enemy airbase you're going to be spotted. Also if you fly within range of your own bases you'd be able to know which base it was if you're lost. The best method would be to simulate actual radio calls as closely as is feasible.

My point above is that the current system awards more points for playing an easier mode.

That is not the point here. The point here is that people don't do the map objectives on the expert servers cause they just fly to the nearest airfield to pick a dogfight: They know people will see their planes on the map and come tot heir location / they see enemy planes on radar who took off and going for vulturing. It is getting predictable and boring. 

Edited by =[Coffin]=127_Tom

That is not the point here. The point here is that people don't do the map objectives on the expert servers cause they just fly to the nearest airfield to pick a dogfight: They know people will see their planes on the map and come tot heir location / they see enemy planes on radar who took off and going for vulturing. It is getting predictable and boring.

This tactic would work in the real world if you were suicidal. Really there's not much you can do to discourage that sort of thing in an online game anyways.

This tactic would work in the real world if you were suicidal. Really there's not much you can do to discourage that sort of thing in an online game anyways.

Again: Yes there is, if they remove the plane map icons in total. Then both sides will go where the map objectives are, because it's most likely there the action will be. Now they look on the map: "aha, lots of planes over that airfield, let's head there!" 

Again: Yes there is, if they remove the plane map icons in total. Then both sides will go where the map objectives are, because it's most likely there the action will be. Now they look on the map: "aha, lots of planes over that airfield, let's head there!"

In the real world you'd be guaranteed to see some action if you just flew straight to the enemy's base and attacked it. Generally people in MP behave like pilots with a death wish because it's a game where you can't really die. That much will never change.

I'd rather the game simulated radio comms. If you flew over an enemy ground unit your position would be reported over their radio ie enemy planes spotted over ___. Or bombers at heading ___ altitude Etc. Flying without any coms or guidance isn't really "full real"

Or if you fly over a friendly base it radios you and hence if you were lost you'd know which base you just flew over

• Upvote 1

It is not of real world or not.

It is and it keeps staying a game.

And a games difficulty should be adjustable by an server admin or by players liking.

At the moment we are still taught how to play the game.

i really hope the difficulty settings will be adjustable at non ranked servers.

The difficulty settings are adjustable on non ranked servers but the point I was making in this topic is that it's actually possible to make an unranked difficulty greater than "Expert"

• Upvote 1

SharpeXB,

I think what you saying is, 'Expert' isn't really Expert at the moment.

In fact you can actually make the game more realistic and 'Expert' using custom setting.

But my belief, and a lot of squads believe 'Expert' should equal 'Full Real' no map icons, no compass, in fact no HUD at all.

If this game really is a 'Flight Simulator' then it should be as realistic and 'Expert' as possible first, then add some pilot assists and Hud and class it as 'Normal' or 'Easy' second.

It is at the moment the other way round.

I think AAA around bases should be beefed up a bit to discourage vulching, especially long range stuff, 88's etc to give aircraft taking off a better chance of getting some altitude.

But my belief, and a lot of squads believe 'Expert' should equal 'Full Real' no map icons, no compass, in fact no HUD at all.

Agree. The title of this thread says Expert should equal Full Real.

Yeah, I mean, call it what you want... in case Full Real evokes too much early-WarThunder or something... but the point Sharpe makes is dead on...

Normal - Stays the same

Advanced(?) - Current "Expert" setting

Expert - All training wheels come off

Again, the nomenclature isn't the focus, having an official difficulty that models the most realistic settings would be awesome, devs!

• Upvote 2

Tech chat off would belong into this full real setting.

• Upvote 1

Agreed, and also with 80hd (more than 2 settings).  I also like the simulated comms idea instead of radar.  

Disabling the GPS would also raise the value of the RPK-10 and whatever the German equivalent is called in aircraft so equipped (needle pointing to NDB).

Edited by avlSteve

The difficulty settings are adjustable on non ranked servers but the point I was making in this topic is that it's actually possible to make an unranked difficulty greater than "Expert"Ye

Yes, I always thought that was pretty lame, even in RoF.  It wouldn't be too hard for them to revamp their system so that it is graded on some sort of scale where you loose certain percentage points items enabled (or disabled).  The percentage points per settings could even vary depending on how the developers/community believe the penalty should be.  But, alas, like certain things, these guys get wedded to a certain perspective and dig in.

edit:  My buddies and I used to call it "Full Switch" back in FB

Edited by TynMahn