Sign in to follow this  
VBF-12_Stick-95

Invisible aircraft on MP - Tracks available

I reported this before and was told to get tracks.  Well, it happened again and I got three of them and they do show the plane as invisible.  It just happened that I was flying with the person, 12.OIAE_Snake9, and as as result we were able to test a little.  We were on the Syndicate server.  He had no idea his aircraft (Pe-2) was invisible until I told him, everything looked normal from his side.  The most interesting thing was that once he fired his guns he became visible.  All three tracks are short, ~15 - 45 seconds.  Hopefully everyone that looks at these sees the same thing in the tracks.

Tracks:

multiplayer.2015-01-30_22-04-24_00 - Sitting on the tarmac starting my engine watching Snake takeoff.  Notice that no name tag icon is shown.

multiplayer.2015-01-30_22-04-24_01 - Sitting on the tarmac as Snake does a low level run from my nose.  Best view from outside to hear aircraft, so there is sound.

multiplayer.2015-01-30_22-04-24_02 - In flight, Snake forms up off my five.  Again no name tag icon.  Once he fires his guns, he becomes visible.

Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vnz936ulc10jskt/AABtFLHqJoyPir9-LJ52et0ra?dl=0

Hope this helps in finding the bug.

VR_Stick

• Upvote 1

I was joking about this on TS with snake and stick last night, until it happened to me. I was flying Russian and high in the contrails. I looked back and there was a contrail following mine but there was no plane. Then I started to maneuver a little and the second contrail got closer and closer until I realized to late. He opened fire and then poof! He appears in a 109! I am dead laughing that same thing snake and stick was telling me about had just happened to me. Unfortunately I was unable to think to record it.

zipped?

Non-zipped.  All files and folders go in the Tracks folder.

Non-Steam path:

Drive:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Tracks

I am locking this for now but I have brought this thread it to the attention of the team.

I am fairly certain they will post an update to this when possible.

Based on  a few PMs I have received I have decided to reopen this thread.. My original intent was to lock it until the devs could get to it.. However after receiving some input from other members I have decided that unlocking it would be a better course of action.

I was joking about this on TS with snake and stick last night, until it happened to me. I was flying Russian and high in the contrails. I looked back and there was a contrail following mine but there was no plane. Then I started to maneuver a little and the second contrail got closer and closer until I realized to late. He opened fire and then poof! He appears in a 109! I am dead laughing that same thing snake and stick was telling me about had just happened to me. Unfortunately I was unable to think to record it.

I was the 109 that snuck up to you.

I wondered why you started maneuvering, thought you just spotted the extra contrail as I was staying a bit below you until firing

I was using a standard skin.

There is a similar bug in RoF, except player in invisible plane there can't see other planes, either... he can bomb building objectives and do photo recon, though. Deleting mission files and re-connecting to server enough times fixes it eventually. Not sure if these are related.

I have similar experience in MP. My flight lead was chasing enemy. We flew straight in a row. He saw him all the time, I did not until he appeared on my screen very close.(approx 300m).

Here is another track of a plane being invisible on mp (Syndicate).  A few things that might be of importance.  First of all we (=FI=Rambo and I) were flying at 6000 meters.  Although I am in contrails, during the time he is invisible he is not making a contrail.  He comes up on my 4 o'clock and fires his guns.  At hat time he becomes visible, however, his gear and flaps appear fully extended and then retract.  I told him and he said everything was up and never down.  Also, at the time he fires, his contrail begins.

The file and folder name are:  multiplayer.2015-02-21_14-51-20_00

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vnz936ulc10jskt/AABtFLHqJoyPir9-LJ52et0ra?dl=0

The one thing I have not been able to confirm is that when a plane is invisible to one player, is it invisible to other players.

Since the patch to version 1.102 I had not noticed any invisible planes.  Last night I saw something.  I was on the Wings of Liberty server.  I saw three instances of snow blowing back from an invisible plane idling on the ground.  The first two I made a track of.  One was at the spawn point, the other one on the runway.  I made a track of this however they do not show up on the track which makes me think they weren't true planes but some sort of graphic glitch   The track is available to devs for what it is worth.

There was a post by the devs of how to report incidences of invisible planes but I cannot find it. 

There was a post by the devs of how to report incidences of invisible planes but I cannot find it. 

The procedure was leave the server and post MP_InvisibleAirplanes.log. 

Well this explains a lot when I am on the WOL server.

I found it so strange looking and seeing nothing with my

TR IR and falling from the sky with  a 2 sec burst at me.

I will play at night at about 21h00 EST this only happens

to me during the day.

Many of the people playing on my server got that problem. It's not so much that there are some planes invisible to all, it's that there are people who see no planes at all. That may be a different problem than the one OP describes, though.

In my case, people who couldn't see anyone had a ping of -1 in the DServer player list. I have only had that problem when running DServer from behind my firewall. Running DServer directly exposed to the internet seems to work fine.

Many of the people playing on my server got that problem. It's not so much that there are some planes invisible to all, it's that there are people who see no planes at all. That may be a different problem than the one OP describes, though.

In my case, people who couldn't see anyone had a ping of -1 in the DServer player list. I have only had that problem when running DServer from behind my firewall. Running DServer directly exposed to the internet seems to work fine.

WOW! No that does not happen I see friendlies and enemy planes over target and engage it is the one I cannot see that I do not do any defensive maneuvers

or evasive action that gets me.It must not be hard for him I fly as if I am unopposed.

When they are visible I engage.

I cannot chase something I cannot see. 

I am connecting multiple other threads reporting this issue in order that devs and pilots can understand all they can about this issue and that it is continuing to be a real problem.

Flying Circus

Edited by J5_Baeumer
links added
  • Upvote 1

Another description of a situation where this happened in FC multiplayer

As additional info following the links to the mission logs of both involved planes:

...the log of Biggles is showing another interesting Detail: Biggles was involved in fights already before this incident; meaning he was already visible to at least 3 different central pilots (Trupo, Kaiser & Klugermann) before around 10 minutes later he was invisible for Butzzell & me...

So in that 10 minutes since the last contact to other pilots on the way to us something technically happend or maybe some information in the server-client-comunication was lost that caused both clients of Butzz and me not to generate graphic-wise the objective of this plane ..

• Upvote 1

Etzel, your link to Larners posting in FC forums is redundant to the post immediately above it, despite the picture is different.  Perhaps you intended to bring a new thread into this thread?

I have had the bug in a pretty visble way so made a track but didn't know there was a multiplayer.log ? I kept playing after the occurrence.. not sure if that's "bad" I'll need to find the dev's post..

Edited by Turban

Ridiculous.  🤣  

This thread is from 2015.  AND WE ARE STILL DEALING WITH THE SAME PROBLEM.  🤣

5 years 🤣 

• Like 2

To be honest I'm not sure I was suffering from it in 2015 ?

The track I have is pretty spectacular, with the AAA shooting at an aircraft that is not present, and "appears" after a while. It doesn't exist on the track but the AAA sees it.

And that's at 2000 meters.... weirdly it "appeared" once its gunner started firing...

Like the cloak in Crysis.... lol

This bug has become a massive problem in Flying Circus, occurring at least once a week now. 

Every instance the FC community has reported seems to be either a Fokker D7 or Fokker D7F turning invisible, and on several occasions multiple D7s flying in formation have turned invisible for the enemy, but not for each other. 

Having multiple planes appearing out of thin air on a fairly regular basis is a seriously game breaking issue, and some FC players have already stopped playing because of it... 

Edited by US93_Larner

So I caught the problem of invisibility in the movie. At first I flew like a fool. My wingman says he's on my left wing and I can't see him. Someone is starting to shoot and I can't see him. Fortunately, the recording of my wingman shows how pathetic this situation was ...

Finish Virtual Pilots server. Night from January 31 to February 1.

I edited the movie on YT. My first person perspective and recording. Then the prospect of my wingman.

• Upvote 3

This has single-handedly killed the MP game and it's disgusting it hasn't been fixed in five years of being known about.

Just to add, me and my brother stopped playing this online due to the frequency of not being able to see each other in close formation and thinking we were both going nuts and getting quite irate with each other. When I eventually discovered it's a bug that's been known about for years and ignored by the devs he said "[edited], I have better things to do with my time."

Edited by LukeFF
language

3 hours ago, J3Hetzer said:

Well fk that sht, I have better things to do with my time."

Ok , goodbye!🧐

For the rest who is still interested in this s**t,... Jason mentioned that bug more than once in a DD.

In my opinion the bug is adressed an the dev team is aware, but it cant be solved due technology reasons by a nick of time.

11 minutes ago, 1./JG42Nephris said:

Ok , goodbye!🧐

For the rest who is still interested in this s**t,... Jason mentioned that bug more than once in a DD.

In my opinion the bug is adressed an the dev team is aware, but it cant be solved due technology reasons by a nick of time.

I'm trying to imagine any game surviving where players become invisible to their opponents. For five years. I'm failing.

3 hours ago, J3Hetzer said:

I'm trying to imagine any game surviving where players become invisible to their opponents. For five years. I'm failing.

Its not same problem everytime, they already fix invisable airplane bugs 2 times i remenber, situation where airplane is not visable to some players up to point he open fire i saw only 2 times in +1000s sorties online where all woks fine, so its not easy problem to fix or see what is cousing it. And what is more offten happening now is airplanes getting invisbale at low alt at certen distances, and this is new problem started when they incresed visability ranges just few months ago... so its not problem that is not fixed for years, and they said they are looking into that problem already.