Zak

Developer Diary, Part 86 - Discussion

Hi Everybody

I’m glad to report that the 1C gamedev studio has successfully returned to duty in the year 2015. The celebrations, luckily, brought  no casualties. And the first quarter of 2015 looks very promising speaking of updates, even major ones. You’ll find some of them very expectable, but others may be truly surprising - time will tell.

And while we’re working at the upcoming updates for BOS (and realizing the ROF improvement plan announced last month) I’d like to offer you a more educational variant of our dev blog.

Today we’ll examine the technochat. We’ve tried to make those icons fully intuitive and unambiguous. But since every map in the world has a legend, the technochat, likewise, must offer it’s own decryption. You’ll find the following table on this very page every time you need it, or you might just download it and keep within reach on your PC or tablet.

techchat_eng.png

In the future dev blog posts we’ll take a closer look at commands to AI pilots, we’ll discuss some inobvious and definitely curious elements of the DM system, etc.. But since such informational content is created particularly for the players, I suggest you, the virtual pilots, to speak out and tell us in the comments: what gameplay and flight sim elements of BOS you would like to be explained in details? Both beginners and pro players could be interested in how things actually work. I will try to find the answers to most of these questions and shape them in a clearly understandable form.

Have a nice weekend, gents!

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

Thanks for the information Zak, though tbh. I was hoping for at least a small sneak peek of what the future holds for BoS. This really doesn't contain any news at all.

Oh! And welcome back, hope you all enjoyed your vacation.

• Upvote 2

I was hoping for at least a small sneak peek of what the future holds for BoS. This really doesn't contain any news at all.

We are currently working on that plan and when I have a green light to post anything specific - I'll definitely do so. The future of some features is certain already, others are related to long term plans which are still TBA.

• Upvote 4

I notice one new element and that is the messages about the oxygen system.

Will be interesting if this is implemented.

• Upvote 1

Zak could you please take a look on the FW190 discussions that were going on durin the yearchange and tell us if tweaks are still being worked on?

I cannot get the "techchat_eng.png" picture.

Hi. Please try again or get it from here:

https://il2sturmovik.ru/m/other/techchat_eng.png

Zak could you please take a look on the FW190 discussions that were going on durin the yearchange and tell us if tweaks are still being worked on?

Always keeping 1,5 of my eyes on the technical threads. I'll tell next week if anything from that topic is coming to the game.

I like the game very much and I think it has a lot of potential. Nice updates by devs.

I miss the pics that usually are attached in updatings.Any picture in this updated? It has been a long time without updates and pictures of aircraft modelling stage are always welcome.

Thank you.

Yes, it's very significant changes for the game. <ironic> This will affect the development of this game ... <ironic>

DD 86!  86!! Wow, just how many other games get 86 developers updates?

Simply amazing! I can't help but think of how incredibly dedicated this group of people are!

Thanks Zak. And thanks Team!

• Upvote 1

DD 86!  86!! Wow, just how many other games get 86 developers updates?

Simply amazing! I can't help but think of how incredibly dedicated this group of people are!

Thanks Zak. And thanks Team!

Oh, that's nothing, I want to see the 88th DD... :333

• Upvote 1

a functioning oxigen system would be really interesting, this means no more endless high altitude flights

I notice one new element and that is the messages about the oxygen system.

Will be interesting if this is implemented.

Curious about this as well.

Looking forward to the road-map for 2015. Also, DK2 implementation ;) 

S~ 

Thanks for the updates again! They always make my fridays.

Love your guys technochat system, good UI and a solid modern update from the IL2-46 system. It works great for when I'm mapping all my key bindings knowing they are actually working.

thank you zak.

I think lot of people ( maybe complete squadrons ) are waiting tools for comunity like DServer and FMB , please tell  us something about this.

a roadmap will be fantastic.

Thx Again.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for update. I was hoping for more but at least we got a sneak into the oxygen system: manually operated, system can get damaged and O² quantity is limited! Thanks for that!

By the way, shouldn't the automixture icon be a blue mixture icon (instead of a blue throttle icon).

Cheers,

Edited by PA-Sniv

Thanks for update.

When the oxygen system will be implemented, will pilots (and crew members) wear an oxygen mask?

Edited by Pierre64
  • Upvote 1

I must say, those icons are exceptionally well-designed. They are clear and inequivocal: well done.

• Upvote 2

I must say, those icons are exceptionally well-designed. They are clear and inequivocal: well done.

Agreed. There has clearly been a lot of effort put into creating them - something sadly lacking in far too many other applications I've seen. Pass on my  :salute: to whoever is responsible.

TY Zak,

Much Good Luck on the results of the near future. I've always wanted to ask if there was a way to put a combat sight "off" switch, so the reticle would not be on continuously. Also nice work on the coolant and oil temps; vital to proper EM. Maybe carb heat, too in the future. Best New Year to all, Tally HO !

Thankyou for the update, and that chart is very handy..

High speed handling of the 190  is something that may need to be looked at:

gggghdhdhdh.png

ghdsgdgdg.png

ghhfgtrdtgt.png

image upload free

okay, lets see what I got there, by klicking on that first pic:

-an article page about the FW190

-a pic of muscle man, topless

-a pic of terminator, topless

-a pic of an angry granny

-a pic of a toilet (!)

-a pic of a beautiful girl in bikini

This is just disturbing, just wrong, just wrong!

Yes, but the text ruins they... And icons for obvious things like: Cockpit lights ON/OFF is (IMO) dispensable.

Great to gave you back Zak. Do you think you could describe the oxygen system in very broad terms? Whether it's a simple mask animation or a more involved part of gameplay for pilot management.