Bearcat

Custom Personal skins for MP

If you are part of a squadron or have a personal skin that you want to use online, post links to that skin here.

In order for personal skins to show up you will need to have that skin on your HD. This thread is where pilots can upload their personal skins so that once the Dserver and ME are released all folks will have to do is come here and DL a pilot's skin for it to show up on the server. This will most likely be a one time thing unless something about the skin changes. This is sort of like having to add skins to the cache (ala IL2)  manually.

• Upvote 5

How about a "Fictional Personal Skins" thread... I know this subforum is going to get a little congested with these really specific threads, but Winger's stuff needs a place other than the other threads available.

EDIT: Winger, if you see this... I don't mean that in a bad way.

Edited by FalkeEins

Spektre - just checking. By 

• Non-Historical Personal: Your own made up unit *see image below

do you mean something like JG/007? I'll see if I (or some other mod) can set things up accordingly once I'm clear on what you mean. 

Can I assume that JG8 is fictional? I think it is but am no expert. Love the insignia an details regardless.

• Upvote 1

Spektre - just checking. By 

• Non-Historical Personal: Your own made up unit *see image below

do you mean something like JG/007? I'll see if I (or some other mod) can set things up accordingly once I'm clear on what you mean. 

Can I assume that JG8 is fictional? I think it is but am no expert. Love the insignia an details regardless.

Oh yes it's exactly what I mean. Let's say you made up JG56 and your clan comes up with a WW2 style unit emblem and camo scheme. Yes JG8 is made up. It is my own unit that I will be doing a skin pack for.

As for historical you basically pick something like JG54 and you have a tactical number of white 10....but you have a personal insignia that makes the plane your own while using existing unit emblems and you make a custom kill mark rudder scheme.

OK. As far as I see it, it'll be ok to call this a "first":

"Die Sonntagskämpfer"; Tag "SK"; "Sonntagskaempfer"

1st: Squad Fw-190A-3 skin, based on actual Luftwaffe patterns, colors and someone's other sharkmouths... ;-)

2014_12_30__0_1_15_zps32e30d85.png

2014_12_29__23_57_24_zps8d8bd0df.png

D/L link: http://www.file-upload.net/download-10067143/FW190a3_SK_sh.dds.html

Edited by SK_Bearkiller72

How about a "Fictional Personal Skins" thread... I know this subforum is going to get a little congested with these really specific threads, but Winger's stuff needs a place other than the other threads available.

EDIT: Winger, if you see this... I don't mean that in a bad way.

No offence taken thou. However i think that overregulating helps noone. I think everyone is intelligent enough to 1. see if something is a historical skin or not and 2. read the skindescription that says what it is in almost all cases.

Noone HAS TO install any skin on his pc. I for my part will download most stuff i can get except stuff that i dont like (i.e. hello kitty stuff and the like:)). Number one priotity is for me to have all the skins of the big squads and from the good and best aces around so i know when to become cautious with my flying if i encounter one of them:)

EDIT: Thanks Bearcat for taking the time to establish the forumsections!

Edited by VSG1_Winger

Hi Guys!

FINALLY i got along and managed to finish all our squadron skins both for standard and wintervariants.

We have a generic version for new members and one personalized for each squadmember.

There are two diffrent keycolorings that divide dedicated fighters (yellow) and bombers/mudmovers (red).

We are pretty busy flying on all servers and recommend download of all skins so you can see its us when encountering a big rotte on the skies above stalingrad.

The content of the dropbox links can be downloaded via klick on the blue button on the top right labeled "Download" and the selecting "Save as a ZIP". Simply extract the content of each ZIP (one per plane) into your ..\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins\PUTPLANENAMEHERE folder.

Hallo Leute!

ENDLICH habe ich es geschafft alle Schwadronskins für Standard- und winterlackierung fertiogzustellen.
Wir haben eine generische Version jeder Skin für neue Mitglieder und eine personalisierte Version für jedes Mitglied.

Es gibt 2 unterschiedliche Schlüsselfarben die signalisieren ob der Pilot den Jägern (gelb)oder den Jagdbombern (rot) angehört.
Wir fliegen sehr häufig auf allen Servern und empfehlen alle Skins herunterzuladen damit ihr sehen könnt mit wem ihr es zu tun habt wenn ihr einer große0n Rotte in den Wolken Stalingrads begegnet.

Der Inhalt der Dropboxlinks kann am einfachsten einfach per Klick auf den blauen Downloadbutton oben rechts im Browserfenster und dann durch auswählen des "Als ZIP herunterladen" Dropdownmenüpunkts heruntergeladen werden. Entpacke dann den jeweiligen ZIP-Inhalt (eins Datei je Flugzeug) in deinen ..\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins\FLUGZEUGNAME Ordner.

BF 109 F4:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ygrbylei09e979/AAAyzjx8glvzQrBPu0pgaGrGa?dl=0

BF 109 G2:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dk3nqurpnf4zm37/AACH_mM0WtZ89BBwHGsaif1Ia?dl=0

FW 190 A3:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/392h0gcducq9xqe/AAAz--iRrmzfZL1EFLxJWLG5a?dl=0

JU 87 D3:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vkhow7fhsx59o06/AADaGwlEqtG_jWmJeC300dNMa?dl=0

HE 111 H6:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p3w3niupf1e8rd9/AABINkrH0jdy5mOI9v3P-_VCa?dl=0

Here are Previewpics of the planes:

post-535-0-80036100-1420026077_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-42526900-1420026076_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-04205700-1420026082_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-55981400-1420026080_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-25606600-1420026086_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-20949900-1420026075_thumb.jpg

Wintervariants:

post-535-0-13916800-1420026079_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-43877300-1420026083_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-72614500-1420026084_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-70902300-1420026073_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

I think this thread specifically needs to have two sub-categories:

• Historical Personal: How your plane would look in a specific existing unit i.e tactical number, airframe number, unit emblem, personal insignia.
  • Non-Historical Personal: Your own made up unit *see image below

attachicon.gifI-JG8_1 Staffel_Eastern front (2).pngattachicon.gifI-JG8_2 Staffel_Eastern Front.png

attachicon.gifI-JG8_3 Staffel_Scicily.pngattachicon.gifIV-JG8_N10 Staffel_Stalingrad (2).png

Looking good Spektre :good:

Next skin for my squad and general Multiplayer use - "Nosferatovik"

A skin for the Il-2M42, with a "vampire" theme; text on fuselage is English and (supposedly) Russian:

2014_12_31__1_23_21_zpsa1be53e3.png

2014_12_31__1_24_12_zpsdabd9f03.png

2014_12_31__1_22_26_zpsd01d1fb3.png

2014_12_31__1_22_49_zps5027c1a1.png

D/L link: http://www.file-upload.net/download-10071561/Nosferatovik.dds.html

This brought a smile to my face, looks great! :good:

• Upvote 1

I am affraid I wont download any of this skins.It is very clumsy way to do it and lots of them are quite ''off'' by my standards.

I peffer to have proper decals system working in game one day so everyone can fly with standard period camouflage and given fuselage numbers/insignias/unit emblems.

Such personal skins as presented here can be used for some fun servers,but I do not want to see them on standard public servers.They break immersion.In fact problem is for now solved,no download,no see :biggrin:;)

Edited by Brano
  • Upvote 2

I prefer not to tell anyone their skins suck. I just dont load em...

But thats just me.

• Upvote 3

I didnt say they suck.I do not put words into others mouth.But thats just me.

Of course "...lots of them are quite "off" by my standard" and "...I do not want to see them..." can NOT be construed to mean they "suck"!  How dare you, winger.  lol

That's just not me at all.

:)

I am affraid I wont download any of this skins.It is very clumsy way to do it and lots of them are quite ''off'' by my standards.

I peffer to have proper decals system working in game one day so everyone can fly with standard period camouflage and given fuselage numbers/insignias/unit emblems.

Such personal skins as presented here can be used for some fun servers,but I do not want to see them on standard public servers.They break immersion.In fact problem is for now solved,no download,no see :biggrin:;)

That is the beauty of all this.. CHOICE is the operative word..

That is the beauty of all this.. CHOICE is the operative word..

+1

Same here. I find it too boring just to view or recreate "historical" skins. As for certain hardcore servers, historically correct skins are a must.

As for fun battling buddies or some other innocent by-flyers on other servers, fun skins are ok by me.

Everyone's free to D/L anything - he/she likes. :salute:;)

I've done some racing themed skins for both 109s, since we drop in on the race and aerobatic server quite often.

It started with trying to recreate the old 1930's LuftHansa style of black on natural alu (Ju-52, He-70 and Fw-200).

The colored variants are just to have some variation in it. Hope you like it.

2015_1_2__0_20_21_zpsf5877a91.png

2015_1_2__0_20_44_zps69b42920.png

2015_1_2__0_21_30_zps3727b609.png

D/L link: http://www.file-upload.net/download-10081338/Bf109FG_blk_slv.dds.html

2015_1_2__19_8_41_zps8eca293c.png

D/L link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mu9dvetdezchef3/Bf109FG_red_slv.dds

2015_1_2__19_7_47_zps6e315b1c.png

D/L link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9svk3n5g5cah2zi/Bf109FG_grn_slv.dds

2015_1_2__19_6_56_zps5372b23c.png

D/L link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9f2qkgr4h75ee52/Bf109FG_blu_slv.dds

• Upvote 4

I just had a thought on all this its your choice stuff and all.

currently how it works is if you and a buddy have the same skin D/L'd youll both see it. Right so my thought is what if the server had all these skins in its game files once you join the server and dl game files for it would you be able to see any and all skins the server had in its files?

would this work?

If you put your skin out, then you might run the risk of others downloading them and changing it to what they want on their hard drive.  . . . .  I download your skin, keep the same file name, paint it bright orange.  There you are flying over white snow with my bright orange paint job.  :lol:   Something to think about. 

• Upvote 1

No offense, but you are in the "custom personal skins thread", so aside from the slightly arrogant statement "off by my standards", what did you expect to find in this thread?

- A slightly peeved Leaf

If you put your skin out, then you might run the risk of others downloading them and changing it to what they want on their hard drive.  . . . .  I download your skin, keep the same file name, paint it bright orange.  There you are flying over white snow with my bright orange paint job.  :lol:   Something to think about. 

Simple fix, just name it differently than the file you're using. At least the creators don't have to mind this issue than. ;)

• Upvote 1

Of course "...lots of them are quite "off" by my standard" and "...I do not want to see them..." can NOT be construed to mean they "suck"!  How dare you, winger.  lol

That's just not me at all.

didnt think of that issue yet.

Still i dont think it is a REAL issue since the paintjob doesnt help with camouflage at all. When i make out a contact its usually just dark greyish pixels that can be identified as friend or foe by the shape only. Then, when getting pretty close to around below 400m the skin starts to become visible.

And thats with 1440p GSync and everything maxxed out.

Edited by VSG1_Winger

Guys lets keep it civil..

There will always be people who will try to game the game. Cheaters will always find a way to cheat.  You can't build a sim around worrying about that.

Here's to the sideline: something hist(o)(e)rical: the question of non existant A/C's emulated by existent ones.

I remember, back when dinosaurs ruled the world and old Il-2 appeared on the market, some unsatisfied users created RAF skins for Soviet planes.

I thought these days were over until a Squadmate complained about not having the sea, green fields and a Brit plane to fly against in his '109.

There and then I told 'em: "well bud, there's always the Yak-1". His reply was: "Ok, but it's not the real thing."

Be it as it may be, but just to re-live good ol' times and give some "never-be-satisfied's" something to chew on,

here's the INEVITABLE Yak-1 in RAF colors, just to pose as a Hurricane / Spitfire look-a-like:

2015_1_2__23_6_24_zps3c7e5b53.png

2015_1_2__23_6_44_zps7bc12ad5.png

2015_1_2__23_6_52_zps4586e22e.png

D/L link: http://www.file-upload.net/download-10082214/Yak1s69_Spit.dds.html

• Upvote 9

More great skins Bearkiller!  :salute:   I wonder if it's possible to make this?

1992751.jpg

Mmmm....shiny ;)

Edited by arthursmedley

More great skins Bearkiller!  :salute:   I wonder if it's possible to make this?

1992751.jpg

Mmmm....shiny ;)

Thanks, dude! :biggrin:

Quote >Watto<: "Ah, nice ship... Nubian. Not baaad!" ;)

I'm working on it m8; but some other Skin Jedi around here might have already done the trick... :cool:

Mmmm....shiny ;)

Unfortunately it isn't possible with the graphic enine given in BoS. We can only add shine and gloss but not recreate a true bare metal look.

• Upvote 1

I for one see myself forced to download almost all the skins.

I do not like unhistorical skins, especially Hello Kitty camouflages, so nope, nope nope. :P

but then again, i like the sense of Shape that Bearkiller has put on the 109, and i can appreciate the lines and colors he chose.

Or the Il-2 bat out of Hell - quite a bit of love and work.

i will never ever Fly these skins.

But when i see someone else online with the skin, i know that the Artist's work is not wasted.

It also tells me a small bit about the Pilot in that plane "Ah! That Pilot appreciates Bearkiller's skin too, so he has a sense for aesthetic stuff"

It's all Optional.
do not like it? do not download. Or do not use.

but talk about "standards" or such is like Pissing on another man's front lawn.

all it does, is make me shake my head.

art is a matter of taste. taste can not be discussed.

Nothing nice to say? Be silent then.

• Upvote 1

I've done some racing themed skins for both 109s, since we drop in on the race and aerobatic server quite often.

It started with trying to recreate the old 1930's LuftHansa style of black on natural alu (Ju-52, He-70 and Fw-200).

The colored variants are just to have some variation in it. Hope you like it.

If these planes were mine, and i would Race them or do aerobatics, or as a Squadron or Lolwaffle Demonstration team, i would tell the mechanics the Planes must be sparkling clean. The black exhaust ruins the pantjob along the fuselage, it cuts the colors... on all except the Black Variation.

Elegance and  simplicity. Well done.

and the small Radio attachment on the top fuselage - a spot of color?

If these planes were mine, and i would Race them or do aerobatics, or as a Squadron or Lolwaffle Demonstration team, i would tell the mechanics the Planes must be sparkling clean. The black exhaust ruins the pantjob along the fuselage, it cuts the colors... on all except the Black Variation.

Elegance and  simplicity. Well done.

and the small Radio attachment on the top fuselage - a spot of color?

Thanks for your kind words and your appreciation, m8! :)

As for the dirt, well, this is Russia in winter and the engine mixture is a lot richer under these conditions, hence the darker exhaust fumes. ;) 

And the little fairing covering the socket for the thread that holds the antenna wire is not to be painted, says so in the manual... :rolleyes::salute:

Here's my personal F4 skin, doesn't represent any historic 109 whatsoever and the "Red 64" is just the year I was born, yawn,yawn.

post-12320-0-18774700-1420306685_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nice one! :cool:

But say, my ability in deciphering cyrillic is a little ...rusty *cough*. What does the text on the port fuselage say? The one that ends on "For [...] Stalin"?