Yakdriver

You wanna know why we need the Ded server 64 slots?

just now on the Heavy Metal server... 20 Shtormos loitering over a base for no other purpose than tan chilling out - some 109 joins the fun and lands... doesnt get Vulched to death... nothing.
People popping Flares at each other and having a good laugh... The NNFFL dudes present... VIP's in da house

@UF hammerhead - gear up, mec :)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

tons of french and Canuck dudes in the Game...

and they followed the biggest of idiots around... ME!

Got a bit laggy. on the second monitor i saw an upload of 11 kb/s and a download of 90 kb/s. [thanks rainmeter!]

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

That was some Proper, Kick butt Fun.
Thanks to all involved for the fairness towards the french 109 driver who was just along for the ride... you lot have restored a bit of faith in the community.

Been an honor to fly with yall tonight.

of course no icons, those are just to illustrate...

image.jpg
image.jpg

Edited by Hawker_Typhoon
  • Upvote 1

It was a (french) training mission for the IL2, we've already had some for the PE2 and HE111 next one will be the Stuka.

Thanks Habu (Phoenix) and Obelix

The aim is to have newcomers discover the planes and get familiar with all their inner workings. After that phase (if we get Dserver and FMB :cool: ) we ll be much more people to be able to fly some or any plane to do real interresting coops.

I usually dont really participate and fly around protecting if needed since we have to use "public" servers.

The 109 flying around was adj pierrot if I remember, was doing no harm so no need to harm him, he was welcome to have a drink when landed

Edited by FZG_Luny

The idea is good, very usefull, and for noobs an awesome intro.
I had the best BoS session yet.
what amazed me was that there were no 190s showing up "en masse" to slaughter us.
whether that was luck or fair play, we will see next time.

this is the kind of stuff that ad-hoc sessions are good for - announce a mission or a session, and get 50 people to join without a lot of preparation.
I am still grinning ear to ear.

and i want more of the same!
MUCH more!

We also were 19 on TS during that training :post-34286-0-54731100-1416433771.png

Edited by FZG_Luny

But what if me and my Fw mates want to show up and train as well? ;)

You are welcome :)

8.00 PM GMT on wednesdays, not the best for you i guess if you are far west from across the pond

Edited by FZG_Luny

So why we need our own server ?

585881Il22014112009153347.jpg

Edited by C6_Pollux

As Luny said, the goal of that evening was to discover and train players who has never fly the Il2. On that training we were 19 players. We already saw the HE111 and the PE-2

For that training we have to choose an online server with airfield far away from the action. The first part is to configure every control need for the plane we want to study. After we spawn, we go out of the taxiway and leave the spawn point (we learn that durint tha HE111 training, because people can't spawn if we don't move), and we learn the cockpit. And if we have time we run a fly. We start at 21h and finish between 11/12h. Yesterday we started flying at around 11H.

In flight we have lot of lag. LD are you working on the server last night ?

So why we need our own server ?

1- Because, i plan a training with many players, and until the time we go in the lobby, i can't say if everibody can have a slot. Syndicate was full. There was only 3 or 4 players on LD.

2- We need Expert mode with external view for training, because i describe some plane elements which you can see only in external view (time for flaps up and down, radiator,...)

3- The goal of that game is not playing, so if there are players on the server we are taking slot but we don't play. We stay around 2 hours on the airfield.

4-  The mission is not designed for training.

To perform that kind of training we have to use a server with an iddle time very high, because i can't start describing something and waiting that people reconnect because they are disconnect. Same thing if we are under attack (thx to adj Pierrot who don't shoot us on the airfield :) ). We need that autobalance is set on OFF.

• Upvote 1

I followed a random IL2 in this melee. The aim was to train me to hold in a closed formation... At this time, I had no idea who you was.

So this is what I saw in my seat :

2014_110.jpg

To perform that kind of training we have to use a server with an iddle time very high, because i can't start describing something and waiting that people reconnect because they are disconnect. Same thing if we are under attack (thx to adj Pierrot who don't shoot us on the airfield :) ). We need that autobalance is set on OFF.

-own server, simple to set up from home

-custom difficulty settings

-administrative tools (109 Luftwaffe pirates need kicking...)

-FMB to set up mission elements

=============================

the result is that this kind of activity attracts and WILL help new players stay with the game - and that is good for business.

The community is motivated to contribute to the decade-long success of BoS, but lacks tools and settings to do so.

I followed a random IL2 in this melee. The aim was to train me to hold in a closed formation... At this time, I had no idea who you was.

So this is what I saw in my seat :

2014_110.jpg

you did an awesome Job.

i banked hard right over the airfield, you were there, like nailed to the sky.

I looked back, time and time again, you were there like a Loyal Dog.

You, Nazca, made me smile all evening long.

Thanks for that.

If you think that 19 people on teamspeak is a lot... Then you haven't seen ATAG at peak hours. ;)

Good show anyway.

• Upvote 1

It s lot for a begining in French on Bos, with many newcomers.

When you say ATAG i guess you're talking about COD not BOS ?

This is the beginning. this is the first Chapter.

This is a great game...I really like it. Things to improve, but..a big projection...and already fully playable. Sentation of flying is much higher than Clod, specially because of the cloud movement....I do not know how they do it, but man....tell me it is not chilling your skin when you see that clouds passing by fast around your plane....and the reflexions of the perpex on the cabin...

Edited by pix_pix_pix

You are welcome :)

8.00 PM GMT on wednesdays, not the best for you i guess if you are far west from across the pond

Not until after the new year.

Not until after the new year.

Why ? you're also waiting for Dservers and FMB ?

What is a Shtormo?

A tank with wings aka IL2

Edited by FZG_Luny

Oh, so a Sturmovik you mean?

No clue where the anglicization "Shtormo" comes from...

​I suppose it's kind of similar to how Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (Messerschmitt AG) never produced an "Me109."

Edited by FalkeEins

I guess its more of a "Belgischization" ;)

Sturmo, is Schturmo in russian if i write in German

Edited by FZG_Luny

It s lot for a begining in French on Bos, with many newcomers.

When you say ATAG i guess you're talking about COD not BOS ?

I guess you guessed right. Strangely enough, I have never flown with CheckSix guys. It's probably because my horrible french-canadian accent is too exotic for them to handle. ;)

What is a Shtormo?

I'm pretty sure the Il-2 Sturmovik is pronounced "Shturmovik " in Russian. The francization/frenchification of the name is "Iliouchine Chtourmovik". Some people also call it the "Stormovik".

I guess its more of a "Belgischization" ;)

Sturmo, is Schturmo in russian if i write in German

Aaaah, ces Belges...  :biggrin: Je les adore... ils me font toujours poiler.  

Edited by 71st_AH_Chuck

Youre welcome on C6 TS

Why would we laugh on Quebec accent/speaking, when we have Belgians and cant speak proper French ourseleves

Chut : faut pa parler francais ici, sinon on dit marrer pas poiler par chez moi ;)

@UF hammerhead - gear up, mec :)

Yes  :biggrin: ​ I struggled with it but no way, a Hotas conflict, now solved !!!

These sessions are just amazing and really, really interesting…

You get to know each plane peculiarities and the most important and exciting thing is that once in the air you can really feel them…For sure this is something very unique to BOS!! The immersion is absolutely total and impressive!

But on the other side this is also very frustrating because you even more realize that BOS is a pure diamond but a diamond that needs quite some huge polishing yet (FMB, and Dservers)…

I would say that today we are as close of heaven than we are from hell…

If the Dserver and FMB come soon Heaven will be reality and I have no doubt the community will massively adopt BOS… If not….. 

I am quite confident devs already realized that… and that they are working hard in order to give us the proper tools that will let the diamond shine...

Edited by UF_Hammerhead

I'm on the first screen of Habu, the Il2 in his sight (Habu, hopefully you had a perfect trigger discipline on this one!). Those sessions are very fun and we learn a lot of things. But of course it's no fun for everyone else on the forum that are here only to fight. Lots of people that joined asked where were the 20+ russians as they couldn't find them around Stalingrad.

DServer with 64 slots and FMB are a must have, please be confident, it will be very well used whe it comes in those experts hands!

I just love flying formation with other people, dont know why there are people calling the servers empty. Anyways, yesterday I joined the syndicate server, and as it just restarted the mission, I decided to do a supply run, to my surprise, other 2/3 joined me as we flown in formation to gumrak:

GL0e8Sx.jpg?1

DpD8Ilv.jpg?1

We even attempt landing in formation:

ROKt7Ny.jpg?1

And this part is the best one, for my surprise they all followed me taxing to the parking zone!

dGM4jQc.jpg?1

Edited by istruba
  • Upvote 3

No, schedule change at work after the new year.

I am quite enjoying the game as it is for now. Dserver will only affect me as I wait for others to make scenario/mission based MP servers.

I'm on the first screen of Habu, the Il2 in his sight (Habu, hopefully you had a perfect trigger discipline on this one!). Those sessions are very fun and we learn a lot of things. But of course it's no fun for everyone else on the forum that are here only to fight. Lots of people that joined asked where were the 20+ russians as they couldn't find them around Stalingrad.

DServer with 64 slots and FMB are a must have, please be confident, it will be very well used whe it comes in those experts hands!

Lol ur gona start a witch hunt

We also were 19 on TS during that training :post-34286-0-54731100-1416433771.png

Nice to see all these names on TS! Salute to all, and especially to my old squadmates Obélix, Bushido and Yogi! :D

Edited by SYN_Ricky

Ricky, si ça te dit de venir faire un petit coucou, n'hésite pas. ;)

Sorry. I said him he can come and say hello if he want. ;)

Merci de l'invitation Phoenix, j'essayerai de passer une fois! ;)

So I just said thanks and that I'll try to join them sometimes.