Sign in to follow this  
SCG_Neun

Desastersoft Products and IL 2 BOS

I was just thinking how beneficial some form of business agreement between these two companies would be for our single player/career based campaign community.  This company did wonders for IL-2 1946 and COD in terms of mission creation with historical authenticity and immersion standards.  Any merger in this line, would speed up our ability to play quality made career missions within IL-2 BOS.  Why not get started at this phase of the release instead of waiting for the game to lose it's impetus and hit the bargain bin, before it undergoes modifications within a company like Desastersoft? Can't both companies cash in on this and make some additional profit, or perhaps just dreaming here.....?

http://www.desastersoft.com/

Not agreeing on this AT ALL.
Business agreement might mean the desastersoft dudes get a better ME or something.
do not want that to happen.
if anyone wanna sell mission packs, they better use the standard software, no privileges.

and i did not like their stuff at all - no phantasy, no love for detail, no surprises and not enough WTF moments.

(operation overlord customer)

edit
and their skins were Boring. copypaste.
community did a lot better in both campaigns AND skinning,

Edited by Hawker_Typhoon

I'll never purchase a 3rd party campaign. Maybe thats my open source mentality as much of 1946 was.

But they need to release the damn FMB before anyone can do anything, but apparently the learning curve is too steep which is an excuse I don't agree with. I just think they don't want people profiting off their game before it's polished.

Edited by Silky

Hawker....I don't have any of their older products but their latest ones are really good.  I don't know what kind of agreement could be made, but it would more than likely speed up the process and allow us to get our hands on some historical missions in a career mode setting... I mean it's great that the FMB will be released some time, but making a progressive career based campaign takes much more than building missions....And Pat Wilson sharing his code with a third party entity would more than likely be a slow and arduous process at best....

Edited by JagdNeun
  • Upvote 1

I have the Wick vs Dundas for CoD and it's great. It would be excellent if they make stuff for BoS

They are still making packs for CoD, just released LW Chanmel Battles. I imagine the BOS market could be even bigger. They should certainly get involved.

• Upvote 1

Can I unlock things or improve my unlock progress with a 3rd party Campaign that is much better made? ---> No :umnik2:

Not agreeing on this AT ALL.

Business agreement might mean the desastersoft dudes get a better ME or something.

do not want that to happen.

if anyone wanna sell mission packs, they better use the standard software, no privileges.

and i did not like their stuff at all - no phantasy, no love for detail, no surprises and not enough WTF moments.

(operation overlord customer)

edit

and their skins were Boring. copypaste.

community did a lot better in both campaigns AND skinning,

In fact, nothing of this is true.

Their CloD Expansions are upon the best campaigns out there. Missions include a lot of random parameters, so even playing one mission twice will feel as a different one. Nothing against generic campaigns and campaign generators, but nothing will match a good scripted campaign with hand designed missions.

They developed and implemented a working career system with statistics for CloD.

I didn't know that. :O

I take back what I said. :)

Does anyone know where I can see some video of that in action?

Sorry, no video, but some screenshots on their page:

(scroll down to "Open Beta for the Desastersoft Career–System....")

• Upvote 1

In fact, nothing of this is true.

Their CloD Expansions are upon the best campaigns out there. Missions include a lot of random parameters, so even playing one mission twice will feel as a different one. Nothing against generic campaigns and campaign generators, but nothing will match a good scripted campaign with hand designed missions.

i maintain that the 46 content was by large sub-par. and that the community did better than them

that is my opinion, and not subject of true or false- sorry.

Can I unlock things or improve my unlock progress with a 3rd party Campaign that is much better made? ---> No :umnik2:

Are you sure? Maybe you can.

Already with RoF we have an example that a quality campaign, in the RoF context a set of linear missions, was integrated and sold as addon to the game, namely the St. Mihiel campaign, created by SYN_Vander.

With that level of "affirmation", basically a 777 stamp of approval of its quality, I can easily see that in the context of BoS, such a campaign could also be enabled to add XP to the unlocks.

Now, creating an immersive linear campaign with the (non-)availability of unlocks, different difficulty levels and the various planes in mind, that might be the true challenge.

I started buying the Desastersoft campaigns with Stern von Afrika for 1946 and purchased each addon they released after that. They entertained me for hundreds of hours and now with the new addon Channel Battles: Luftwaffe campaign for CloD supporting the TF mod I'm looking forward to even more hours spent with their products.

Well worth the money I spent on them.

... the developers of "Cliffs of Dover" released a not even half finished crap simulation at the time that was only becoming worth flying after the the teamfusion patches,

Concerning campaigns, "Cliffs of Dover" was as poor as the whole sim, that`s why I decided to get the desastersoft campaigns and I was not disapointed ! 

The statement that desastersoft campaigns are boring and had no love of detail is pure rubbish, they were the only good campaigns CoD ever had.

IL2-BOS is on release much better than CoD was but it is still in need of real campaigns like the ones from desastersoft or the ones from "Rise of Flight" where you could create a pilot etc. ...

Not this unlocking nonsense that they have as campaign now. That`s my opinion about that subject !  :dry:

I would strongly consider buying any DesasterSoft BOS campaigns. They do some good work for CLOD, and that sim is a complete train wreck. Wick vs Dundas is what allowed me to enjoy CLOD in the first place.

I can only imagine what excellent work they could do with an actually reliable simulator like BOS. If they ever make a VVS campaign, I'm in. :)

Channel Battles supports the TF patches REALLY!!!!! I need to run out and buy this now!!!!

I've never been comfortable with the idea of paying for missions/campaigns.

They are doing nothing that can't be produced (when the tools are released) by the community, for free.

I'd pay about the same as, perhaps, a single aircraft for a good block of missions or a campaign. Especially, as in the follow up post, there is a career worth playing included - and I'm almost strictly a MP guy.

(Looks like the cost is $25'ish. So, it's in the ballpark.)