AeroAce

Freetrack Solution/Fix/Workaround

I can get freetrack to work, u need to do the following.

1 download and run opentrack 

http://www.4shared.com/file/gHhcRgTDba/opentrack-win32-portable-22a2.html

2 press start in open track but make sure the setting are set to point tracking and freetrack

3 open and run bos, minimise bos when past login screen

4 press stop in opentrack, open and run freetrack as normal

5 return to bos and volar it will work

The pitch axis will be inverted so u will have to change this in freetrack 

• Upvote 4

Some people had problems downloading the file from the link so here is how to do it, unforunaly u have to sign up but its quite a safe site

Click on the link http://www.4shared.c...table-22a2.html

then click the small download button under where it says more and to the left of share

on the next page click Free download under 20 seconds waiting 

Then it will come up with the twitter, facebook blah and at the bottom left it says if you dont have social media "sign up" in small writing

do that then u are ready to go 

If people cant do that I will have to find another way of putting it up, I will do that this eve GMT 20:00

Please let me know how u get on 

Thanks

Edited by AeroAce

After trying again mow it works for me also :blink:

Works with wiimote for me, but anything I do, the pitch axis is still inverted ><'

In freetrack -> profile -> pitch check invert

After trying again mow it works for me also :blink:

In freetrack -> profile -> pitch check invert

Thank you, works well, it saves the game for me, I was about to launch WT!  :wacko:

Always download from opentrack's official site so you get the latest version... https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

Why put an opentrack file on 4shared when you can get it for free from the dev?

u are correct always try get official 

2 be honest when I searched for the latest version all I found was the unstable version( first hit on google), which I could not get to work, and was scared might be misleading. So I thought it better to upload a program that I know works. Im a bit lazy as well didnt search further. I show how it can be done if u want the best streamlined solution I have not got the time 

sorry

Edited by AeroAce

Oh I didn't mean that as criticism, sorry if it appeared that way. I just wanted to point to the official site.

no problem, this is what a community is for, I could not find the correct one but u did

Thanks 

xxxx

PS not tested Calvamos's link but mine will defo work, please confirm his will work, if so and without sign up thats defo the best option

Edited by AeroAce

I think this problem is caused when TrackIr is made official for a game, i think it then may require you to use a certain profile name to be loaded at start. I wonder if we had the exact name of the profile if we could match that name in freetrack to make it work.

THIS IS PURE SPECULATION what do u think ?

hmmm opentrack does not support PS3 EYE? 

Edited by gomwolf

I can get freetrack to work, u need to do the following.

1 download and run opentrack 

http://www.4shared.com/file/gHhcRgTDba/opentrack-win32-portable-22a2.html

2 press start in open track but make sure the setting are set to point tracking and freetrack

3 open and run bos, minimise bos when past login screen

4 press stop in opentrack, open and run freetrack as normal

5 return to bos and volar it will work

The pitch axis will be inverted so u will have to change this in freetrack 

This worked for me also.  I for the life of me can not figure out how someone came up with this as a solution for getting BoS to recognize FreeTrack.  It does work, although you may have to reset a few things in FreeTrack for pitch and X, Y, Z translation. These can be corrected by checking the invert box located in the Profile tab under settings.  You may want to check all the boxes under 'View relative translation' located in the Advanced tab under View relative translation. 

I think all my X,Y,Z had to be checked off in the Invert box.

Good luck getting your FreeTrack going.  I  hope BoS comes up with a fix that will let FreeTrack work with out all this other non sense.

I use FacetrackNOir from IL2-1946 times, and was working perfectly until yesterday.
Now it show this message 

10411328_10205454811191982_7253537647481

Is there any other solution better than load OpenTrack software?

I've used opentrack because ftnoir was a bit buggy for me in this game. But now even opentrack won't work for me.

EDIT: I'll add the link first posted by OP is valid as it's a portable build. I think if you go to github you need to "build" your own build from the files provided. I dunno how to do that, I doubt the majority here will.

Edited by hnbdgr

here is a short help to get a working version of opentrack in a few clicks:

+ You go to the official page: https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

+ click on relesases in the upper middle

+ Get the version of your choice (I can confirm the 2.2 end of alpha working; 90 degrees look up ect.)

+ Unzip the file and you can directly start opentrack via the opentrack.exe

• Upvote 1

I've used opentrack because ftnoir was a bit buggy for me in this game. But now even opentrack won't work for me.

Try these protocol settings:

Use Trackir, hide Freetrack

Enable the EZCA checkbox

Just tried now, works for me.

I use FacetrackNOir from IL2-1946 times, and was working perfectly until yesterday.

Is there any other solution better than load OpenTrack software?

Btw Opentrack uses the same curve settings as FTnoir. So you can just copy your custom curve settings from your FTnoir settings file, to your Opentrack file. Just the curve settings, because Accela Mk4 is quite different from Mk2.

Edited by Calvamos

S!

Hello from Mother Russia, guys!

Another (and easy) way to fix Freetrack problem is downgrading input.dll file in ../IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game directory

You can download old dll file there

And traditionally - excuse my english.

Edited by NobbyNobbs

ok that sounds more simple, can u confirm that this will not effect the game adversely 

ok that sounds more simple, can u confirm that this will not effect the game adversely 

Yes I can.
I use TrackIR5, but i try this method. It work: game work, new controls work. 
I think only trackir protocol was changed in new file. With old file TrackIR detect BoS like Rise of Flight.
You can read this thread with google translate if you want.

Edited by NobbyNobbs

Yes I can.
I use TrackIR5, but i try this method. It work: game work, new controls work. 
I think only trackir protocol was changed in new file. With old file TrackIR detect BoS like Rise of Flight.
You can read this thread with google translate if you want.

ok cool, Im just worried about modifing bos files as I dont really understand them, this is the best solution if nothing else is effect.

This worked for me also.  I for the life of me can not figure out how someone came up with this as a solution for getting BoS to recognize FreeTrack.  It does work, although you may have to reset a few things in FreeTrack for pitch and X, Y, Z translation. These can be corrected by checking the invert box located in the Profile tab under settings.  You may want to check all the boxes under 'View relative translation' located in the Advanced tab under View relative translation. 

I think all my X,Y,Z had to be checked off in the Invert box.

Good luck getting your FreeTrack going.  I  hope BoS comes up with a fix that will let FreeTrack work with out all this other non sense.

This issue is the same as in elite dangerous, that why I tried it. 

I think the problem is when it become official for TRI the official profile becomes important

S!

Hello from Mother Russia, guys!
Another (and easy) way to fix Freetrack problem is downgrading input.dll file in ../IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game directory

You can download old dll file there

And traditionally - excuse my english.

Thank you sir! It worked out perfectly fine! Now I can use free track again while roaming in the sky!

The most gratitude goes to you and Mother Russia :)

Ok I got it to work now, didn't even have to try the dll yet. probably won't need now but it's good it's out there.

Also, the developer of FacetrackNOIR and Opentrack has chimed in:

If you're getting the same problem as  post #17 try locating  facetracknoir supported games.csv

then add:

484;IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad;FreeTrack20;V170;;;1008;03F04D5368D1FD2DF2AE00

and save.

hopefully this will make things work if you didn't manage to do that already.