indiaciki

Basic flight non-combat training Films from the'40s

Thanks for sharing these great instructional videos from the 1940's with the community. I am sure they'll be very informative for flying the vintage planes not just for IL2 BoS but for my other favorite flight sim Rise of Flight  (also made by 777 Studios). Thanks!

I just watched the first vid ... and what a refreshing slap in the face. It was just what I needed. Thanks.

I bought BOS at the VR patch release. I jumped right in and thought it looked and felt completely awesome. But I only tried it a few times, and then gave up. I was feeling overwhelmed and like I was always behind the curve. I felt I had to pause until I learned all the instruments and controls. It's been a couple weeks, but I haven't found the will to do anything. And then I watched this vid, and at one point I actually had a tear in my eye (not sure why - nostalgia maybe, or remembering flying lessons of 30 years ago). It struck me that I just need to get in the cockpit and fly. Fly by the seat of my pants. Don't sweat the small stuff or worry about keybindings - eventually it will come. Just get out there and fly. Thanks again.