=LD=dhyran

~<<~ Loose Deuce ~>>~ Heavy Metal Server

Hi Gents,

i am proud to announce, we gonna host a second server!

A brand new Intel 4970 4*4.4 Ghz 32 GB set of SSD and a massive direct Internet connection pushes my hopes we will be able to host 120 Players on it.

Later on i will announce a date for a mass test, searchin for its limits....

post-8133-0-34766100-1413978756_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 20

Great news :) Thankyou!

Where about will the new server be based

Cheers Dakpilot

Ping between US central - Europe is usually good, there are a lot of sub-Atlantic optical cables these days. I've played FPS games on a Chicago server from EU, no lag issues.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't bother entering a transatlantic server because they think 140ms ping will be unplayable. Not so!

Edited by Calvamos
  • Upvote 2

Oh oh skipper ... a bare metal monster ..

:pilot:

Edited by =LD=Hethwill_Khan

You know my scheduele is a bit ... compact this days dhyran. I'll do my best to be there :)

Rulo

Will the server be at your avatar information location ?

Location:northwest germany, where the cows are realy black and white

~S~

• Upvote 2

Ping between US central - Europe is usually good, there are a lot of sub-Atlantic optical cables these days. I've played FPS games on a Chicago server from EU, no lag issues.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't bother entering a transatlantic server because they think 140ms ping will be unplayable. Not so!

This.

Same thing other way around with the Eagle's Nest server when it was still around. Not enough EU players during the day as they thought their ping would stop them from playing properly.

Will the server be at your avatar information location ?

Location:northwest germany, where the cows are realy black and white

~S~

Hiho,

yes, its located in northwest germany, hosted in a datacenter, direct connect 4* 10GB, good ping overall in europe, germany between 15ms - 45 ms, portugal is <60 ms and east coast US should be around 135ms

i will give a call once the mass test will be

Sounds brilliant, great hardware and connection, look forward to seeing your testing, I just fear for the software holding you back, hope the last optimisation tweaks work in your favour a 120 player server would be fantastic.

Hi

Heavy Metal up and running.....

• Upvote 2

Maybe I missed it, but what settings are you running on? Same as your other one? Full normal? Full expert?

No radar map or anything? Sweet, that was the stuff that stopped me from using the other one.

Cheers.

Gentlemen,

please lets do mass test tonight. I will be online around 21:00 CET, so i will track any server performance issues!

Please log on tonight and give it a try!

At this very moment  we are 20 out of  130 slots available.

Lets see how the very first evening goes.

Was one of thirty a short while ago, everthing was running smooth, will have another bash a bit later!

Cheers Dakpilot

Just flew some missions in the IL on this server and it's excellent, mission reminds me a LOT of what the guys on Eagles Nest were running. Any chance we'll see some more ground targets though? Maybe some arty, convoys or trains? Saw lots of tanks but no map markers for anything else.

Keep up the good work!

Also, is there a teamspeak set up for this yet?

Edited by 72ndSulaco

No issues here. Ran very smooth and top population I saw was at a time 68, but wasnt looking all the time.

Eventually got a timeout to the Master Server and had to relog into IL-2, so no problems with the server.

Highly recommended.

Hey LD...are you running the old version of my mission? I have a much better optimized and populated version that I can provide...if I remember correctly, the version I gave Dhyran is really outdated and using a lot of hamfisted features that I've since made more efficient and bug-free.

Hey LD...are you running the old version of my mission? I have a much better optimized and populated version that I can provide...if I remember correctly, the version I gave Dhyran is really outdated and using a lot of hamfisted features that I've since made more efficient and bug-free.

Hey Aborted,

would be a great pleasure to run a newer one!

We had a blast with your version 2.8

S!

dhyran

Thought I recognized that mission, glad it's being kept alive, keep it up guys, can't wait to see the new version!

Hiho

We had in peak 78 players online, without any lag

Thanks for the support

Lets see if we can get over 100 at the weekend

Cheers
Dhy

Edited by =LD=dhyran