Sign in to follow this  
JtD

How much would you like to see the Po-2 in BoS?

Po-2 in BoS  

254 members have voted

1. 1. How far up is the Po-2 on your wishlist?

• First spot
    • Top five
    • Top ten
    • Top twenty
    • Further down, but still on it
    • Po-2, really? Who cares.

Polikarpov Po-2, one of the if not the most numerous aircraft used at Stalingrad, night bomber, crap plane, legend. Omnipresent on the Eastern front.

How far up is it on your wishlist for battle of Stalingrad aircraft?

Edited by JtD

for single campaigns would be nice to have it, not big priority on my list but will buy it when it comes out

i saw on russian forums, at same time whille we were complaining about lack of Ju-52, they were complaining about lack of Po-2 :)

Edited by Yaklover

Yes, it's kind of like the same category. But hasn't been mentioned here.

Wow, the Po-2 is so unpopular with the international community, that hardly anyone even bothers to vote.

for single campaigns would be nice to have it, not big priority on my list but will buy it when it comes out

i saw on russian forums, at same time whille we were complaining about lack of Ju-52, they were complaining about lack of Po-2 :)

*cough* http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/291-female-pilots-vvs/?p=23693 *cough*

;)

I can wish for more than one airplane at a time,  and I think the Po-2 is WAY more likely than the -52.

Edited by HeavyCavalrySgt

Like the Ju-52 and FW-189 it is one of the planes I don't really need as flyable, but it is definitely needed as AI plane. A flyable version could be added later if there is enough interest.

As a fan of "crap planes" I want it. I always like flying the plane that isn't popular on the server for some reason.

• Upvote 1

YES, YES, YES! 110% I was just about to start a similar thread when I found this one. I might even consider a sex change to fly one of these like Nadya did.

...on some occasions Polikarpov U-2 biplane trainers were pressed into service as pathfinders, detecting and illuminating targets by dropping flares and incendiary bombs a few minutes ahead of the il-2s.

In one such operation on the night of 24 October, 19 pilots from 228th ShAD, together with ten U-2s from 271st NBAD, made a highly effective attack on German troops 30 km (19 miles) northwest of Stalingrad.

Working in relays throughout the mission, specially-assigned U-2s designated the targets for the il-2s and other Polikarpov biplanes.

;)

Sokol1

Even more so after the night livestream, really could do with the Night Witches being a part of the sim.

Yeah, same here. I was sitting there watching it and every other thought was "Po-2". The developers are paying quite a bit of attention to night and darkness, and the Po-2 belongs there. It just does.

I don't see why it should not be included. Low, Slow, dropping bombs on your stuff hehe. Hate to get caught in one though, all you can do is just turn and dodge the incoming fire and wait for backup.

Mig-3

Il-4

Fw-189

Po-2 <- number four

I've flown them in modded Il-2  - it is a lot of fun. Especially with a single fixed forward firing ShKAS and hand dropped bombs! Trying to get a grenade onto a truck is a tremendous amount of fun.

Their low speed and manoeuvrability also makes them quite survivable at low altitude.

I also flown po2 in moddedd il2 and it is so much fun and great little biplane to fly. if it end up as flyable in BOS i will be very happy

Mig-3

Il-4

Fw-189

Po-2 <- number four

I've flown them in modded Il-2  - it is a lot of fun. Especially with a single fixed forward firing ShKAS and hand dropped bombs! Trying to get a grenade onto a truck is a tremendous amount of fun.

Their low speed and manoeuvrability also makes them quite survivable at low altitude.

I'd love to have MiG-3 & Po-2.

I flew MiGs a LOT in IL-2.

And yep, there is one MiG that never overheats in the level flight, max throttle/speed :biggrin: ...

We could definitely use some biplane action in the BoX world. More diversity is always weclome.

I think Jason said it's planned to be modeled by a contracted team as an experiment to see if that kind of collaboration would be feasible.

I hope it makes it in. It's the inclusion of aircraft like this which will add depth to the sim, along with Ju52 and if we get a Li-2, Fw189 or similar, and be a step closer to creating a fully fleshed-out combat theatre to fly in, rather than a flat two-dimensional 'warplane fighting game'.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the reaction of any fighter pilot who tries to intercept you in a Po-2, diving down from altitude only to see you pull an effortless tight turn way below their stall speed and disappear.

And in fact, if any future Po-2 is armed... I'll gift an aircraft of your choice to the first person to shoot down a 109 in one.

• Upvote 2

On its own, the Po-2 is nice to have.  But if it has the right gameplay along with it, then you would never get me out of the thing.

It will be a real challenge to survive whilst flying it in missions and career... I'll enjoy flying it for that reason alone

• Upvote 1

Great to have the Po-2 for the Night Witches to annoy Axis air bases

Now then, where is that i-153P ! :P

I've already seen the Po-2 in BOX as 1cgs included screenshots in their last email :)

But I'll vote yes anyhow, as it's a significant aircraft and should be lots of fun, low and slow :fly:

po2a.jpg

po2b.jpg

po2c.jpg

Links to original full size screens;

https://il2sturmovik.com/m/2018/06/po2a.jpg

https://il2sturmovik.com/m/2018/06/po2b.jpg

https://il2sturmovik.com/m/2018/06/po2c.jpg

Edited by Pict

Can’t wait to mow the lawn with this thing.