Sign in to follow this  
Livai

IL-2 BoS goes PC-DVD

Is probably just a steam activation code

S!

Yes, the falling German Bf109F MUST be there :rolleyes: And 7th of November, must be going gold very soon if they want to get it shipped in time.

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 1

Looks like they have a deal with Excalibur Publishing.

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/games/il-2-sturmovik-battle-stalingrad/

I guess we'll hear an announcement soon. :)

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Release Date: November 7, 2014 ..And a release date too, the day after I have my root canal. So now I will have something to easy the pain with!

Edited by Pigmachine

I also like the fact that they added "from the team that brought you Rise of Flight". It makes it very clear that this is not a sequel to CloD, which will certainly help sales.

• Upvote 1

This is the European announcement. U.S. coming soon. Yes the retail boxes will include Steam keys.

Jason

What will be in the box ? Only DVD or also some manuals ?

Regards

I also like the fact that they added "from the team that brought you Rise of Flight". It makes it very clear that this is not a sequel to CloD, which will certainly help sales.

Totally agree!  Yesterday I installed Rise of Flight and will really dedicate more time to it. I had to uninstall it because of a problem I had with my disk partitions, and haven't played it more than a couple of times. Whow! It looks graphically superb! But I really have a LOT to learn there, and I haven't yet learned everything about each of IL2 BOS's aircraft :-/

Looking fwd for "Illya Muromets" too!!!

DCS went the give-away way.... BTW... anyone ineterested in a10c, fc3 or the ka50?

Edited by jcomm

Totally agree!  Yesterday I installed Rise of Flight and will really dedicate more time to it. I had to uninstall it because of a problem I had with my disk partitions, and haven't played it more than a couple of times. Whow! It looks graphically superb! But I really have a LOT to learn there, and I haven't yet learned everything about each of IL2 BOS's aircraft :-/

Looking fwd for "Illya Muromets" too!!!

DCS went the give-away way.... BTW... anyone ineterested in a10c, fc3 or the ka50?

The reason I bought this one were just the reason that 777 were heavily involved in it, and I already seen the quality of ROF, have every plane and every mod (except the heavy bombers that I don't care about in WWI, and the first two 'toy' planes)

Already have most of the DCS modules, but can't muster up the energy to start it (until the next game-engine comes out)

Edited by Pigmachine

This is the European announcement. U.S. coming soon. Yes the retail boxes will include Steam keys.

Jason

Any possibilities for pre-order pre-steam buyers to get one box without additional charges?

I feel a bit let down with all the nice goodies (steam, boxed game) for LATE buyers and none for Pre-order ppl.

Edited by sturmkraehe
  • Upvote 1

S!

JCOMM. Ka-50 or FC3 sound interesting :) Already have A-10C.

Edited by LLv34_Flanker

Any possibilities for pre-order pre-steam buyers to get one box without additional charges?

I feel a bit let down with all the nice goodies (steam, boxed game) for LATE buyers and none for Pre-order ppl.

You were able to play the game a year before.

Isnt enough?

S!

Thanx a ton, just seems the updating of PM takes a bit. EDIT: And got it :)

Edited by LLv34_Flanker

I would delete the gunpods from sturmovik....just 9 produced in this configuration.

But the gunpods look GREAT on the box: really nice cover art! Terrific sense of speed.

The reason I bought this one were just the reason that 777 were heavily involved in it,......

Same reason for me.  Rise Of Flight is truely amazing and BOS gonna be even better. 

Same reason for me.  Rise Of Flight is truely amazing and BOS gonna be even better. 

Single Player in ROF is way better, imho.

Single Player in ROF is way better, imho.

It was worse for a few years prior to beta career.

Now that was a box and I still have mine in A 1 shape :)

With tax it was almost 80 bucks! The Canadian dollar was in the toilet in 2001 plus I almost killed myself driving into town getting it in my rusted out K car.

sturmi.jpg

Edited by II./JG27_Rich
  • Upvote 1

Yep still have my original Ubi boxed version too

Yep still have my original Ubi boxed version too

I still have the very original boxed version as well, with great pride.

I still have ALL of my old IL-2 boxes as well.... I'm a packrat...  :rolleyes: 

Me too!  Wish I got a boxed copy of Cliffs of Dover, though.

They're like trophies... ;)

Yeah that is the only one I do not have.

I've got the large boxed CLoD Collectors Edition, with... escape map, spitfire pilots manual, and the large ring binder pilots notes. :)

I'd greatly appreciate a Steam code too because... 

You were able to play the game a year before.

Isnt enough?

I checked Steam and it wasn't there, so I bought Early Access, started my download and went to bed. By the time I woke up the game was on Steam. Gutted :(

• Upvote 1

No disk... just a box with a 'steam key'. Is this correct?

On amazon uk it says DVD ROM, and does not mention steam anywhere.

edit (it may not mention it on the write up, but it shows the steam logo on the box)

Edited by Trooper117