BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 81

Hi Everybody!

Today we give you the single player campaign for the Early Access. This is the most complex game mode we have in BOS. It utilizes our mission generator logic, AI technologies, and all the content we’ve made. We’ll keep working on the Campaign for a time, adding new types of missions, applying some more scenario elements and improve the existing systems. Because today’s release is the very first public version of the Campaign, you’ll probably find bugs in it. We’ll notify you about the most important ones that are discovered and, of course, fix them.

And yes, we need some extra time to finalize the project and make some important corrections. This is mostly related to the key features of the flight-sim i.e. engineering and programming. It may seem that now that the Campaign is going to be available we’d have all the time in the world for the rest of the work. Despite modern trends we do not want an endless beta for our game. That’s why when some necessary “polishing” is done IL2:BOS will be officially released in the beginning of November 2014, which is one month from today.

Today’s update will be one of the most significant of the entire Early Access period. Because of that, the first thing that you need to know is that you’ll need to perform a clean install if you have the non-Steam version. We apologize for that, but it is necessary. Uninstall the game completely (and a system reboot is recommended after that), download the updated game client from your profile and run the installer. Steam version owners won’t need all that as the update is going to be automatic. The second thing we want you to pay attention to is that the in-game progress logics will be enabled. In other words, all modifications on your accounts have been locked and you’ll make them available by playing the Campaign. Also, we’ve updated the Founders’ hangars with exclusive skins and other little things that we promised to all participants of the pre-order program.

We want to thank the community for their patience and understanding as we have progressed through the Early Access period. Overall it’s been a pretty pleasant experience we believe, hopefully the new Campaign will work as it is supposed to. As we enter the final stretch we are pleased to see some innovative MP servers and some really awesome videos that have been created to help demonstrate how awesome BOS is. We appreciate the efforts of all involved to support the BOS community and this hobby.

Cheers!

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 5

Thanks! This should be interesting..the "other little things" must obviously include the I-16. ;)

Edited by sallee
  • Upvote 1

Great work, Devs!

I have some spare time this weekend, so perfect!

How do I perform a clean install? Any special procedure I need to follow?

Oh, and can I reinstall and update now, already?

Edited by 19te.Leaf

Interesting. Very much looking forward to seeing how this is all going to play out. Let us know when the update is live!

And, as ST_ambi said, don't forget to back up your controls file. Exactly like I didn't.

In my defence, I NEARLY remembered to do it before merrily hitting the "Yes" button.

Oh well, I could never remember most of them anyway.

Hi devs,is new launcher allready available for download or should we wait for "green light"?

Are their any user files (control keys, etc.) we can save and transfer to the new version?

We highly recommend you delete everything. You can give them a try but it's up to. Since we don't want you to risk, we advice to delete everything.

Hi devs,is new launcher allready available for download or should we wait for "green light"?

Yes, please, wait for it!

Despite modern trends we do not want an endless beta for our game.

This is the best speech ever, making serious companies to be different than all of the others, keep up the good work guys and thank you very much

A big thank you devs . ;) 

This is the best speech ever, making serious companies to be different than all of the others, keep up the good work guys and thank you very much

1+ .

Not suprised the campaing is coming today but still good to know. Also thx for the approximate release date, it's alway better go an extra mile for truely finishing a project instead of releasing it uncomplete while sitting back and counting the money!

Anyway let's don't forget about the mnor "cookies". Hope there'll be some with this update as well. :)

Despite modern trends we do not want an endless beta for our game.

I can totally not see which game you try to referr to... :scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by [Jg26]5tuka

Just so I understand, for multiplayer, in order to have unlocks now, you would need to have achieved them in single player? Is this right, or am I wrong?

Great news, thanks!!!

just one question???

Is the nose down FM bug with the 109 and 190 fixed in this release???

So, once again about what you need to know about this update:

1) You’ll need to perform a clean install if you have the non-Steam version. We apologize for that, but it is necessary.

- Uninstall the game completely (and a system reboot is recommended after that).

- Make sure that all files of the previous installation of the game have been completely removed.

- Download the updated game client from your profile and run the installer.

Steam version owners won’t need all that as the update is going to be automatic.

2) Don't use old control and views settings in the new version

3) Updated game client is available for download http://il2sturmovik.com/download/

The change log for today's update is as follows:

- fixed the bug with skins unavailability;
- impossibility to finish tutorial and start the campaign was fixed;
- video cutscenes were converted to Bink to avoid stutters;
- autopilot feature was turned off for campaign mode;
- it's now possible to speed up time for x2 only;
- some corrections were made to the He 111 physical model;
- aim helper added in Normal difficulty;
- incorrectly low resolution at first start of the game via Steam was fixed

OK, so I deleted my advice to backup INPUT folder.

No biggie, will re-map my 4 devices again...

Looking forward to trying the campaign.

:salute:

Edited by ST_ami7b5

Am I understanding this correctly then.....remap everything?

Yes, but you can make screens old settings right now)

Thanks for these promising news. With the new update and the single player campaign, will we have the possibility to change the "character"/player name in game ?

Thanks for these promising news. With the new update and the single player campaign, will we have the possibility to change the "character"/player name in game ?

No, I hope you'll have this possibility after release.

• Upvote 1

Awesome!! Thanks for the update! Any news on how Oculus integration is going?

I'll have news on that after October 15th.

• Upvote 2

I'll have news on that after October 15th.

Thanks!! the wait is painful :P But I'm sure it will be worth it!